AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Daddy Long Legs - 03.14.11

Daddy Long Legs - 03.14.11

Interviewed by
Daddy Long Legs - 03.14.11The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

DADDY LONG LEGS

www.daddylonglegsband.com

How did you get your band name?
It started it out as kind of a joke. Brian is a little bit older than me and when he's got the full beard going he looks like the perfect "mad dad."
Me being a skinny long legged creature myself, it just worked out.

How did this band get started?

We've both been playing music for a long time. Brian and I met playing in a previous band that had some minor success, but due to lack of dedication from some other members, we decided to go off and do our own thing together.

What bands are you influenced by?
We really dig Trophy Scars, Manchester Orchestra, Pinback, Cursive, and The Working Title, to name a few!

If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

There are many, but I'll make it easy and pick one. I would love to perform with Toto, and guest vocal on Africa!

Best food to eat on tour?
Pizza, all day.

Why should people listen to your band?
Because I put my heart and soul into it. I think regardless of your musical taste, most people can enjoy honest, catchy tunes, and that's how we try to write.

If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

Point Guard for the Boston Celtics, Rajon Rondo, definitely. He's about my age (24) and he's just the man.

If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My mom

What does AP.net mean to you?
A great outlet to find new music or to help get your own music out to some more listeners. I've been coming here for years.

What is your favorite song to play?

I get sick of things quickly, so whatever the newest song I'm writing at the time is my favorite to play.

What is your vacation spot of choice?

Disney World or Portland Maine!

If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Who wouldn't choose flying???

What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?

We have a station called EQX that plays some local stuff as well as national indie and hard rock bands. There definitely aren't enough independent stations like it, and it's a shame. But yea, I guess I could envision being nestled between Lady Gaga and The Beebs on top 20 countdown.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

Spare time? What spare time?

What kind of hidden talents do you have?

We kill it on the Foosball table.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums