Username
Password
Album Info. News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Album Info.
Inside AP.net

The Strokes Follow Up Angles

Posted by: Kyle Huntington (03/25/11)
The Strokes will start working on the follow up to Angles next month.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 53
09:29 AM on 03/25/11
provethatIexist
i must have read a thousand faces
User Info.
noice. sounds like they'll all actually be in the same room for this one.
09:32 AM on 03/25/11
mattlol
lolol
User Info.
cool. hopefully this one actually sounds like old strokes.
09:32 AM on 03/25/11
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
nice, so t-minus 4 years, 365 days, and 24 hours until it drops!
09:33 AM on 03/25/11
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
I adore Angles, the more I listen to it, the better it gets. Don't undestand the load of hate it gets.
09:35 AM on 03/25/11
SoopaMayne
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I adore Angles, the more I listen to it, the better it gets. Don't undestand the load of hate it gets.
It is ridiculous. If people want a band to stick to their old sound and not progress or try new things as musicians then they should just keep listening to their old albums.
09:36 AM on 03/25/11
bite2brkskn12
Registered Member
User Info.
who's hating it?
09:36 AM on 03/25/11
SLoT
Stage three has begun.
User Info.
Listening to Angles right now. Awesome album. I've missed them, and I'm stoked to hear they're going to be starting work on a follow up so soon!
09:37 AM on 03/25/11
bite2brkskn12
Registered Member
User Info.
It is ridiculous. If people want a band to stick to their old sound and not progress or try new things as musicians then they should just keep listening to their old albums.
exactly, people want bands to just make the same album over and over again. i personally love the new album. It's a lot better than the last one
09:41 AM on 03/25/11
provethatIexist
i must have read a thousand faces
User Info.

same here
09:42 AM on 03/25/11
Pod
User Info.
Agreed. It's a grower, just like Phrazes for the Young. I remember there being a time where I just didn't get it, but now it's one of my favorite albums ever.

Anyway, this is great news.
09:45 AM on 03/25/11
starseed
pen?
User Info.
Angles is good, but I confess I am a little disappointed that there's nothing on it that particularly sounds like old Strokes. I got into the Strokes from Is This It and Room On Fire and I kind of wish I could have another album like that, but I guess that's what Airborne Toxic Event is for, lol.
09:46 AM on 03/25/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.

I reviwed it and gave it a 68, but that's because I think they actually only "hit" it on 68% of the record. It really is there weakest effort overall. Having said that, it has its moments and it's still enjoyable. I didn't rate it that low because I want them to sound like they did ten years ago, it's because I know they can do better - and we will see that I'm sure.

Aside from all that, I saw this coming as band members were hinting towards it right after Angles leaked.
09:49 AM on 03/25/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.

That's not why people are hating on the album. It's because everyone knows, including The Strokes themselves, they can do better. Hence hitting the studio a month after their album dropped.
09:53 AM on 03/25/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Also, very excited. New Strokes is always a good thing.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests