Username
Password

Album Review - Page 12
Displaying posts 165 - 180 of 351.
04:00 PM on 03/29/11
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
User Info.
Release date is coming so fast. Excited!
04:03 PM on 03/29/11
troubledbyinsects
~
User Info.
I guarantee that most of the people complaining about the score didn't even read the review.
04:04 PM on 03/29/11
Sheluligans
Focus on the horizon.
User Info.
Shit review. This is definitely a 97%. This site is a joke.
04:05 PM on 03/29/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
I guarantee that most of the people complaining about the score didn't even read the review.
Which is my biggest problem with the scores. In the new website I am definitely moving to a 1-10 score system. And part of me is playing with some ideas of how or when to even show a score to begin with. Some A-B testing is definitely in order ... but I am giving it a lot of thought because I hate reading review comments where people talk about the score more than the music or the review. That bugs me.
04:13 PM on 03/29/11
A Pilgrim
Destroy what you create.
User Info.
Which is my biggest problem with the scores. In the new website I am definitely moving to a 1-10 score system. And part of me is playing with some ideas of how or when to even show a score to begin with. Some A-B testing is definitely in order ... but I am giving it a lot of thought because I hate reading review comments where people talk about the score more than the music or the review. That bugs me.
I'd prefer a *****/***** score myself, but that's just me. Or no scores at all. I always had a hard time with rating of records or movies.
04:14 PM on 03/29/11
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
I'm a huge fan of A City BTLD.
I've got a feeling I'll like this one better than the last.
04:15 PM on 03/29/11
troubledbyinsects
~
User Info.
Yeah, that's a great idea. The review itself says SO much more about an album then just a percentage out of 100 does. People are lazy though and would much rather look at a rating then take 3 minutes to read a review. Sadly, I don't think that'll really change.
04:26 PM on 03/29/11
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
Omg a 98% this site is shit and ridiculous for letting a person have his own opinions on how to score an album.
04:29 PM on 03/29/11
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
i think 1-10 rating would be better for sure. but yes, test it out, see what works best!
05:07 PM on 03/29/11
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
How long do the reviewers have the albums before the reviews come out? I think a big problem with reviews in general is they are reviewing new/fresh music that they are excited about, so they are less likely to criticize it or have a fair/accurate judgement on it. I realize they probably get them as early as possible and are limited in time to write the review...

I'm not saying it's their fault at all. I know the first few weeks I'll agree with this score. Next few months I'll probably think it's a little steep.

I really don't think you should do away with the 0-100%, I think it just needs tweaking. I think when the actual percentage is displayed would solve the problem.

I'd even be interested in reading some of the reviewers re-review or revisit some of their reviews from years past. Whether they stand by it, opinions changed, and re-score it.
05:10 PM on 03/29/11
Spartan789013
I should be proper for a change
User Info.
Then why did you take the time to post this response, if music is subjective?

I haven't heard this, and I don't care to. Drew's scores are always too high when it comes to an album he likes, there's little objectivity when it comes to reviews on this site.

I posted "too high" because I love to get a rise out of AP.net's users.
I like getting a rise out of people who like trying to get a rise out of others.

I win the troll war, kid. You're outta your league.
05:11 PM on 03/29/11
Spartan789013
User Info.
That is not correct but those albums (apart from LZ4 imo) would be perfect 100s

So from your logic. You say that "is This album as good as (list your list of albums here)" when it gets a 98. Yet you go and say those albums are perfect 100s.

98 = 100.

What?
05:17 PM on 03/29/11
spiffa0
I am the Third Revelation
User Info.
98% of the people in here are stupid
05:17 PM on 03/29/11
Spartan789013
User Info.
If you really wanna stop the bitching about scores, make the scores complex math problems*. Like if it scores a 90, make it something like:

Integrate the function f(x)= x over the interval 0 to sqrt(180).

*"complex" is also subjective, depending on the reader's mathematic ability.**

**This is subjective too, making it a double meaning.***

***You are also teaching kids math, triple- win.
05:42 PM on 03/29/11
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
A lot of swings and misses in here.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives