AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Signing News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Razor & Tie Signs Madina Lake

Posted by - 09:27 AM on 05/10/11
Madina Lake have signed with Razor & Tie. The band's new album, World War III, will be out in the Fall.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
09:28 AM on 05/10/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Press Release Excerpt"Razor & Tie has always been one of those labels we wished we signed from day one. Being fans of bands like Norma Jean and Saves the Day, the label's had an heir of diversity, credibility and mystique that always made it so intriguing. Not to mention, Razor & Tie has achieved success with artists spanning several genres which is a testament to the passion they have for what they do. After the tumultuous year we've had, it's an honor and a privilege to be partnering up with them to release what is Madina's most profound and significant record to date," said Nathan Leone of Madina Lake.

Madina Lake's new album will be the third and final installment of their concept trilogy, World War III which continues the Leone brothers' tales of a metaphorical universe. Pouring their life experiences into their songs, Madina Lake set out to release three albums which would congruently tell the story of Madina Lake, a small town of their own creation, which would also serve as the canvas for a much larger message. The first chapter, 2007's From Them, Through Us, to You (Roadrunner Records), introduced the town set in the 1950's and the story is focused on the town socialite(Adalia), who goes missing, and the reaction the town's inhabitants have - a commentary on society's obsession with celebrity and materialism. The second chapter, 2009's Attics to Eden (Roadrunner Records), continued the search for the missing socialite while introducing other characters to the world outside Madina Lake as well as exploring Adalia's journey. The album dove into the psychological aspects of the society and what truly separates and degrades humanity when elements of greed, lying, cheating, violence, power struggles and insecurity are displayed. In the final chapter, World War III, concludes with the discovery of Adalia and an epic battle of good and evil that mirrors human internal struggles with self.

"In a way we made this record subconsciously. So much was going on around us that we didn't have the energy to over think it. At the same time we knew how important it would ultimately become in our lives so every single moment counted. It's by far our heaviest record to date both sonically and emotionally," explains Nathan Leone
09:34 AM on 05/10/11
VinceHotline
Hotline / Vince
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
love this band. best dudes.
09:46 AM on 05/10/11
apparitionrecs
Music comes first
User Info.
Great choice. I heard rumors that they signed to Sony... guess those weren't true. This'll probably work out better for them.
10:03 AM on 05/10/11
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Good for both sides. Razor & Tie has made some nice signings. RIP Just Surrender.
10:42 AM on 05/10/11
Circa1628
Long suffering Bills fan
User Info.
Excited for this, and hoping it's better than their last album
11:05 AM on 05/10/11
lostfear
Jakesonaplane
User Info.
some of the nicest dudes I've ever had the pleasure of sharing the stage with.
11:10 AM on 05/10/11
Jamie Pham
@jamiepham
User Info.
Great choice. I heard rumors that they signed to Sony... guess those weren't true. This'll probably work out better for them.

Same thing. Razor and tie goes through Sony distribution.
11:37 AM on 05/10/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
So excited for the new album. Their debut was a great album, not into the newest one as much.
12:15 PM on 05/10/11
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
Excited for this, and hoping it's better than their last album
this. erm. these..
12:19 PM on 05/10/11
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
User Info.
So excited for them! Love these guys to death.
12:52 PM on 05/10/11
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
nice im excited,
Quote:
it's by far our heaviest record to date both sonically and emotionally
01:13 PM on 05/10/11
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
I loved their first album, their last effort was pretty enjoyable but left me a little bit disappointed, but I'm sure their new record will be so much better than Attics To Eden. Also, I'm a big fan of Leone bros, Nathan & Matthew, they're very proud of their italian origins and for this they will always have my support!
01:28 PM on 05/10/11
COREhorizon
Get Free
User Info.
Definitely will check this out, probably because they're now labelmates with Saves the Day. Razor & Tie is going to have some more good signings soon, I'm calling it.
02:34 PM on 05/10/11
hollowitout
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Definitely will check this out, probably because they're now labelmates with Saves the Day. Razor & Tie is going to have some more good signings soon, I'm calling it.
cool! been following this label.. b/w Saves The Day, Vanessa Carlton, Bad Books, and Ocean Is Theory.. good recent signings indeed. they just put out the first single from Ocean today as well.. not sure why it hasn't popped up here yet, but it's on the bands facebook

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos