Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
03:41 PM on 05/25/11
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
I don't think writing a song for another artist is considered to be selling out. The musician is merely expanding what he can do with his/her talent. However, I feel that a completely drastic change in sound or image for that musician's project can be considered selling out. Basically what Thomas said.
05:21 PM on 05/25/11
johnnyferris
User Info.
Which is why they can do side-projects.
Exactly.
05:29 PM on 05/25/11
johnnyferris
User Info.
I hear that about Green Day all the time, and I really don't understand it. If you listen to Kerplunk and then listen to Dookie, what's the difference musically? Both are simplistic, but fun pop-punk albums. Dookie contains lyrics about staying in and wanking, its not tailor-made for the radio. After getting massively successful from Dookie, they followed that album with Insomniac, which was a quick, fast punk album that removed a lot of the pop from the album that made them massive. It would have been easy for them to make Dookie pt. 2, but they made the album they wanted to make. American Idiot is also an incredibly ballsy record, they came back after 4 years after the poorly received (but in my mind their best album) Warning with a political album centerpieced by two nine minute multi-part rock songs, completely unlike anything they've ever recorded before.

Green Day are a massive band because they're brilliant, not because they 'sold out'.

I'm genuinely interested in why you think they're sell-outs?
I've thoroughly enjoyed each and everyone of Green Day's releases. I think change was good for a band like them. American Idiot had the two nine-minuters not Warning.
10:04 PM on 05/25/11
johnnyferris
User Info.
Yeah I love Green Day, which is why I don't understand why they get labelled as sell outs.

Ha yeah, you're right it was American Idiot, It's late at night (for me, anyway) so I'm gonna blame that mistake on tiredness ha.
It's all good man. I think people are just jealous of their success. It's just one of those things when someone's favorite little band gets huge and it's not just there's anymore.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests