Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 49 of 49
09:53 PM on 06/06/11
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
Thanks for the clarification. It definitely makes more sense now in terms of what you were trying to say. I don't agree with everything you said, namely that religion's societal utility has become more limited. Ultimately, I think that's an illusion, as there are facets of morality and religion that are inseparable. A religion-less society is possible, but the pull of morality will never be as strong in such a society as if religion was present, if for no other reason than that scientifically speaking, our brains seem to be wired for religion and that a lot of humanity responds best to the need to "be moral" when religion is present.

But I'm going on a huge tangent from the topic at hand here, so I'm going to stop haha. I'm definitely open to discussing this with you elsewhere though!
Always open to a healthy philosophical debate and having my mind changed; feel free to PM with a dismantling of my position! It'll provide a healthy distraction from all the dry legal work I'm otherwise doing.
10:21 PM on 06/06/11
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
Always open to a healthy philosophical debate and having my mind changed; feel free to PM with a dismantling of my position! It'll provide a healthy distraction from all the dry legal work I'm otherwise doing.
Will do! Just saw you're a law student, which is awesome. That's the direction people in my life have been trying to push me down, I just don't know if I have what it takes to go through with it haha.
12:24 AM on 06/07/11
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
Will do! Just saw you're a law student, which is awesome. That's the direction people in my life have been trying to push me down, I just don't know if I have what it takes to go through with it haha.
Another subject I'm happy to discuss if you're inclined to hear from someone "on the inside," haha.
03:28 PM on 06/07/11
hydraulicheart
The world is yours, so take it.
User Info.
I love this band and that album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT