Username
Password
Video Games News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video Games
Inside AP.net

Games Round-Up (06/12/11)

Posted by: Deborah Remus (06/12/11)
Head to the replies to read this week's Games Round-Up.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 47
01:52 PM on 06/12/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Thanks to Jim for putting this together.
Games Round-UpAnother E3 is in the books and boy are my arms tired. Or something. I don't know. Here is as much E3 news as I can give you.

SONY

The NGP is officially called the PS VIta or PSV as I'll be calling it and will be GASP! affordable!

There is going to be a PlayStation branded 3DTV for $499.

Dust 514 the FPS tie-in to EVE Online will be exclusive to PlayStation 3.

Cole from inFAMOUS will be a playable character in Street Fighter x Tekken for the PSV.

God of War: Origins collects the two PSP games and HDs them and puts them on the PlayStation 3.

A downloadable prequel to the recently announced Star Trek game will be exclusive to PSN.

Behold the Resistance 3 Doomsday edition!

Here's a new trailer for Starhawk.

BioShock Infinite will support PlayStation Move and there is a BioShock title coming to the PSV.

You can download the entire multiplayer component of Uncharted 3 this October by eating at Subway.

There's going to be a game for PlayStation Move where you play as a skeleton and walk around a castle on rails. Riveting I know.

A new Sly Cooper game will be out next year.

The Team ICO collection is coming September 27th.

NINTENDO

So, the Wii U, huh? It's a controller or a console or an iPod Touch with buttons I'm not 100% sure. It wont matter though because the thing isn't coming out for about 18 months. So dream whatever you can dream up.

While the controller definitely looks exciting, unfortunately as of right now its planned to be 1 controller per console. Man, it's going to suck to have to share that thing.

3rd parties seem genuinely excited about the Wii U.

Pikmin is in development for the Wii U.

Retro the studio behind the Metroid Prime trilogy is helping out with the development of Mario Kart for the 3DS.

StarFox 64 is coming to the 3DS in September.

Super Mario for the 3DS is coming this year.

Kid Icarus Uprising is due out by the end of this year.

Nintendo is going all out for the 25th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda.

Luigi's Mansion 2 is coming for the 3DS.

MICROSOFT

Mass Effect 3 will use Kinect for voice commands.

Microsoft will once again revamp the Xbox 360s dashboard.

UFC is coming to the Xbox 360.

Crytek will release a controller/Kinect hybrid game called Ryse.

Want to try out a bunch of mini games and new tech for your Kinect? Download the absolutely free Kinect Fun Labs.

Minecraft is coming to the 360 with Kinect support.

Microsoft will release a 10th anniversary edition of Halo on the game's 10th anniversary November 15th.

Microsoft announced Halo 4, 5, and 6. Halo 4 will be out next Holiday.

Here is this year's Xbox Live Summer of Arcade.

MUSIC NEWS!! Body Count will reunite to record a song for Gears of War 3.

Dance Central 2 will be out in time for Christmas.

Forza 4 will be out October 11th.

Look for Kinect Sports: Season Two by the end of the year.

Fable: The Journey is a Kinect driven Fable game.

Microsoft showed off some gameplay of Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster.

Star Wars Kinect looks dumb.

You can virtually visit Disneyland in Disneyland Adventures.

EVERYTHING ELSE

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will use Kinect for weapon customization.

Mass Effect 3 is out March 6, 2012.

The Sims Social is a Sims Facebook game.

Battlefield 3 is coming on October 25th with an open beta in September.

Here's some details on Madden '12.

Insomniac's first multiplatform title is called Overstrike.

Here are some details on Need for Speed: The Run.

Some new details on Batman: Arkham City.

Rayman Origins details.

Here's a trailer for the Adventures of Tintin game.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier and Ghost Recon: Online will share stats with each other.

Gearbox announced Brothers in Arms: Furious 4.

FarCry 3 looks amazing.

New details on SSX.

Are you interested in EA Sports Football club?

New trailer for Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Here's some gameplay footage of the Devil May Cry reboot.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 is in development, but for next generation consoles.

Here's the Mass Effect 3 collector's edition.

Pre-ordering Assassin's Creed: Revelations at GameStop gets you the signature edition.

Ubisoft is developing 5 games for the Wii U.

RELEASES

Duke Nukem Forever

Child of Eden

Wii Play Motion

Alice: Madness Returns

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Deca Sports Extreme

Wipeout: In the Zone

I hope that was enough E3 news to satisfy your hunger for video game news. How did you guys feel about E3? I feel like Microsoft fell flat on their face. Sony and Nintendo were about even, but I think the prospect of the PSV coming this year at $249 was just enough to push them over the edge. Until next time children...

Submitted by: be_mine
01:56 PM on 06/12/11
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I hope Far Cry 3 isn't the GTA-open world game that Far Cry 2 tried to be.

The trailer looked great.
01:58 PM on 06/12/11
chris1152
High fives save lives.
User Info.
Nothing about Skyrim in here? I'm already caught up on the news and info with that game. I just found it a little weird for it to be missing on here since it's arguably one of the most anticipated games coming out this year.
02:09 PM on 06/12/11
be mine
Video games are for children
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Nothing about Skyrim in here? I'm already caught up on the news and info with that game. I just found it a little weird for it to be missing on here since it's arguably one of the most anticipated games coming out this year.
I didn't have any news on Skyrim. It has dragons. I could link you to people's impressions of it, but that's not news.
02:16 PM on 06/12/11
chris1152
High fives save lives.
User Info.
I didn't have any news on Skyrim. It has dragons. I could link you to people's impressions of it, but that's not news.

There was a 30 minute demo shown at E3. Multiple gameplay videos are out there now.
02:18 PM on 06/12/11
be mine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
There was a 30 minute demo shown at E3. Multiple gameplay videos are out there now.
Correct. However there is nothing newsworthy about it.
02:19 PM on 06/12/11
Charles777
my anaconda don't
User Info.
I don't know what to think about Halo 4. Halo 3 ended so perfectly, it doesn't seem right to do another. Really stoked on Minecraft and Skyrim though. I'm getting tired of Fortress Craft.
02:20 PM on 06/12/11
chris1152
High fives save lives.
User Info.
Correct. However there is nothing newsworthy about it.

I guess there is nothing newsworthy about the multiple links to gameplay videos for other games in your round-up then.
02:22 PM on 06/12/11
be mine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I guess there is nothing newsworthy about the multiple links to gameplay videos for other games in your round-up then.
The gameplay videos I have linked to are reveals or new gameplay mechanics. Skyrim is the sequel to Oblivion. Plays like it. Looks gorgeous. I'm sorry that you are super excited for Skyrim and that my roundup on a music website skipped it. I'll understand if you never come back.
02:23 PM on 06/12/11
deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
PS Vita is a day one buy (great price), the Wii U is kinda... "meh" (but I'll buy it anyways since I like to own every console), Tomb Raider looks amazing, Ubisoft should be ashamed of themselves for delaying Beyond Good & Evil 2 (do we really need three AC games in three years), and more Halo... come on Microsoft, take some risks
02:25 PM on 06/12/11
be mine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
PS Vita is a day one buy (great price), the Wii U is kinda... "meh" (but I'll buy it anyways since I like to own every console), Tomb Raider looks amazing, Ubisoft should be ashamed of themselves for delaying Beyond Good & Evil 2 (do we really need three AC games in three years), and more Halo... come on Microsoft, take some risks
You think Tomb Raider looks amazing? I think it looks like its still a year out. Which luckily it is.
02:26 PM on 06/12/11
S7ranburgLar
We're not for them(and that's cool)
User Info.
I'm so excited about Luigi's Mansion 2! I don't have any current generation Nintendo products, but am quite tempted to get a 3DS for it. I enjoyed the first one so much.

As for the E3 news, I don't have - or care for - Sony, and Microsoft is all about the kinect, while I'm faithful to the controller. Tons of titles to look forward to, but mainly as 3rd party developments.

edit: also, I'll get Halo 4, but I'm scared...
02:29 PM on 06/12/11
be mine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm so excited about Luigi's Mansion 2! I don't have any current generation Nintendo products, but am quite tempted to get a 3DS for it. I enjoyed the first one so much.

As for the E3 news, I don't have - or care for - Sony, and Microsoft is all about the kinect, while I'm faithful to the controller. Tons of titles to look forward to, but mainly as 3rd party developments.

edit: also, I'll get Halo 4, but I'm scared...
Halo 4 will be fine. They have a good mix of amazing talent and former Bungie employees working on it.
02:31 PM on 06/12/11
Hail Lelouch
User Info.
Pikmin woo. Shame no news regarding Graces F or Xillia
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles