Username
Password
Video News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video
Inside AP.net

Sons of God Update

Posted by: Matthew Tsai (06/22/11)
Sons of God (ex-Chasing Victory) posted a video announcing that they will be changing their band name to just Sons, as well as details on new music and new members.

Submitted by Ghostpsalm

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 29
01:22 PM on 06/22/11
lotusmilano
just follow your heart
User Info.
Pretty sure I put in money to fund their album like a year and a half ago
01:25 PM on 06/22/11
rushour144
User Info.
Which if you watch the video, you will hear it IS coming out this year, and will be a rarity cause only the kickstarter people get the cd.
01:57 PM on 06/22/11
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
Wait is a new member from Chasing Victory?
02:29 PM on 06/22/11
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
User Info.
Sons. I can deal with that because the music from the EP was amazing. I am a bit disappointed that they are taking so long to release an album. Especially when people contributed to the recording. That's the disadvantage with Kickstarter - if you don't get it out within a reasonable time it's not really fair on the fans that trusted you enough to donate.
03:48 PM on 06/22/11
bang.bang.BANG!
is dragging the lake
User Info.
which member is from chasing victory?
04:05 PM on 06/22/11
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
which member is from chasing victory?
from what I understand there isn't any chasing victory dudes in this project anymore...there was at the start but I'm almost positive there isn't anymore
04:11 PM on 06/22/11
bang.bang.BANG!
is dragging the lake
User Info.
from what I understand there isn't any chasing victory dudes in this project anymore...there was at the start but I'm almost positive there isn't anymore
ahh ok gotcha... im still waiting on that chasing victory reunion!!

also just realized my avatar, how fitting!
04:16 PM on 06/22/11
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
ahh ok gotcha... im still waiting on that chasing victory reunion!!

also just realized my avatar, how fitting!
i hope it's true...they were the most underrated band in the scene...should have been way bigger...Fiends was one of my favorite screaming records
07:22 PM on 06/22/11
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.
haha they kicked out the member i knew of (jordan the drummer) dudes nuts (in a good way).
10:02 PM on 06/22/11
Ghostpsalm
Really Impressive Title
User Info.

December. Kickstarter albums generally take 9 months from funding to completion. Generally speaking. Thanks for your patience! If the album could be out now, it would be, but there's a lot that's out of our hands at the moment.
10:07 PM on 06/22/11
Ghostpsalm
Really Impressive Title
User Info.
Sons. I can deal with that because the music from the EP was amazing. I am a bit disappointed that they are taking so long to release an album. Especially when people contributed to the recording. That's the disadvantage with Kickstarter - if you don't get it out within a reasonable time it's not really fair on the fans that trusted you enough to donate.

Kinda the same as I told the guy above ya. Kickstarter albums take longer than average from funding to product. Thank you for your patience though. Since so much is out of our hands and taking too long with the full-length, we're working on another EP to release that you'll receive for free with your incentives before the full album comes out (which you'll still receive for free, of course). I hope this solution will satisfy you.
10:19 PM on 06/22/11
JamesBond
User Info.
which members from Chasing Victory are in this band?
11:14 PM on 06/22/11
lotusmilano
just follow your heart
User Info.
December. Kickstarter albums generally take 9 months from funding to completion. Generally speaking. Thanks for your patience! If the album could be out now, it would be, but there's a lot that's out of our hands at the moment.
I hope that didn't come off as a complainy as it sounds having read it again. I was just glad to have some sort of update. And having a little bit of inside experience in the music industry I understand completely how delays end up "out of your hands". Hope all is well and can't wait to hear the record!
11:24 PM on 06/22/11
MichaelShore
"Family Love Michael"
User Info.
Looking forward to hearing some new stuff.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests