Password
Tour Dates News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 21 of 21.
10:41 AM on 06/24/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Probably favorite local acts.

Also; never been to The Death Trap, should be interesting.

I was there for the first time to see Sharks and Mockingbird Wish Me Luck last week. It's not much, it's just a tiny room under the Fyxx on Albert with no stage. But the atmosphere it creates is awesome.
11:05 AM on 06/24/11
roughroads
Sometimes you gotta pee in the sink
User Info.
I was there for the first time to see Sharks and Mockingbird Wish Me Luck last week. It's not much, it's just a tiny room under the Fyxx on Albert with no stage. But the atmosphere it creates is awesome.
Tiny enough that I should be concerned about the show selling out ?
11:52 AM on 06/24/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Tiny enough that I should be concerned about the show selling out ?

Yeah, I'd definitely buy tickets in advance to be on the safe side. Did you see them at the Park back in April? I had to miss it because of school and I wonder how many people showed up. Honestly I'm a little surprised they're playing there because I figured Living With Lions had more fans in Winnipeg. But on the other hand, I saw them play the Cavern (which is basically the same sort of venue, except it has a stage) with Carpenter and Aspirations in November 2008 so maybe not much has changed. Only like 20 people showed up.

I don't know for sure either, but they might move it to a bigger venue if they sell out The Death Trap. Part of the problem is Winnipeg doesn't have a good all-ages venue for bands that size. The WECC is expensive to rent, I could see not wanting to commit unless they knew they could sell a certain number of tickets. Plus a lot of bands in their situation don't do well at the WECC anyway. The Flatliners booked that place out and it was depressingly empty. And the Park just isn't a good venue, plus I've heard stories about the owner ripping bands off. The Death Trap just opened a few months ago and it's already shaping up to be the best alternative it seems, even if it's tiny.
02:09 PM on 06/24/11
chutterhanban
Vinyl Connoisseur
User Info.
Bumping this in hopes for another answer:

i'm a new WA resident and, at the moment, don't have a passport or enhanced driver's license or anything. QUESTION: is there any chance i'll be able to get into canada by 7/9, considering it's 6/24 right now? if so, what's the fastest way to make things happen?
02:37 PM on 06/24/11
icynova
Love is easier made than kept!
User Info.
... With this was coming to West USA (like... Here for example.)
03:34 PM on 06/24/11
roughroads
Sometimes you gotta pee in the sink
User Info.
Yeah, I'd definitely buy tickets in advance to be on the safe side. Did you see them at the Park back in April? I had to miss it because of school and I wonder how many people showed up. Honestly I'm a little surprised they're playing there because I figured Living With Lions had more fans in Winnipeg. But on the other hand, I saw them play the Cavern (which is basically the same sort of venue, except it has a stage) with Carpenter and Aspirations in November 2008 so maybe not much has changed. Only like 20 people showed up.

I don't know for sure either, but they might move it to a bigger venue if they sell out The Death Trap. Part of the problem is Winnipeg doesn't have a good all-ages venue for bands that size. The WECC is expensive to rent, I could see not wanting to commit unless they knew they could sell a certain number of tickets. Plus a lot of bands in their situation don't do well at the WECC anyway. The Flatliners booked that place out and it was depressingly empty. And the Park just isn't a good venue, plus I've heard stories about the owner ripping bands off. The Death Trap just opened a few months ago and it's already shaping up to be the best alternative it seems, even if it's tiny.
There was a pretty good crowd at the April Park Theatre show, not to sure how many of the people were there for The Flatliners or how many for LWL though. Plus August Burns Red and Set Your Goals were playing the Garrick the same night, which probably took over some of the crowd (I only ended up going to LWL after I found out SYG dropped the date). I think they have a pretty decent Winnipeg fanbase though overall.

And thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure to get advanced! Could be kind of sweet seeing them in a fans only intimate venue. Should be a good show.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests