Password

Album Review
Beyoncé Knowles - 4 Album Cover

Beyoncé Knowles - 4

Reviewed by
Beyoncé Knowles - 4
Record Label: Columbia Records
Release Date: June 24, 2011
This review is a user submitted review from Ian Walker. You can see all of Ian Walker's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 164
02:11 AM on 06/30/11
Nardes
User Info.
I love B, but this just doesn't do much for me... theres a few good songs but it all just seems to blend together and songs get lost in each other. I do love Love on Top though.... its got a good throwback vibe!
02:18 AM on 06/30/11
NervousDestiny
no one just is...
User Info.
I kind of love this album. My favorite track is probably one of the bonus tracks though, 'Schoolin' Life' I can't get tired of it.
02:36 AM on 06/30/11
E=MCHAMMER
bottled
User Info.
Been a long time since I heard her second name. She's one of those people you don't need it for.
02:37 AM on 06/30/11
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Is giving shitty pop music awesome reviews the new fad at ap? Pitchfork has been doing it for a while by giving high scores to insanely dumb rap albums so you're not exactly being innovators.
02:39 AM on 06/30/11
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
Is giving shitty pop music awesome reviews the new fad at ap? Pitchfork has been doing it for a while by giving high scores to insanely dumb rap albums so you're not exactly being innovators.

why u mad tho
02:39 AM on 06/30/11
Ian Walker
wes craven with x cravings.
User Info.
I kind of love this album. My favorite track is probably one of the bonus tracks though, 'Schoolin' Life' I can't get tired of it.

That's one of my favorites too. So fun and catchy. I really like "1+1" and "I Miss You" too.

Damn, you caught me.
02:41 AM on 06/30/11
TravisSaidSo
User Info.
I just cannot stand her
Not sure why but she annoys me a lot
02:42 AM on 06/30/11
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not mad just amused, she has a good voice, so do a lot of top 40 acts. In the end it's the same mix of club bangers and cheesy quasi sentimental songs, I just don't think this album deserves the heaps of praise he gave to it.
02:54 AM on 06/30/11
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's a good review my initial comment may have been a bit harsh, guess it's just not my cup of tea.
02:56 AM on 06/30/11
Burn_Burn_Burn
Zeus to a Kronos
User Info.
If Ian wants to give the new Brokencyde 100%, let him..it's a freaking opinion for a reason.
02:57 AM on 06/30/11
Ian Walker
wes craven with x cravings.
User Info.
It's a good review my initial comment may have been a bit harsh, guess it's just not my cup of tea.

I was trying to edit my last comment on my iPhone but it got so screwed up I just deleted it. I appreciate you taking the time to read my review and offer your opinion.
03:00 AM on 06/30/11
FrankenSteiner
User Info.
Vocals a 10 so wait she learned to sing?
03:29 AM on 06/30/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.

Agreed, Beyoncé is a good enough singer (though nowhere near a 10 IMO) but there are so many releases within the punk/metal/hardcore/indie/emo realm that get ignored that reviewing this is just a waste of time. It's going to sell thousands of copies. Mainstream review outlets will give it a great score. There's no need to review it in what I once thought was a place to read up on bands/artists of a lesser known variety.
03:31 AM on 06/30/11
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
Not mad just amused, she has a good voice, so do a lot of top 40 acts. In the end it's the same mix of club bangers and cheesy quasi sentimental songs, I just don't think this album deserves the heaps of praise he gave to it.

I'm not much of a Beyonce fan myself, but this is a music site and pop music is still legitimate music that should be able to be reviewed as well. I'm a huge pop fan, and I enjoy that AP occasionally reviews pop music. To me, a lot of the bands covered on AP sound like a mix of the same, but it doesn't mean it shouldn't be reviewed just because I don't appreciate it. You are entitled to your opinion about not liking it as much as the reviewer does, but he still has a right to write it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos