Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 150.
08:16 PM on 07/05/11
pleasedontask
Butter On A Summer Day...
User Info.
did this leak or something? how did so many people in here hear it, haha.
08:43 PM on 07/05/11
sweetforever
User Info.
Good review, I need this album, and I need it now!
09:07 PM on 07/05/11
Until The Bombs
@_johnleary
User Info.
Couple thoughts:

1) No one can perceive music through a vacuum. I guess that's why "I view War Paint in a vacuum" is contradicted by the previous statement that "there are hints of The Starting Line and The Graduate."
2) I've read reviews that poorly describe an album's sound, but I've never read a review that told me less about the album's sound than this one.
3) If you don't have anything to say, don't say anything at all.

yeah, an 88?
I don't bitch about scores often, but this is honestly at least a 93.
Especially since you reviewed RFTS and gave it a 95 and in this review you say that War Paint is better than RFTS....I must be lost.

4) Have you heard the album?
5) How does an 88 warrant any bitching? That's a great score.
09:10 PM on 07/05/11
jaredohgren
I'm just an artist on a shelf.
User Info.
Couple thoughts:

1) No one can perceive music through a vacuum. I guess that's why "I view War Paint in a vacuum" is contradicted by the previous statement that "there are hints of The Starting Line and The Graduate."
2) I've read reviews that poorly describe an album's sound, but I've never read a review that told me less about the album's sound than this one.
3) If you don't have anything to say, don't say anything at all.

4) Have you heard the album?
5) How does an 88 warrant any bitching? That's a great score.
Yeah, I have the album. I'm not saying an 88 is a bad score, it's just contradicting that Blake said in this review that War Paint is better than RFTS and gave War Paint an 88% and RFTS a 95%.

War Paint is at least a 93%.
09:16 PM on 07/05/11
jaredohgren
I'm just an artist on a shelf.
User Info.
did this leak or something? how did so many people in here hear it, haha.
It's not too hard to get an album early and if you ask the band to hear a few tracks at a show, they'll probably let you.
09:19 PM on 07/05/11
Until The Bombs
@_johnleary
User Info.
Yeah, I have the album. I'm not saying an 88 is a bad score, it's just contradicting that Blake said in this review that War Paint is better than RFTS and gave War Paint an 88% and RFTS a 95%.

War Paint is at least a 93%.
Fair enough. At least you've got some footing to stand on with scores if that would have been your point.

If your issue is simply with the scores as a comparison, the fact that people's opinions are not static is sufficient enough of a potential explanation.
09:32 PM on 07/05/11
f00te
Tell it like a comeback story
User Info.
yes yes yes
09:54 PM on 07/05/11
TSLROCKS
Knicks 2016 World Champions!
User Info.
I WANT THIS NOW!

x
10:08 PM on 07/05/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I can't believe people are complaining that this review is all over the place. This is the best writer on this website. Wish I could get stuff from my head to my computer like this.

The record is good - some songs are better than others and overall I think I like Reach For The Sun more - but this is a very powerful listen. Some of the parts on the album really stand out while others bleed together in my opinion.

I can't remember the last time I had so much fun reading something. Good stuff, Blakey poo.
10:10 PM on 07/05/11
NicolasD
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I just listened to the album, this album deserves more than an 88, Work In Progress may have seem different to some, but the album as a whole it's just plain beautiful, War Paint is one of the best openers I've heard in years, amazing album, the only thing in which in doesn't top Reach For The Sun it's on the hooks, not as catchy, but everything's better, vocals, music, and emotion.
Just amazing.
10:12 PM on 07/05/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
The discussion about the scores on reviews are getting ridiculous. In the past few months it comes up in every review without fail. No matter what anybody rates any record, it seems like everyone gets mad about it.
10:19 PM on 07/05/11
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Awesome review. I want this album already. So bad.
10:49 PM on 07/05/11
anamericangod
User Info.
Vocals and lyrics are damn near 10's in my opinion, so I agree with the scores they were given.

If this album hits you, it will have some serious lasting value. If not, maybe not so much.

Great review, fantastic record.
12:06 AM on 07/06/11
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You are the best reviewer on this site for a reason, you could have given an overly hyperbolic review/ score but you reviewed it for what it is. I love TDS but it's nice to see a reviewer honestly review an album without giving it a ridiculously high score.
12:32 AM on 07/06/11
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
nice
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives