Username
Password
The Dropkick Murphys News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Dropkick Murphys
Inside AP.net

Dropkick Murphy's Shamrock-N-Roll Festival

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (07/15/11)
Details and tour dates for Dropkick Murphys's Shamrock-N-Roll Festival with Street Dogs, Chuck Ragan and more can be found in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
10:57 AM on 07/15/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Tour DatesDropkick Murphys have announced the first annual Shamrock-N-Roll Festival. The touring festival will feature Dropkick Murphys, Street Dogs, Chuck Ragan, The Mahones, The Parkington Sisters and local bands, as well as additional yet-to-be-announced national acts performing on two alternating stages. A boxing demonstration and signing with special guest, renowned boxer “Irish” Micky Ward (The Fighter), will also be featured at the family friendly, all-ages festival.

The Dropkick Murphys Shamrock-N-Roll Festival will kick off with the September 8 and 9 sold-out hometown shows at Boston’s Fenway Park and will visit Bangor, ME; Altamont, NY; Pittsburgh, PA; Columbus, OH; Portsmouth, VA; Rochester, NY and Philadelphia, PA. Dropkick Murphys Shamrock-N-Roll Festival will feature a main stage and acoustic stage, along with kid-friendly activities. The full lineup will be announced soon.

Tickets for most shows go on sale this Friday or Saturday. For the previously announced Fenway Park shows, 18,000 tickets sold out in just 45 minutes. Go to www.DropkickMurphys.com to purchase tickets and for full details about Dropkick Murphys Shamrock-N-Roll Festival. $1 from every ticket sold will benefit the band’s charity, The Claddagh Fund (www.claddaghfund.org). In addition, $1 from every ticket sold for the September 11 show in Altamont will be donated to 9/11 charities.

Dropkick Murphys’ founder/bassist/vocalist Ken Casey explains why the band decided to create their own festival: “We wanted to put a different spin on the idea of an Irish music festival--instead of focusing on the Old World folk tradition, we’re showcasing the ways that tradition has woven itself into newer music--while still maintaining a family-friendly environment and Irish cultural perspective. Our fans cross so many generations, and not all of them want to see a Dropkick Murphys show in a punk rock venue. The Shamrock-N-Roll Festival will give more fans an opportunity to experience our live show, and to hear the unique ways that the other bands on the festival bring that Irish influence into their modern music.”

Tour DatesThursday, September 8 Boston, MA Fenway Park
Friday, September 9 Boston, MA Fenway Park
Saturday, September 10 Bangor, ME Bangor Waterfront
Sunday, September 11 Altamont, NY Altamont Fairgrounds
Monday, September 12 Pittsburgh, PA Trib Total Media Amphitheatre
Tuesday, September 13 Columbus, OH LC Pavilion
Thursday, September 15 Portsmouth, VA nTelos Wireless Pavilion
Saturday, September 17 Rochester, NY Main Street Armory
Sunday, September 18 Philadelphia, PA Electric Factory Lot
11:11 AM on 07/15/11
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
User Info.
good. good.
11:16 AM on 07/15/11
Chuck!
Lost Forever // Lost Together
User Info.
will be at the Philly date
11:28 AM on 07/15/11
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Really rad line-up! Worth noting that the Mighty Mighty Bosstones are opening the two Boston dates, but no other openers have been officially announced for that date.
11:45 AM on 07/15/11
Posthardcore
User Info.
dammit. No Indy
04:49 PM on 07/15/11
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Albany date i wanna hit up. Or for the past 5 years i've talked about going to Boston on St. Pattys day to see them at the HOB.
10:42 PM on 07/15/11
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Really rad line-up! Worth noting that the Mighty Mighty Bosstones are opening the two Boston dates, but no other openers have been officially announced for that date.
really? man, that should be a total blast. whole lot of alcohol poisoning, maybe I'll make the trip up.
10:45 PM on 07/15/11
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
really? man, that should be a total blast. whole lot of alcohol poisoning, maybe I'll make the trip up.
Those two dates are already sold out.
11:05 PM on 07/15/11
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Those two dates are already sold out.
haha alright, nevermind then i guess.
07:19 AM on 07/17/11
nsgob22
User Info.
When did they get so huge?
Options