AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Article - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 94.
11:00 AM on 07/29/11
drtomoe123
User Info.
"Cemetry Gates" is probably my favorite Smiths song. Such an amazing album.
11:04 AM on 07/29/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Cool, I'll get on that. Good looking out.

You got it.
11:08 AM on 07/29/11
FeynmanWannabe
Take Ecstasy With Me
User Info.
Nah. I take credit for the better one...

Just kidding. You know that's my favorite album.
11:10 AM on 07/29/11
Jeremy Aaron
User Info.
Good looking out on Zen Arcade. Although being from Minneapolis, I would have to say I would rather see a Replacements disc - either Let It Be or Tim. Tim has been in heavy, heavy rotation for me this summer. Anyone between the ages of 18-26 need to listen to The Replacements. And this nothing against the god among men Bob Mold, although I personally like Sugar more than Husker Du.
I think there's definitely a spot for Let It Be next time. It's definitely, as you state, fitting coming of age stuff. There's the contemplative stuff like "Sixteen Blue" and "Unsatisfied", reflective of someone trying to make sense of the world and life, and then there's base humor like "Gary's Got a Boner". As kids (or, who am I kidding, even now as an old bastard) we go through bouts of discontent and disillusionment, but we're also kind of carefree and wild and crazy. While most bands capture one or the other quite well, few transcend all of it quite like The Replacements.
11:10 AM on 07/29/11
Lueda Alia
User Info.

Just kidding. You know that's my favorite album.
I was actually in tears as I wrote it, because I had the album on repeat for a good 3 hours or so and it really got to me.

I always associate him with you now because of our first real conversation years ago! Feel special.

11:25 AM on 07/29/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I think there's definitely a spot for Let It Be next time. It's definitely, as you state, fitting coming of age stuff. There's the contemplative stuff like "Sixteen Blue" and "Unsatisfied", reflective of someone trying to make sense of the world and life, and then there's base humor like "Gary's Got a Boner". As kids (or, who am I kidding, even now as an old bastard) we go through bouts of discontent and disillusionment, but we're also kind of carefree and wild and crazy. While most bands capture one or the other quite well, few transcend all of it quite like The Replacements.

Jeremy, as always, your words are eloquent and spot-on. I couldn't have said it better myself. The Replacements are legends, but I still believe they are underappreciated and somewhat unknown legends with anyone under the age of 26. I think this generation and people on this site would really appreciate and connect with their words and emotion. They are such a relatable band. Just average guys making music for average people. They are the every man's band...one that also happens to fucking rock.
11:35 AM on 07/29/11
wormofthesenses
no destiny as seen on tv
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
nice choice with Demure. I've been RIYL'n that album on here for a while. I consider "Under the Pretense of Present Tense" to be their best album but I can understand why they went with Demure. You can hear that record in a lot of new bands, maybe not intentionally but it's there. Good to see a little VA love on here.
12:14 PM on 07/29/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
I have a handful of these Refused, Illmatic, and Nevermind are solid choices.
12:16 PM on 07/29/11
mymusicismylife
Disgruntled wheat thins enthusiast
User Info.
Some great stuff, Pixies, Refused, Husked Du, Smiths, mwY, Nas.
12:29 PM on 07/29/11
S7ranburgLar
We're not for them(and that's cool)
User Info.
I'm pleased to see Interpol's debut on here. Also Illmatic is probably my favourite hip hop album, so that was a good addition.

Surprised but, again, pleased to see MGB on here as well.
I'm up in the air about Refused's famous last release, some songs I totally understand the love for the album, then sometimes I find myself when the classic parts begin in other songs...
12:33 PM on 07/29/11
COREhorizon
Get Free
User Info.
Solid. Need to get some Belle and Sebastian up in here though.
12:33 PM on 07/29/11
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Good looking out on Zen Arcade. Although being from Minneapolis, I would have to say I would rather see a Replacements disc - either Let It Be or Tim. Tim has been in heavy, heavy rotation for me this summer. Anyone between the ages of 18-26 need to listen to The Replacements. And this nothing against the god among men Bob Mold, although I personally like Sugar more than Husker Du.
i prefer Tim to Let It Be, they both should be included tho. i'd put a vote in for Pleased To Meet Me as well but some might argue that. i also prefer Sugar to Husker Du, not by too much, but again, no reason both can't be included in time.
12:34 PM on 07/29/11
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
yep
12:36 PM on 07/29/11
3GunGaz
Claret and Blue
User Info.
The Smiths, Nas, Husker Du and Refused = Good choices
12:48 PM on 07/29/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.

Mmm yes. If You're Feeling Sinister
Options

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests