AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Wonder Years News - Page 36
Displaying posts 525 - 539 of 539.
10:09 AM on 08/04/11
eriatarka24
User Info.
you're the one who believes in a god when there's no evidence that he even exists

why do you give a fuck? go away
11:09 AM on 08/04/11
LetterBomb31
Impossible Soul
User Info.
why do you give a fuck? go away
You're responding to a post that I made two days ago. If you want me to go away that much, you could have just ignored it.

edit: oh, and you implied that I'm "retarded"
03:03 PM on 08/04/11
eriatarka24
User Info.
You're responding to a post that I made two days ago. If you want me to go away that much, you could have just ignored it.

edit: oh, and you implied that I'm "retarded"
you kept going on about it, and i didn't look at the date of your post.

not to act childish, but you implied i'm retarded first, so it's not like you should mind if others call you that either.
03:09 PM on 08/04/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Religious people pretty much just put their fingers in their ears and go "lalalalala" and ignore all of the evidence that contradicts their beliefs.
You must be talking about people that think the earth was made 6,000 years ago and that everything in religious texts is literal. It'd be hard to contradict beliefs like being a good person, not killing anyone, love one another, etc. with facts.

Sorry for bringing up an old discussion, but saw this and it bugged me a little bit.
03:12 PM on 08/04/11
LetterBomb31
Impossible Soul
User Info.
You must be talking about people that think the earth was made 6,000 years ago and that everything in religious texts is literal. It'd be hard to contradict beliefs like being a good person, not killing anyone, love one another, etc. with facts.

Sorry for bringing up an old discussion, but saw this and it bugged me a little bit.
Why would you need to be religious to have those beliefs?
03:14 PM on 08/04/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Why would you need to be religious to have those beliefs?
You don't have to be, but they are large parts of a lot religious beliefs.
08:27 AM on 08/06/11
cereal4life
User Info.
Rejecting Christianity and the Bible because the original language doesn't use commas is absurd. Linguists and translators use sound principles of interpretation by comparing the original with other texts of the same language in order to come to a full understanding of the work they're translating.

Aside from whether one actually agrees or disagrees with the Bible, if you're skeptical of the Bible's translation and don't trust it because the original language isn't English and doesn't have the same grammar or syntax, you couldn't ever trust any historical text that isn't written in English.
12:01 PM on 08/06/11
dogsizedbirdIII
ap.net legend est. 2008
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
he didn't right the sentence dumbass. it's from an interview...a speaking interview.
write* GET IT RIGHT!
03:37 PM on 08/06/11
NickDeA
User Info.
i hate reading about musicians political/religious views. Cant they just make awesome music, then shut the fuck up?
03:53 PM on 08/06/11
Emarosa12
SpokenTruth
User Info.
i hate reading about musicians political/religious views. Cant they just make awesome music, then shut the fuck up?
Wtf is this.
11:26 PM on 08/07/11
cbaxter182
User Info.
I share the same views as soupy. And before you bitch about the songs meaning, have you heard the song to begin with? He doesn't dog religeon although I can see why some people would think he is. It's about the fakeness that comes with religeon and the bullshit which isn't always believable.
06:19 AM on 08/08/11
Tele72
User Info.
I don't even listen to this band but i've never heard of anyone losing fans for not being religious. Come on people, this is a secular band! It's not like August Burns Red or Switchfoot wrote a song that was against Christianity.
02:37 PM on 08/14/11
cymbalism15
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm a strong Christian but I support his argument because he made it well and logically and he definitely brought up some points for consideration
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums