Username
Password
Anberlin News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Anberlin
Inside AP.net

Introducing Sins

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (08/01/11)
Joey Milligan of Anberlin has a new side project - Sins. You can listen to two new songs on his facebook.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 40
12:48 PM on 08/01/11
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
User Info.
This sounds awesome. No disrespect meant to Christian McAlhaney, but Anberlin needs to reassign songwriting duties to Joey once again.
12:50 PM on 08/01/11
fanberlinboy
Having trouble inside my skin...
User Info.
First song is interesting... Second song sounds like Anberlin plus The Gaslight Anthem. I like that one much better.

EDIT: And I definitely agree with the dude above me.
12:57 PM on 08/01/11
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This sounds awesome. No disrespect meant to Christian McAlhaney, but Anberlin needs to reassign songwriting duties to Joey once again.
This. The albums w/ Christian (who I do respect as a guitar player and songwriter) just aren't as good as the old stuff.

Definitely digging the second track, and the guitar work in the first.

Also, two Anberlin side projects in two months? A bit odd.
01:03 PM on 08/01/11
uglystar03
User Info.
Absolutely this. I thought Christian would be a great addition to the band, but I'm a little disappointed by their efforts since he joined.
01:03 PM on 08/01/11
Gin
What'd those animals say to ya?
User Info.
Sounds pretty cool, I'll follow that.

Surprising statements so far in the comments here. Seemed like everybody absolutely loved Anberlins last album, except me.

edit: the second song is awesome!!!
01:19 PM on 08/01/11
MattRM
User Info.
Surprising statements so far in the comments here. Seemed like everybody absolutely loved Anberlins last album, except me.
Their last album was miles beyond New Surrender, and it had some good songs (Art of War is one of the best songs they've ever written and Impossible was a great single) but everything they've written since Cities is just missing something. And that something is an awful lot like the edge that I'm hearing in these two songs.
01:27 PM on 08/01/11
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Their last album was miles beyond New Surrender, and it had some good songs (Art of War is one of the best songs they've ever written and Impossible was a great single) but everything they've written since Cities is just missing something. And that something is an awful lot like the edge that I'm hearing in these two songs.
Agreed.

I hate to to discredit Christian, but it seems like Joey's albums had a lot more edge, just like you said.

Love Christian's work in Acceptance. I just miss that extra something that made Cities so brilliant.
01:36 PM on 08/01/11
cholly
User Info.
Also, two Anberlin side projects in two months? A bit odd.

I'll take it. They're talented dudes.
01:40 PM on 08/01/11
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'll take it. They're talented dudes.
I just wonder if it means anything.
Might just be the journalist in me looking for a story.
01:44 PM on 08/01/11
MattRM
User Info.
I just wonder if it means anything.
Might just be the journalist in me looking for a story.
Stephen hasn't done much work on Anchor & Braille lately, but he's mentioned wanting to make another album. Maybe the other guys wanted to keep busy with making their own music while Stephen starts working on new A&B.
01:52 PM on 08/01/11
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Stephen hasn't done much work on Anchor & Braille lately, but he's mentioned wanting to make another album. Maybe the other guys wanted to keep busy with making their own music while Stephen starts working on new A&B.
I suppose that as long as these guys have been together, it's natural to want a new creative outlet, and in by no means reflects any turmoil.

Excited to hear Joe's record.
02:24 PM on 08/01/11
peepeehat
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this is AWESOME
02:40 PM on 08/01/11
Alexx Miller
Dominic Decoco
User Info.
Damn this sounds great.
02:42 PM on 08/01/11
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
Sounds pretty cool, I'll follow that.

edit: the second song is awesome!!!
I didn't like it, nor did I like New Surrender. It just didn't have the emotional power or musical quality that I'd come to expect.

Really liking what I hear. Isn't Anberlin's drummer in that Underoath/Marksmen sideproject too?
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums