AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Sum41 News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

New Sum 41 Doc

Posted by - 07:08 PM on 08/03/11
Sum 41's documentary, Don't Try This At Home, is now available on the band's website for free if you sign up for their mailing list.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 35
07:15 PM on 08/03/11
chelsealouanne
Registered Member
User Info.
I liked the documentary. I like how real it is. I just wish it showed more of Deryck recording vocals than just where he recorded them. There was a lot of work put into the album but at the same time there was also a sense of fun which helped the environment for the band to make the recording process a bit easier, as Deryck mentioned, they did what they wanted, when they wanted. I really enjoyed watching it. There were some great highlights in it aswell, such as Deryck throwing himself through a door. Such a great band. If someone were to ask me why I love this band so much, I'd show them this documentary.
07:41 PM on 08/03/11
emerson1892
COWABUNGA
User Info.
This is like a too long episode of Entourage. All it's about is how much they drank, broke shit, and fucked chicks. I wish I could get the 20 minutes of my life I just wasted back...............
07:56 PM on 08/03/11
chelsealouanne
Registered Member
User Info.
This is like a too long episode of Entourage. All it's about is how much they drank, broke shit, and fucked chicks. I wish I could get the 20 minutes of my life I just wasted back...............

This was the making of their newest album Screaming Bloody Murder, they gave us just that. A lot of it was drinking because Deryck partied everynight once the rest of the band left since their part with the album was done. Deryck didn't want to be alone in this house they recorded in so he was in the studio all day, then at night he partied and had friends over. Don't see anything wrong with that? If you watch their studio updates, this is how they normally are. They drink and break things. That's Sum 41 for ya. There could of been more footage of the recording process included, I'll admit that, but most of it was what was shown. It's real and comepletly accurate.
08:11 PM on 08/03/11
mistyz
User Info.
alright... 45 minutes of guys drinking.
08:20 PM on 08/03/11
mws1031
User Info.
still too much.
08:31 PM on 08/03/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.

Pretty much how I felt, even though they've been documenting this stuff since the Introduction to Destruction DVD. I guess I just hoping for something with more substance. This documentary could have been so much more and that scene where he breaks the door and brags about banging the two girls was pretty unnecessary. I'm sure no one cares what I think of him, but there's nothing cool about that, especially when you're a 30 year old man.
08:32 PM on 08/03/11
harveyn590
User Info.
I liked the documentary. I like how real it is. I just wish it showed more of Deryck recording vocals than just where he recorded them. There was a lot of work put into the album but at the same time there was also a sense of fun which helped the environment for the band to make the recording process a bit easier, as Deryck mentioned, they did what they wanted, when they wanted. I really enjoyed watching it. There were some great highlights in it aswell, such as Deryck throwing himself through a door. Such a great band. If someone were to ask me why I love this band so much, I'd show them this documentary.
ya i havent listened to this band in a while, pretty cool

Although they must have spend sooooo much money on this record its insane
08:35 PM on 08/03/11
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
lol so much hatred over free entertainment.
08:54 PM on 08/03/11
UnderclasHero
So long live us
User Info.
Derycks making it out like he's a genius with writing songs lol. He was, back in 2001 but apparently he lost it. Anyone can write bad songs. Thats what happens when you dont get a producer.
08:57 PM on 08/03/11
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
User Info.
time for you to go and baby you don't wanna know are easily the two worst tracks on the record, so it doesn't surprise me they were done in 15 mins
09:04 PM on 08/03/11
kidinthebushes
User Info.
lol so much hatred over free entertainment.
Haha. I was going to ask if this was worth checking out, then I remembered it was free and I should just shut up.
09:06 PM on 08/03/11
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
Haha. I was going to ask if this was worth checking out, then I remembered it was free and I should just shut up.
If you like watching a guy adjusting poorly to a divorce, then it's a good watch.
09:12 PM on 08/03/11
marcustroy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
When did Deryck get so pretentious and high and mighty about his song writing? I use to love Sum 41, lately, they've disappointed.
09:27 PM on 08/03/11
chelsealouanne
Registered Member
User Info.
ya i havent listened to this band in a while, pretty cool

Although they must have spend sooooo much money on this record its insane

Maybe you should, especially now that the new albums out! They're better than ever, imo.
That they did! The band had to pay even out of their own pockets for 2 songs because the label said the album was done but to the band, it clearly wasn't. They've put a lot of effort into this album, that's forsure!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos