Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 10 posts.
12:28 PM on 08/10/11
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
why is Danger Days so awful and why does it make up about 80% of your honda civic tour set?
I can answer that. It isn't and because that's the album they're touring to promote/that's the new shit they want to play.

My question is, any chance of getting a Bullets tour for it's 10th anniversary?
12:29 PM on 08/10/11
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
What happen to the straight up rock and roll punk record that was scrapped? It seems like all the fans were behind that concept, but then you released another bloated and layered record? it seems over kill.
I wouldn't say all the fans, I didn't want that. It seemed like it was going to be really boring, luckily they agreed with me. I would like to hear it though.
12:48 PM on 08/10/11
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I have two questions:

What is the band planning for their 10th anniversary? Special shows, re-release, etc.

What is going on with their setlists lately? I guess that's kind of abrupt, but they've been playing really strange setlists on the HCT. Very short setlists for a co-headliner, very few songs off the most recent record (and all of them album cuts, both Na Na Na, Sing, and Bulletproof Heart have all been dropped). And they are ignoring several tracks off the album, when in the past they always have played the entirety of their albums during at least one of their major tours on the album.

The 2nd question I guess could be rephrased as "When will you play 'Save Yourself, I'll Hold Them Back'?"
They dropped Na Na Na? The short setlist isn't really their fault if that's what they've been given and a good percentage of what they've been playing is from the new album. I think there's only two songs on the album they haven't played yet but I'm guessing they will at some point.

Edit: Just looked at the setlists and that is strange. I guess they're just making sure they change the songs up a bit.
01:14 PM on 08/10/11
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I was just frustrated that this was advertised as a co-headlining tour and they're only playing 11-12 songs. I know it's still early in the tour and things could change, but they're just playing really strange setlists. Almost all of the cities on the HCT they visited in the spring already, so it would be nice for them to play different songs.

The only 3 songs from Danger Days they played last night were Planetary, Destroya, and Kids from Yesterday. No Na Na Na, no Sing, no Bulletproof Heart, no Only Hope...it's just weird.

Save Yourself was played twice in Japan but none since then, and no videos surfaced on Youtube whatsoever. Scarecrow hasn't been played at all yet.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing but I'd guess most of the people going will be for Blink. I can't complain about them dropping SING though, I was scared that thing would become permanent, it'll probably be back but still.
01:18 PM on 08/10/11
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Why did a band that used to be about saving kids' lives deliver an awful synth-pop record? Why are they more inclined to be a theatrical troupe, complete with overdone music videos and silly costumes and unnecessary plotlines, instead of the great rock band they used to be?
They've always been a theatrical band with huge videos and silly costumes and their music has always told stories. It seems a lot of the people complaining about the new My Chem stuff didn't really understand them as a band in the first place.
01:38 PM on 08/10/11
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Anyone that refers to the album as a "synth-pop" album clearly has not listened to the album and merely goes by what reviews and critics say.

Danger Days is anything but a "synth-pop" album. The guitar and drum work on this album is phenomenal and far outnumbers the musicianship on any of their previous records. Yes, there is synth. But I find it impossible that anyone could listen to this record and still have the word "synth" on their minds.
Yep. I think the only song on there that comes close to being synth-pop is Only Hope. I was fully expecting after some of the things said about it for it to be like a synth-pop version of Revenge for some reason which I still think would be crazy awesome.

Also, some of these questions are awful.
02:43 PM on 08/10/11
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
There's always the problem of obsessive fans everytime the bands puts out a new album. Recently, though, on promoting 'Danger Days', I've heard accounts of fans, particuarly younger, newer ones, letting the celebrity status of the band get to their heads and try some sickening and sometimes scary attempts to get on a personal level with the band members. It's really sad to hear about- does the band still take their fans seriously? And if not, how can we better ourselves so that My Chemcial Romance will actually want to come out and meet fans after shows, and not have a awful experience with them along the way?
Like what?
I've heard that disenchanted is one of your favorite songs from the band and you had to do a lot of persuading to get it on the album, is that true?
It's one of their least favourites to play live and I don't see why they'd need to do persuading to get it on the album.
and also why was The Black Parade so awesome, but Danger days turned out not so great?
Because they like doing different things, not every one's going to like everything they do and you happen to be one of the people that don't like DD.
02:54 PM on 08/10/11
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
In the Life on the Murder Scene DVD, you guys mention being heavily inspired by Morrissey. Have you ever had any thoughts to cover one of his songs or The Smiths? or The Cure for that matter?

With Danger Days being a concept album, would you consider making any another concept album? The whole theme has been really cool.

and they don't consider Danger Days a concept album.
03:48 PM on 08/10/11
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUVZcLE20Eg

This isn't synth pop? Compared to the band that pumped out stuff like Venom, this is a disaster.
That's a fucking dance track. and it's awesome.
06:58 PM on 08/10/11
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.

fuck yeah.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives