AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Streaming News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Male Bonding Album Stream

Posted by - 02:18 PM on 08/22/11
Head over to Punknews to stream the new album from Male Bonding. Endless Now is released on August 30.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
02:36 PM on 08/22/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Been crushing this all day....

It's so fucking good. So. Fucking. Good.
02:38 PM on 08/22/11
COREhorizon
Get Free
User Info.
Interesting place for streaming...but I'm liking what I've heard so far.
05:07 PM on 08/22/11
birdman
Don't hold your breath
User Info.
Love this band
05:32 PM on 08/22/11
mymusicismylife
Disgruntled wheat thins enthusiast
User Info.
Excellent.
05:51 PM on 08/22/11
Jay Sean Fenris
User Info.
The band name makes me laugh. I don't even know why.

Seems interesting enough. I wished the production was a bit better. Haven't really found anything that really stands out...
07:33 PM on 08/22/11
PenThrive
COFFEE & TATTOOS
User Info.
I was in the process of listening to this earlier when I saw the article on another site, but got distracted. Going to give it a better listen now! From what I heard, it sounds like a possible grower on me. This may seem off to others, but I get a Silverchair vibe from this album.
08:22 PM on 08/22/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
This album is official.
08:45 PM on 08/22/11
Co and Ca
What are you doing here?
User Info.
awesome. awesome to the max.
06:14 AM on 08/23/11
Wutz
Don't Worry, I'm A Pilot
User Info.
So far so good.

Four songs in and it's making my morning much less terrible. Sounds good to me.

I'm typically not fond of music that sounds like you're looking into the sun through a camera on a hot summer/early fall day, but this has a little bit of a not-quite-so-spazzy-and-sugar-high Superchunk.

I think I'll be investigating these guys a bit more.
06:52 AM on 08/23/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
So far so good.

Four songs in and it's making my morning much less terrible. Sounds good to me.

I'm typically not fond of music that sounds like you're looking into the sun through a camera on a hot summer/early fall day, but this has a little bit of a not-quite-so-spazzy-and-sugar-high Superchunk.

I think I'll be investigating these guys a bit more.

If you don't enjoy lo-fi you may as well run away now, but their debut album Nothing Hurts is amazing.
07:13 AM on 08/23/11
Wutz
Don't Worry, I'm A Pilot
User Info.
If you don't enjoy lo-fi you may as well run away now, but their debut album Nothing Hurts is amazing.
You know, so far the lo-fi quality isn't bothering me too much.

I can't help but feel like I'd love to hear it with good production. As I'm listening, I'm trying to imagine the hi-fi sounds in my head and I think it would sound great.

A couple really notable quality about the lo-fi sound, though: it stands out as "different" (in comparison to what I typically listen to) and it instantly establishes a mood.

As a "buy our record" single trying to be ear-candy, it might have really benefitted from a more pristine sound. I can't help but think the feel (and my overall impression) of the record is benefitting from the lo-fi action.

After a break for a company meeting, I'm on the ninth song ("The Saddle") and it's still pretty good. Providing I don't completely forget about it before it comes out, I'll be buying this record.
07:23 AM on 08/23/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
You know, so far the lo-fi quality isn't bothering me too much.

I can't help but feel like I'd love to hear it with good production. As I'm listening, I'm trying to imagine the hi-fi sounds in my head and I think it would sound great.

A couple really notable quality about the lo-fi sound, though: it stands out as "different" (in comparison to what I typically listen to) and it instantly establishes a mood.

As a "buy our record" single trying to be ear-candy, it might have really benefitted from a more pristine sound. I can't help but think the feel (and my overall impression) of the record is benefitting from the lo-fi action.

After a break for a company meeting, I'm on the ninth song ("The Saddle") and it's still pretty good. Providing I don't completely forget about it before it comes out, I'll be buying this record.

Some bands sound better in lo-fi. And actually they stepped up the "quality" on this record in comparision to the first record - on most of the first one you can't make out what he's ever saying.

It comes out a week from today.
07:32 AM on 08/23/11
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
User Info.
huh, never heard of these guys. but i like what i hear so far although the lo-fi thing is not my favourite.
08:12 AM on 08/23/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
huh, never heard of these guys. but i like what i hear so far although the lo-fi thing is not my favourite.

"What's the scene?" is very Replacements. These guys are great.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos