AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
A Shattered Hope - See You At The Grammys Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8.5
Musicianship 8.5
Lyrics 8.5
Production 8.5
Creativity 8.5
Lasting Value 8.5
Reviewer Tilt 8.5
Final Verdict: 85%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

A Shattered Hope - See You At The Grammys

Reviewed by: Corey Hoffy (08/29/11)
A Shattered Hope - See You At The Grammys
Record Label: A Lullaby Factory Records
Release Date: September 6, 2011

Drummers who also sing have always come off as kind of annoying to me, mostly because none of them are me. Sure, Iíve often found myself out in my garage, banging away on my drums and attempting to sing anyways, because Iím a glutton for punishment. The point is: drummer/singers usually pull it off, and pull it off well (old Underoath for example). This is especially true of A Shattered Hope, the four-piece hardcore band that recently signed to A Static Lullabyís very own A Lullaby Factory Records. This fits, as A Shattered Hope is merely the hardcore version of A Static Lullaby, usually maintaining a heavy-as-shit approach to songwriting, and avoiding (thank the gods) any sort of electronics. Letís just say that if your favorite song ever made is ďShut Your MouthĒ by Attack Attack!, you can just go ahead and skip this one.

A Shattered Hopeís debut EP, humorously titled See You At The Grammys, is a nineteen-minute punch in the face, and I wouldnít have it any other way. ďA Manís LossĒ starts things off with a resounding bang, as Scott Szikla melts faces with some truly insane riffs, as Tyler Ferguson really sells the high screams. They fit extremely well with Nate Hessís mid-range clean vocals, whose drumming never suffers from his singing. ďNot a Damn ThingĒ, the magnificent Every Time I Die-esque heavy-hitter, benefits from a catchy chorus and an extremely powerful vocal performance from Ferguson. Heís simply staggering here.

The end result is an EP thatís straight to business, which is always a good thing. Breakdowns, powerful vocals, pure mayhem Ė itís all here, and more. This is simply an EP designed to have some fun (and to cause injuries in the infamous mosh pits all across the nation) and you know what? Every single minute of it just works. Itís not a journey that ends with a life-changing, satisfying climax like say, a Thrice album, but rather a roller coaster ride. It goes fast, leaves your blood pumping, and when youíre done, you canít wait to ride again.

Recommended If You LikeA Static Lullaby, Elevate: I Am, Every Time I Die

Solid TracksNot a Damn Thing, A Man's Loss

Official Facebook

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
11:20 AM on 08/31/11
kpas27
Assuming We Survive
User Info.
These guys rock!! I have had the pleasure to rock with them and they are bad ass! I def. recommend these guys if you are into straight up punch you in the face rock/hardcore! Can't wait for this release!
12:37 PM on 08/31/11
SourStuff
Five Body Blade Vocalist
User Info.
I've seen these guys many times and have met them. Very proud of these gentlemen and proud to see this release get a positive buzz.
07:12 PM on 08/31/11
inthiscrowdedrm
Live Free.Die Free.
User Info.
these are my BOYS! I'm proud to see how far they have come! be sure to pick up this album or at least check it out!

<3
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums