Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts
04:04 AM on 11/24/11
Hamlet
Prince of Denmark
User Info.
Yeah these tryhard club bangers are so ridiculously out of place. Other than that, I dig the power pop guitar side of her in songs like "Remember December" and "Don't Forget" and hoping I hear more of it (currently listening on YouTube)...
07:40 PM on 11/28/11
Hamlet
Prince of Denmark
User Info.
So yeah, after a few spins, there is ZERO rock in this album, which I find disappointing especially after her surprisingly good last album. Apart from the first three tracks, it's mostly straightforward pop with slight dance-pop and RnB influences. Venturing into this new territory it's more of a hit-and-miss affair.

I actually like the first two tracks as pop songs, they just don't fit Demi. The song with Iyaz is just embarrassing, and the Jason Derulo one is just boring and a wasted opportunity.

Hands down the centerpiece of this album is Skyscraper, where Demi's vocal is just incredible. It was actually recorded before Demi went to rehab and she was still in the midst of all her turmoil, and it definitely shows. She tried to re-record it after rehab but couldn't recapture the same emotion, so decided to go with the first vocal.

Other highlights for me are Fix a Heart, and Give Your Heart a Break, and For the Love of a Daughter. Without the soaring pop rock hooks to showcase her range, most of her vocal chops are shown off in the ballads instead.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos