Username
Password

Album Review
New Found Glory - Radiosurgery Album Cover

New Found Glory - Radiosurgery

Reviewed by
New Found Glory - Radiosurgery
Record Label: Epitaph
This review was written by an AP.net staff member.
Release Date: October 4, 2011

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 218
10:32 PM on 09/27/11
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
Ehhh I haven't been too impressed with the songs I've heard off of this one so far.
10:33 PM on 09/27/11
youngz
User Info.
Really dig this album, sounds just like old NFG.
10:33 PM on 09/27/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Ehhh I haven't been too impressed with the songs I've heard off of this one so far.
How are they different from any other New Found Glory songs? The title track is the only one that falls noticeably short to me.
10:38 PM on 09/27/11
dmryan33
dmryan33
User Info.
Like this a lot. Memories and Battle Scars chorus is ridiculously catchy
10:38 PM on 09/27/11
superBMRuth
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeit
User Info.
can't wait to hear the album (I've avoided hearing any track but the single to this point). this review helped ease some worries i had.
10:39 PM on 09/27/11
MyFriendsOver
Your pictures are already burned.
User Info.
Awesome review, Thomas, and I am more than ready to devour this album in less than a week! I was expecting Drew to write this one, but it seems you've filled those shoes quite ably :)
10:48 PM on 09/27/11
vivatoto56
Your wick won't burn away
User Info.
By far my least favorite of their releases. I enjoyed the review though.

And I still really like the album.
10:51 PM on 09/27/11
OdourlessHobo
woop woop woop
User Info.
Although I didn't enjoy the title track, I did enjoy the rest of the album. The chorus to I'm Not the One is crazy good.

Great review man, you were spot on with everything.
10:52 PM on 09/27/11
smowashere
I am Groot.
User Info.
I love "Summer Fling, Don't Mean a Thing." Can't wait to hear it in full!

Also, another great review.
10:59 PM on 09/27/11
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
User Info.
this cd is great, and while you say that no comparison is really necessary, i feel this is a lot stronger front to back than not without a fight. i also dont hate radiosurgery the song.
11:01 PM on 09/27/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Although I didn't enjoy the title track, I did enjoy the rest of the album. The chorus to I'm Not the One is crazy good.

Great review man, you were spot on with everything.
Man that chorus is a fucking jam.

Edit: Something I thought about slipping into the review but didn't because it is personal and irrelevant. NFG is the only band that makes me wish I was born a few years earlier - they played their hometown shows before they got huge like a half hour away from where I grew up! Some of the dudes in the band went to Douglas or JP Taravella High in Broward County - those schools are so close by that when I played varsity basketbal we would play them every year! Douglas beat us two years in a row when we were undefeated, I hated that team. But anyway, NFG is basically the quintessential hometown band for a lot of my older friends from the South Florida area. I wish I had been able to see them play small shows way back when.
11:02 PM on 09/27/11
M.Lee
man I'm pretty
User Info.
Eh, NFG will always be NFG I guess. I almost feel like I've grown out of this mindless type of pop punk.
11:20 PM on 09/27/11
rushour144
User Info.
You hit the nail on the head with the last paragraph... you can favor whatever NFG album you want (besides Coming Home, I barely call that NFG) or say "so and so album was better than so and so) but at the end of the day, it is still NFG!

The simple truth is that NFG may not be bringing anything "new" to the table, but when the table is something they built way back when, does it even matter?!?! Radiosurgery IS NFG and it IS a great album, period!
11:23 PM on 09/27/11
rushour144
User Info.
How are they different from any other New Found Glory songs? The title track is the only one that falls noticeably short to me.
This! Anthem of the Unwanted sounds like something off of NWAF or Sticks and Stones; Memories and Battle Scars sounds like a polished s/t song; and Map of Your Body sounds like something off of Catalyst. To be critical about this album is just dumb at this point!

I feel like people are starting to miss the point about pop punk bands haha!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos