AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Dear Hunter News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Dear Hunter iTunes Sale

Posted by - 03:43 PM on 09/28/11
In anticipation of their upcoming tour with Manchester Orchestra, The Dear Hunter have posted sales in iTunes of their entire catalog, also giving away a free track called "She's Always Singing." Details can be found here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
03:51 PM on 09/28/11
murphy77
User Info.
you have dear and the headlights icon instead of the dear hunter. just letting yall know
03:59 PM on 09/28/11
stonecoldfox
You can't afford to live like this
User Info.
That's pretty awesome. It'd be even more awesome if I didn't own all of their material. Anyone who doesn't should snatch it up right away.
04:01 PM on 09/28/11
mfields10
User Info.
you have dear and the headlights icon instead of the dear hunter. just letting yall know
Sadly, this.
I was like "Dear and the Headlights news!!!!... oh wait, nevermind."
04:03 PM on 09/28/11
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Damn it, sorry guys. Fixed.
04:46 PM on 09/28/11
spansen
and then what happens?
User Info.
Sadly, this.
I was like "Dear and the Headlights news!!!!... oh wait, nevermind."
Same. :(
04:57 PM on 09/28/11
imtherealdave
Mostly Harmless
User Info.
So are the albums for sale or on sale?
05:26 PM on 09/28/11
A7XXX
Temple Pressure
User Info.
Hmm good deal but I have to save all my money for the cd version of The Color Spectrum. So excited for that
06:46 PM on 09/28/11
Asthenia-182
But it doesn't bother me at all...
User Info.
Is $30 the regular price or sale for The Color Spectrum?
07:25 PM on 09/28/11
Intamin
Music...is great.
User Info.
Dear and the Headlights is still the small icon on the front page. ;)

Not that it matters that much...no matter how many icons you misuse they'll never come back! :(
11:08 PM on 09/28/11
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
Aww... came for DatH.
02:18 AM on 09/29/11
IndieKid!
The Registered User
User Info.
I almost died of happiness, then realized you fucked with me... this isn't dear and the headlights news :(

Also

DATH > These bands.

and I love Manchester Orchestra.
02:30 AM on 09/30/11
Mudblock
User Info.
I almost died of happiness, then realized you fucked with me... this isn't dear and the headlights news :(

Also

DATH > These bands.

and I love Manchester Orchestra.
WRONG!
03:58 AM on 09/30/11
IndieKid!
The Registered User
User Info.
Personal taste, you know I am obviously speaking from my opinion, so wrong how? :]

I dislike some of Andy's stuff for how much he goes on about Jesus and God, I wouldn't mind if the references were smarter like mewithoutyou, but he straight up puts Jesus/God into a good portion of his songs which doesn't appeal to me at all, it seems like his weakness, come up with another metaphor please, overkill. Then means everything to nothing all sounds too similar and the standout is the EP song I can feel a hot one... I also only love tracks 3 - 7 on simple math, the rest is boring to me, DATH have two solid albums I do not get bored of listening to/can go back to.

Also the dear hunter, I liked a few tracks off of ACT III, he has such an awesome voice, do not know what else to listen to/what is better by them.

I have my own solid reasons, what are yours? :]

P.s. also DATH do not take themselves as seriously, with the whole concept album and Andy stuff in general, just have more appeal, though I am a big Manchester Orchestra fan, if my parents got in the car I would more likely put DATH on.
05:01 AM on 10/02/11
Mudblock
User Info.
Personal taste, you know I am obviously speaking from my opinion, so wrong how? :]

I dislike some of Andy's stuff for how much he goes on about Jesus and God, I wouldn't mind if the references were smarter like mewithoutyou, but he straight up puts Jesus/God into a good portion of his songs which doesn't appeal to me at all, it seems like his weakness, come up with another metaphor please, overkill. Then means everything to nothing all sounds too similar and the standout is the EP song I can feel a hot one... I also only love tracks 3 - 7 on simple math, the rest is boring to me, DATH have two solid albums I do not get bored of listening to/can go back to.

Also the dear hunter, I liked a few tracks off of ACT III, he has such an awesome voice, do not know what else to listen to/what is better by them.

I have my own solid reasons, what are yours? :]

P.s. also DATH do not take themselves as seriously, with the whole concept album and Andy stuff in general, just have more appeal, though I am a big Manchester Orchestra fan, if my parents got in the car I would more likely put DATH on.
hmmm MWY are way worse with god references imo, i mean theres a song for like over half of it he repeats the line "god is great, god is good" or something similar.

I have never felt that MO were an in your face christian band, he references and speaks about god every now and again but never too full on imo. I love LAVLAC, METN and Simple Math and think there are alot of stand out songs.

Dear Hunter is a band that you need time to sit down and listen to and lose yourself in the world he has created. Its now at a point for me that I can properly follow the story from song to song from Act 1 to 3. I also thoroughly loved the color spectrum, all of TDH's stuff needs both time to listen to and get used to but it is well worth the time but I would say listen to the color spectrum CD version if you just want an album of some of his best work and listen to the complete Color Spectrum if you want to see TDH's true potential and how easily he crosses genres and doesnt slip up on any of them.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos