AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 35
04:33 PM on 10/03/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Not taking a side either way but the future, as Apple (and Amazon and Google) see it, is in the cloud. The number of people who need 40/60/120 GB of music at any time is extremely small, though it's probably a much higher percentage on AP than in the general public.

Just my two cents.
well, i'm one of them. that's why i said it.
04:58 PM on 10/03/11
Dilwhodie
User Info.
Possibly dumb question... If Sprint does get the iphone 5, will that mean sprint customers can use older iphones on a sprint contract or will it just be limited to the iphone 5? I have an older iphone I use ad an ipod so I'm just wondering.
05:35 PM on 10/03/11
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Possibly dumb question... If Sprint does get the iphone 5, will that mean sprint customers can use older iphones on a sprint contract or will it just be limited to the iphone 5? I have an older iphone I use ad an ipod so I'm just wondering.
Won't work, old iPhones aren't compatible with Sprint's network.
06:35 PM on 10/03/11
swimhockey
The Times We Felt ALIVE
User Info.
I have an iPod touch but it is almost about to be full (only music for the most part). Im gonna need more space soon but if they stop making the classics then that's never going to happen.

By the way, with this cloud thing, you can only access the stuff stored I. Your cloud when you have wifi (on an iPod) or some sort of internet connection right? I can't always have wifi connection so howsmthat supposed to work?
06:41 PM on 10/03/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm going to buy the 160 gig ipod classic before it goes away forever. I love those.
07:49 PM on 10/03/11
schenksta
Derp.
User Info.
I'd recommend the Sansa Clip. I've used both and I prefer it over the shuffle.

Did you have the newest model of the Shuffle? Or the one before it that had no buttons?
08:34 PM on 10/03/11
zachff
User Info.
Did you have the newest model of the Shuffle? Or the one before it that had no buttons?

Old ones, I think the new shuffle is so dumb.
08:36 PM on 10/03/11
zachff
User Info.
I have an iPod touch but it is almost about to be full (only music for the most part). Im gonna need more space soon but if they stop making the classics then that's never going to happen.

By the way, with this cloud thing, you can only access the stuff stored I. Your cloud when you have wifi (on an iPod) or some sort of internet connection right? I can't always have wifi connection so howsmthat supposed to work?

You have a point now but the vision is that you wont have that worry in the future, people will always be connected.
09:32 PM on 10/03/11
schenksta
Derp.
User Info.
Old ones, I think the new shuffle is so dumb.
The one without the buttons is fucking pointless, but the newest one is awesome.
02:30 AM on 10/04/11
CastlesXClouds
Relax
User Info.
pretty furious about the discontinuation of the iPod classic. the shuffle can suck my balls though.
03:44 AM on 10/04/11
IndieKid!
The Registered User
User Info.
pretty furious about the discontinuation of the iPod classic. the shuffle can suck my balls though.
Apple hasn't said they are getting rid of them, it is a rumour, why is everyone acting like it is official : /
07:49 PM on 10/04/11
CyberInferno
Tech Round-up Author,Chipotle Lover
User Info.
Apple hasn't said they are getting rid of them, it is a rumour, why is everyone acting like it is official : /
If Apple had intended to continue this product line, they would have released 320gb, 500gb, etc. versions. The last time a classic iPod was updated was 2007. Mechanical hard drives are being killed off in portable players as solid-state memory gets cheaper. Especially since solid-state memory doesn't suffer from the same issues physical drives do and since it performs better.
07:53 PM on 10/04/11
CyberInferno
User Info.
Won't work, old iPhones aren't compatible with Sprint's network.
The Verizon iPhone is compatible with Sprint's network aside from WiMAX.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see from context that "older" clearly means pre-Verizon iPhone 4 as you had already interpreted.
02:26 AM on 10/05/11
IndieKid!
The Registered User
User Info.
If Apple had intended to continue this product line, they would have released 320gb, 500gb, etc. versions. The last time a classic iPod was updated was 2007. Mechanical hard drives are being killed off in portable players as solid-state memory gets cheaper. Especially since solid-state memory doesn't suffer from the same issues physical drives do and since it performs better.
The Solid state memory would push the price up, also we are the other side of announcement and it is still a product, also a funny tit bit, guess who I work for;)
10:06 AM on 10/05/11
CyberInferno
User Info.
The Solid state memory would push the price up, also we are the other side of announcement and it is still a product, also a funny tit bit, guess who I work for;)
Haha so you have the inside scoop!

Don't get me wrong--I really do love my iPod Classic (even if I use it more as an external hard drive than a music player). But I still don't see the product long for this world. Apple isn't going to publicly make an announcement when they discontinue the iPod Classic. It will just magically drop off the store one day, and they'll be selling off the remaining stock for half off until supplies are gone.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos