User Info.
No Avatar Selected
09:35 AM on 10/10/11
delugy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
November 2009

In autumn of the year I started collecting points for college
I was about to give up the only hobby I enjoyed.
It was though because photography was the only thing I really loved. And I began to think I had no talent, I was doing average uninteresting really bad stuff.
I really wanted to give it up, throwing my camera (which I worked my ass off for weeks and months) in the corner.
You know, an idiom says (roughly translated):
If you think the end is near, a light appears somewhere

And one day in november I stumbled upon Deathwish.
I can not even describe how I felt. I didnt even trust this strange band called My Chemical Romance but the lyrics of It´s not a fashion statement it´s a fucking deathwish where speaking to me. (I never had given much thought about lyrics or music in general before.)

It gave me a new perspective on my own life. A really drastic one.
In the past my intention of taking photos was it has to be beautiful, perfect, flawless.I feel slightly ashamed for it. I really had a media infected brain. I wanted to be like them.
I didnt trust myself or in my talent. Or in anything. I always pretended to be someone else.

But photography has a different meaning for me now. It try to keep it artistic. I try to show what I think. About me. About things. Mostly. (It doesn´t always work, but I don´t care. I do what I love the most.)

Here is sth visual. My very first self-portrait series I did.
If My Chemical Romance didn´t appear on my screen these photos would´nt exist. I would´nt even do photography now.
02:03 PM on 10/10/11
lpbruce
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hi all....(I don’t have a web cam) this is how I became a My Chemical Romance fan... I'm not your typical MCR fan, (way, way, way over 20-somthing) in fact, I’d never heard of MCR until May 2011 (this year) Here's how it happened...I'm at work and on a break (of course) and I come across an article on AOL.com on May 5 about Glenn Beck stating that a song by this group My Chemical Romance was propaganda... Well....this peaked my interest... cause I just had to see what got Mr. Beck's panties in bunch...on the news website (http://www.popeater.com/2011/05/05/my-chemical-romance-glenn-beck/) Beck stated that the song "SING" was propaganda (I’m sure you all remember this) anyway… on that same website was a youtube video of SING.. I JUST had to listen….(first because Glenn Beck said NOT to and second, well I just had to) I really liked the song… so I took an extended ‘break’ and looked up more MCR videos, watched ‘Helena’ and ‘Ghost of You’ and I was hooked…for the next month my youtube favorites filled up with every MCR song and interview I could find out there…and when I wasn’t at work I was blasting MCR on my iPhone and car on my way to and from work…I then decided I had to go to one of their concerts and I took my 17 year old niece with me to Kansas to the Honda Civic Tour in Sept…MCR hasn’t “changed” my life other than it opened me up to a whole new genre of music and for that I say a big ‘Thank You” to Mr. Beck for your narrow minded dribble, cause if it wasn’t for that news article I would have never heard of MCR and contentedly continue to listen to my oldies by goodies..
BTW my favorite MCR song right now is…’Kill all you Friends’, then ‘House of Wolves’ and ‘The Kids from Yesterday’… and……
03:48 PM on 10/10/11
XxNatali_21xX
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
04:27 PM on 10/10/11
Crash diamond
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Here is my submission!
05:20 PM on 10/10/11
AdorableIrony
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

And I'm Alex by the way!
05:46 PM on 10/10/11
Acidic Blossom
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dear Gerard,

The date was 9/11, I remember that very distinctly, as it was the day I had planned to commit suicide. I was just in 3rd grade when I first heard your voice blasting through my radio. It was back in the days when I still had my mask of a pop princess, still hid the depression, the self harm, the suicidal thoughts. Yup- those were the danger days. Anyways, I was once again listening to the radio on my purple boom box that I got for my birthday that year, when this song suddenly came blaring through my headphones. Guess what song?

Seriously, guess.

No, it wasn't on Three Cheers. Was that album even out back then?
No, it wasn't Vampires Will Never Hurt You, surprisingly.
Nope, not Skylines and Turnstiles.

No, not any of those. The song that, whether by fate or by chance, that was chosen to float into my ears was not any of those. It was Early Sunsets over Munroville. The haunting tune was soothing to by aching mind, calming to the turmoil battling within me. For a second, it was almost like the whole world had stopped and dropped it's weapons to listen to the tune coming from my beloved boom box. At least, that's how it was for me. The little bit of beauty I heard made me feel like suddenly, somebody got it. Somebody knew what it was like to put a brave face on, to feel as if they were split into two: the outside, and the inside.

Somebody, somewhere, knew. The raging pain deep inside of me calmed for a few minutes, knowing that somebody out there got it. You got that sometimes I felt like the real me was dead, that my outside was slowly taking over the exhausted truth inside. A But it was OK. Because SOMEBODY noticed, SOMEBODY could see my pain. Somewhere, someone was going through the same thing.

And that gave me hope. That helped me to get through one more day of being told to go slit my wrists by my fellow third grade classmates. It reminded me that I COULD survive, against all the odds. Yes, MCR has saved my life, just like it has saved the lives of so many others.

That night, instead of slitting my wrists and taking the pills, I threw out the bottle, returned the knife.
Why? Because I had this little spark ignited deep within me, helping me to burn away the demons that taunted me from the inside.

Since that day, your music has helped me to get over the pill addiction. It gave me a reason to ignore the taunts. The sounds calmed the turmoil within me, making the need to feel metal slicing through my pale skin fade to nothing but a faint whisper. I no longer felt the ghost of a noose around my neck slowly tightening, squeezing the very air I needed to survive from my broken body. And all with just the notes you sang. The riffs Frank rocked. The lines Mikey plucked. The solos Ray threw his heart into. Just with those floating through my headphones, all the pain goes away.

And for that, I thank you.

xoxo, c
06:13 PM on 10/10/11
killjoylindsayg
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

The names Lindsay ^_^

I LOVE YOU ALL! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING! KEEP MAKING BEAUTIFUL MUSIC!
06:23 PM on 10/10/11
JenInTheLight
User Info.
07:31 PM on 10/10/11
Smart Punk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i was watching a show on Fuse and a My Chemical Romance video came....it seems like ive known of Blink 182 for forever.
07:35 PM on 10/10/11
XxNatali_21xX
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
08:31 PM on 10/10/11
kokomarro
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

My MCR story. Hope you enjoy though I am quiet. Not your typical fan, I really do hope that something good comes of this. Though I'm well aware this is a "contest" I just want someone to learn something from this video. To see that average is an opinion between different people and hopefully this will help you understand why I listen to MCR. This is my story thus far.
09:00 PM on 10/10/11
fishinacup
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
12:47 AM on 10/11/11
whenandwhy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

This is my first video ever! I was so nervous! I know it's bad...
09:45 AM on 10/11/11
Killjoyonearth
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How I discovered MCR. I'm sorry for bad english
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music