Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

Kiss Kiss Bass Player Leaves Band

Posted by: Jared Kaufman (06/27/07)
Kiss Kiss have announced that their bass player, Pat Lamothe, has left the band. They are currently and eagerly looking for a new member. The full message from the band can be read in the replies.

Submitted By: jasoneyeball

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
07:31 AM on 06/27/07
Jared Kaufman
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
AnnouncementBefore our June tour Pat told us of his plans to leave the band to pursue college amongst other things, and what can I say?! Kiss Kiss has been through 16 line up changes since 2003. 5 Violinists, 4 Bassists, numerous Guitarists, A Cellist ( did you know that!), but never has a line up change been so Sad for us as a band. Pat was our 4th bassist, and has been a core member since 2004. It will be sad to see him go.

When the band formed in College at SUNY PURCHASE Pat was 2 years younger then the rest of us. When the band got signed and began hitting the road hard, Pat left college to the dismay of his parents and friends, and mostly to himself. This year has been hard on him as he watched all his friends graduate. He has decided to go back to school to finish up his degree and we wish him all the best in doing so.

I'm basically at a loss for words here, we all went through a lot together on the road and in life over the past 3 years. Lots Good, Lots of Bad. I'd like to think a lot was learned on personal levels from our relationships with other, and there is in no way any bad feelings involved. We all wish Pat the best in his Academics, Quark ( his other band ), and with his Life and Poetry.
08:13 AM on 06/27/07
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
User Info.
It's sad that a lot of musicians have to make a choice between a music career and and higher education.
08:14 AM on 06/27/07
iamjeremywillia
User Info.
i love this band. one of my favorites.... but, it does get tiresome that there are member changes all the time. i want this band to get the success they deserve, i just hope they have ppl left to do it.
08:22 AM on 06/27/07
Alumni
User Info.
Come see Kiss Kiss and MATT AND ISOM @ the Knitting Factory NY on August 5, 2007
To order tickets, http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/Sal...eventId=187030
08:35 AM on 06/27/07
sergiohhh
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
matt and isom are awesome. http://www.myspace.com/mattandisom
08:43 AM on 06/27/07
jasoneyeball
such a registered user
User Info.
i love this band. one of my favorites.... but, it does get tiresome that there are member changes all the time. i want this band to get the success they deserve, i just hope they have ppl left to do it.

I'm right there with you. These guys are one of our hardest working bands though and I have no doubt though that they will find someone amazing to replace Pat (we'll miss you, dude!). íViva Kiss Kiss!
09:05 AM on 06/27/07
mogwaifearsatan
feels good man
User Info.
WTF? I saw this band 2 nights ago. This guy was absolutely nuts as far as I can remember... best of luck.
09:07 AM on 06/27/07
Coby won Kenobi
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's sad that a lot of musicians have to make a choice between a music career and and higher education.

I totally agree, its sad because the artists have to give up somehting they love in order to get that higher education
09:10 AM on 06/27/07
ConquerTheSound
Lake and the River
User Info.
Glad I got to see this band a few nights ago with him on bass. They are an amazing band to see live, best of luck to these guys!
09:21 AM on 06/27/07
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
User Info.
I totally agree, its sad because the artists have to give up somehting they love in order to get that higher education
It's I guess because music isn't always a secure career choice, but, a music carreer is something that can't be put off.
11:39 AM on 06/27/07
PerfectModel
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
;flaksjhdg;laksjdgasdfgadsljkfasdf

I would be in this band. But I don't want to end up like him and wish I had finished college. Two more years then you'll be seeing my name on this website.
04:03 PM on 06/27/07
better with a pen
cockney nutjob
User Info.

I know, it is. It's such a risk too, because a music career is hit or miss. A higher education usually guarantees you a job somewhere.

kiss kiss are awesome. http://www.myspace.com/kisskiss
11:38 AM on 06/28/07
DjangoRockwell
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm sad to see Pat go, he was an absolutely amazing bass player in an absolutely amazing band. Kiss Kiss- keep your collective chin up, it's just a matter of time before the world realizes your genius. Best of luck Pat!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests