Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 25 posts.
10:37 PM on 11/02/11
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.

Edit: for the record, we weren't on a 10 point system when the SYG record came out. But if I scored it again it would be like a 4.
03:01 AM on 11/03/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Why is everyone saying I'm bashing something? I'd say about 60 % of the review is positive, no? There are some duds, and some of it bleeds together, but there are highlights and there are other good songs. Do I need to do a track-by-track of each song? This is absolutely not a bad review. I respect this record a shit ton and I respect their direction, even though as a fan, I would have liked to see them stay to the path they were on. I get the feeling the comments about me bashing the record just looked at the 6 and that's it. A 6 is not really that bad a score.
03:03 AM on 11/03/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
fuck you, thomas nassiff.
:slutkiss:
05:50 AM on 11/03/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
ill check this out. tell me does the rest of the album have a "just drive" vibe to it, because while the other 3 songs released were awful, and i mean awful, "just drive" was great.
"Just Drive" grew on me do quickly. "Stuck In the Middle" is one of the busts in my opinion. "Fairweather Fan" is solid and idk what the fourth released one is. I don't think any one of those songs really reveals what the whole record is like, but "Just Drive" is the most single-sounding song.
05:51 AM on 11/03/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
lol

"OMG you guys rate everything too high on this site"

"OMG this album is rated to low"

idiots
This guy gets it.
05:54 AM on 11/03/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
6/10 would only be above average if for every high review there was a different low one to even out the average to 5. On a site which gives out primarily high reviews like this one, 6/10 is probably below the average.
This record is just mediocre. Maybe a pleasure listen every once in a whole after a month of solid spins. Lasting value is minimal. Anyway a 6 is pretty medium and I'd say giving a "mediocre" record a 5 or so is about right, and this record is better than mediocre. You really shouldn't try to judge the site as a whole on point scales. It's very much the individual author.
05:58 AM on 11/03/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Do you know what average means? I just tallied up the scores on reviews by staff members from the first page of "Reviews" and the average score is 74.6%. 6/10 is below average on this site.
You have too much free time

Edit: and it's hilarious that you're asking drew if he knows what an average is...a statistical figure...yet your sample size is just a handful of reviews on the first page? You're either lazy or you don't know what the average is either. If l look at your last two posts on this site and one of them (this one) sucks, does that mean an average of 50% of your posts suck??
06:02 AM on 11/03/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Punching 21 numbers into a calculator then dividing by 21 took me less time than it did to read half of your review.
But was probably half as rad. Quoting you so you can see the edit to my last post.
06:31 AM on 11/03/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Awful band puts out awful album.

Shocker.
Awful user posts awful post. Simply stunning.

It's fine if it takes people time to adjust to the scores. Whatever. But I wish people would read my 700 words before assuming that the review is negative.
06:32 AM on 11/03/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
But of the course the discussion is about the score instead of about my last two paragraphs....
07:46 AM on 11/03/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
60% on Ap.net = awful/disgusting

The scales are fucked, don't hate the player, hate the game. Most shitty albums score 80% or higher. When an album scores a 60% on super-inflated AP.net, it's going to trigger a response.
Ok
idk, i don't really get this review. I know it's not cool anymore to say someone's sold out, because that's not a thing in a post-Bieber world. We all sell out all the time. Whatever.

But if the music is bad, then shouldn't that be what matters? We congratulate toddlers when they try and fail so that they don't turn out into weirdos like me. But these are grown men. They don't need anyone's pat on the back.

Maybe it's just the weird context you've placed the record in, where this band's lame success is somehow going to transfer into bands who now sound nothing like them. I have only heard the song's released to the public, obviously, but they were all just about the lamest thing ever (and full disclosure, I have a signed Enemy of the World poster in my room). But whatever, it's just not normal, to me, to see it be like - "Hey person! You tried! You failed! But we're still proud!"

idk.
I don't think they failed at anything. I like most of the record, but it bleeds together and doesn't have good lasting value. I said those things. I said there were a couple duds. That makes for an "okay" record - like I said. I think for what they were trying to do, they certainly succeeded. Not only did they not fail, but I think this record will be good for them and for their peers. I don't remember writing about failures. I remember saying some good things and some bad things, but I feel as though most of my review is pretty positive.
07:58 AM on 11/03/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Huh?

I have no problem with your score, but I'm not sure this makes sense.
lol welp you caught me there. problems with typing on my phone while i'm going from a small jet to an airport terminal
02:08 PM on 11/03/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Well the "mainstream" audience is a lot more impressionable, so if FYS were to blow up with this album and continue to take their friends like The Wonder Years, A Loss For Words, et al. on tour, those bands would be exposed to a wider audience that they otherwise may have never reached and would likely sell a good deal of extra merch in the process. It's not flawless logic, sure, but it's not baseless.
This guy got it.
No way, BABE (awesome acronym) would be a 6 or 7. Just like this FYS album, it had duds but real good songs like Illuminated Youth and Not As Bad. I hope both bands can return with a fourth album that's their best material yet.
Don't give me a "no way" when it's my score.....

In 2012 all of my scores will be 0. And I'll probably write half the amount of reviews I wrote this year. I'll finish this year with just over 100, and MAYBE do one a week next year. And they will ALL be scored as 0. See how much my comments go down because people would actually have to read something to weigh in.
07:03 PM on 11/03/11
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music