Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

Pouzza Fest 2012

Posted by: Deborah Remus (11/23/11)
The first batch of bands have been announced for Pouzza Fest, which will be taking place in Montreal this May. Check the replies for the list.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
08:12 PM on 11/23/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
BandsBILLY THE KID
BLACKLIST ROYALS
CLASSICS OF LOVE
DIG IT UP
DUMB ADULTS
THE DWARVES
EL PATRON
GET THE SHOT
GHETTO BLASTER
KEPI GHOULIE
HEY SUGAR
HORACE PINKER
HOT WATER MUSIC
JAH CUTTA
JET BLACK
I'M A TIGER
LUTHER
EAMON MCGRATH
JOE MCMAHON ( SMOKE OR FIRE )
NEVER HIT AGAIN
NIGHTLIGHTS
OR CONDOR
PL MAFIA
THE REAL DEAL

Early bird passes are also available for $40 here.
08:13 PM on 11/23/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Already confirmed some awesome bands! If I take summer classes, I might fly to Montreal and spend my Victoria Day weekend there.
08:20 PM on 11/23/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
I've only heard of one of these bands.
08:26 PM on 11/23/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.

Which one? Hot Water Music? The Real Deal, Blacklist Royals, Nightlights and Joe McMahon are worth checking out too.
08:28 PM on 11/23/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Which one? Hot Water Music? The Real Deal, Blacklist Royals, Nightlights and Joe McMahon are worth checking out too.
Yep, that's the one. And I'm not even overly familiar with their work. I'll definitely check out some of these artists though. Are they mostly Canadian bands, or just from all over?
08:55 PM on 11/23/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Yep, that's the one. And I'm not even overly familiar with their work. I'll definitely check out some of these artists though. Are they mostly Canadian bands, or just from all over?

I'd say they're from all over. If you've heard of the Fest in Florida, this is supposed to be like that with those type of punk bands. The Real Deal is Canadian, I saw them with The Flatliners and Less Than Jake in 2008. The others are American. I'm not really familiar with the rest of the bands on that list either.
10:17 PM on 11/23/11
avengedtbs
May your music break my eardrums
User Info.
Also I suggest getting familiar with Hot Water Music as well.
10:38 PM on 11/23/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
While the combination of the three greatest things in the world (Montréal, Pizza, and Poutine) sounds bombastic this lineup doesn't appeal to me.
05:43 AM on 11/24/11
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Most of these bands are locals around here. Everyone should listen to Hey Sugar. They're like Maylene, but better, plus I bought one of their amps.

I think there are still a lot of big names to be released. Last year there was like 10 really good bands that came, the rest were locals/canadian bands.
06:26 AM on 11/24/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Yeah, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they booked The Lawrence Arms and that's the main reason why I want to go.
07:04 AM on 11/24/11
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Ditto.
10:50 AM on 11/24/11
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Yeah, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they booked The Lawrence Arms and that's the main reason why I want to go.
Source? Brendan Kelly played last year. With St Cath, teenage bottlerocket and Lifetime. Kick myself for missing out.
11:10 AM on 11/24/11
ALEXMASONRULES
User Info.
Last years lineup was awesome, cant wait to see the rest of this one. Really want to try to go
05:18 PM on 11/24/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Source? Brendan Kelly played last year. With St Cath, teenage bottlerocket and Lifetime. Kick myself for missing out.

I don't have a real source, haha. I just know Brendan tweeted that The Lawrence Arms will be playing some more shows soon, on the Pouzza Fest Facebook it says they booked a "favourite band from Chicago" and I know Brendan loves Montreal anyway so he'd probably be stoked to play. I read his blog and he wrote a cool post about the city before playing.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests