AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Punchline News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Chris Fafalios Was Serious After All

Posted by - 11:29 PM on 12/30/11
Chris Fafalios (Punchline) clarifies his recent statement about quitting his band if they fail to reach #1 on iTunes. A video explanation including a mention of AbsolutePunk reactions can be seen here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 265
11:43 PM on 12/30/11
Dan1234
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
he seems kinda bitter towards the end when he says how his band has been a band for so long yet has had no success while he's seen other undeserving bands get big. Theres a few bands that have been a band longer than Punchline has without making it big. What he's doing seems kinda shitty. I'm gonna wait a month before i buy the cd probably.
11:48 PM on 12/30/11
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
I will be contributing, if only for Chris Fafalios fans everywhere. And of course because Punchline writes some dang catchy tunes.

Also: I would love to see Punchline at the number 1 Itunes charts. I want to see buzz about them.
11:50 PM on 12/30/11
camperfrequency
Troy and Abed in the Morning!
User Info.
Nnnnnnnnnggggggggg I really want Chris in Punchline!
11:50 PM on 12/30/11
M_HAY
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
All I know is "Open Up" gets stuck in my head all the time.
11:55 PM on 12/30/11
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
Welp....guess that explains it.
11:59 PM on 12/30/11
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
After listening to him actually talk, he doesn't seem like all that bad of a guy, but this is still such a negative way to go about things. I feel like all it's doing is making the whole thing look bad.

He and the band should have just promoted the album to the best of their own ability, instead of making demands. If the bassist was unhappy, he also should've just let their fans know that his days are/were numbered. I think it would've been better for them to not pick a specific number, but to just intensely stress the importance of the upcoming release in relation to their career.

Him saying, something along the lines of "I want to stay in the band, but I'm going to quit and then be really bummed out about it, if the album doesn't go to #1" is just silly.
12:02 AM on 12/31/11
CMXPunch
Punchline / Chris
User Info.
I don't think it's dumb! And I'm definitely not bitter!!! :)
I love reading AbsolutePunk.net threads.
12:03 AM on 12/31/11
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Awfully nice to see bands exploiting their fan base <_<

Seriously, if you are strapped for cash to the extent that you legitemetly need more money to continue functioning as a band, start a kicktarter or reach out to your fans asking for help. But this just rubs me the wrong way. It feels way more like "I'm bored with what I'm currently doing and need an ego boost" than "I'm broke with what I'm currently doing and need a cash boost"

Should be fun to watch what happens when they come up short though. Does he actually follow through or does he magically have a "change of heart"?
12:03 AM on 12/31/11
CMXPunch
Punchline / Chris
User Info.
he seems kinda bitter towards the end when he says how his band has been a band for so long yet has had no success while he's seen other undeserving bands get big. Theres a few bands that have been a band longer than Punchline has without making it big. What he's doing seems kinda shitty. I'm gonna wait a month before i buy the cd probably.
definitely not bitter! didn't mean to sound that way. i don't think i deserve anything because of my bass playing, but i think my bandmates deserve all the success in the world, because they're awesome as hell!
12:05 AM on 12/31/11
CMXPunch
Punchline / Chris
User Info.
Awfully nice to see bands exploiting their fan base <_<

Seriously, if you are strapped for cash to the extent that you legitemetly need more money to continue functioning as a band, start a kicktarter or reach out to your fans asking for help. But this just rubs me the wrong way. It feels way more like "I'm bored with what I'm currently doing and need an ego boost" than "I'm broke with what I'm currently doing and need a cash boost"

Should be fun to watch what happens when they come up short though. Does he actually follow through or does he magically have a "change of heart"?
blah blah blah. i ain't exploitin' SH*T clucky! just tryin' to make somethin' happen, and be able to afford to keep putting out music. i don't need a cash boost, cluck face! any money from sales would go straight toward recording new music, not toward me buying a tv, DINGUS.
CMXPunch
Punchline / Chris
User Info.
Nnnnnnnnnggggggggg I really want Chris in Punchline!
thank you! i want to be in punchline as well :)!!!!
CMXPunch
Punchline / Chris
User Info.
I will be contributing, if only for Chris Fafalios fans everywhere. And of course because Punchline writes some dang catchy tunes.

Also: I would love to see Punchline at the number 1 Itunes charts. I want to see buzz about them.
you are a great friend to me :)
12:06 AM on 12/31/11
CMXPunch
Punchline / Chris
User Info.
After listening to him actually talk, he doesn't seem like all that bad of a guy, but this is still such a negative way to go about things. I feel like all it's doing is making the whole thing look bad.

He and the band should have just promoted the album to the best of their own ability, instead of making demands. If the bassist was unhappy, he also should've just let their fans know that his days are/were numbered. I think it would've been better for them to not pick a specific number, but to just intensely stress the importance of the upcoming release in relation to their career.

Him saying, something along the lines of "I want to stay in the band, but I'm going to quit and then be really bummed out about it, if the album doesn't go to #1" is just silly.
i hope you don't think i'm a jerk! i have my ways, i like to think of myself as the Creed Bratton of bass.
12:08 AM on 12/31/11
Kdenisarealboy
As Much of The Sky As Possible
User Info.
definitely not bitter! didn't mean to sound that way. i don't think i deserve anything because of my bass playing, but i think my bandmates deserve all the success in the world, because they're awesome as hell!
It's cool as hell and that you are in here replying, but I have to agree with the guy.

I don't know you, or your band, but this whole thing sounds very narcissistic.

I know to you playing bass in a band might not seem very cool anymore, but some kids wish they could be in your position.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos