AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Say Anything News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 122.
06:53 PM on 01/14/12
dogface
User Info.
the album doesn't sound like much thought was put into it.
That's what I thought on first listen. Not terrible, but a pretty sloppy, half-assed effort for an album that Max hyped as a make or break type thing.
06:56 PM on 01/14/12
mike_aaron
carpartyband.com
User Info.
Waiting to hear this album. Not listening to the leak.
07:01 PM on 01/14/12
t.web4
Gone
User Info.
One of my favorites on the album. Still sucks that the album was leaked.
07:22 PM on 01/14/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
I absolutely love the zany guitar riffs during the second verse.

Probably the only saving grace of the song for me. It's an ok song, but nothing special.

Are they still planning to release the album in March after the leak? I feel bad since it's like a 2 month gap.
There's release dates for a reason. March 13th is still the release date.

I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't see a digital release in the next two weeks. I'd like to see them pull a Thrice and put off the physical, but include a bunch of extras (there's an entire back-catalog of SA tracks we'd ALL love to hear re-recorded).
07:23 PM on 01/14/12
mynameisgeneric
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
There's release dates for a reason. March 13th is still the release date.
I get they're there for a reason, but a 2 month early leak of an album might as well be a dagger in it's heart. Why not at least get a digital release up immediately?
07:24 PM on 01/14/12
RyanPm40
Ryan
User Info.
If their name is Say Anything, shouldn't they 'say anything'? It's like, come on, they won't even say bad words.

Your mommy wouldn't have sent you to your room for saying "douche" as a child?
07:30 PM on 01/14/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
1. Does anyone get a weird "Jesus of Suburbia" vibe from "The Stephen Hawking?"
2. Some of my favorite vocal parts are Sherri.

Same, it's okay--but nothing amazing. Still, I find it crazy that they aren't bumping up the release date. A two month leak could make this album D.O.A. They should at least send it to iTunes so fans can buy it. Some will download it and forget to buy it in two months because that's a long time away, and by then it'll be other new releases to focus on.

Are we listening to the same album?
What don't you like about it?
I actually think you're in the minority. I feel like a lot of folks will not care for this record.

I honestly don't really like the song Say Anything that much. A really good single would probably have been Overbiter.. it's just such a good jam.. best song on there imo is Peace Out.

While listening to Say Anything, the bass and guitar are so damn awesome (especially in the second verse) but during the chorus I can't help but cringe a bit.. its so repetitive and just sounds for filler. He could have put something much more meaningful in there instead of "I'd do anything for you"x3
Disagree on "Peace Out." I think "Burn A Miracle" is the best song of my three listens, though it's obviously the one I'm most familiar with.
A LOT of the songs have extremely repetitive choruses, and I don't understand why.
07:30 PM on 01/14/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
the album doesn't sound like much thought was put into it.
That's what I thought on first listen. Not terrible, but a pretty sloppy, half-assed effort for an album that Max hyped as a make or break type thing.

Yeah, I can't put my finger on what it is that I don't like. It just seems like every song is still in the demo phases. Nothing feels fully fleshed out, and every song needs a little more (minus "Burn A Miracle," which I love).
07:31 PM on 01/14/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
Their last album was simply produced to be a major label release, hence all the clean production and being overly produced. This album, I feel, is the most organic sounding album they've done. I think everyone was expecting ...is a real boy part two, since they went with Tim O'Heir again. The band has matured and grown since 2004. ...is a real boy part 2 won't happen. People need to learn this. Any band can make the same record multiple times, it takes real talent to broaden your musical ability.

Does anyone want IARB 2.0? I don't feel like that's the community's wish at all; we just wanted new Say Anything.
Also, self-titled was cleanly produced, but meh; doesn't sound major label to me.
07:32 PM on 01/14/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
I like this song more than almost every other song on the album. Good choice
07:52 PM on 01/14/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
If their name is Say Anything, shouldn't they 'say anything'? It's like, come on, they won't even say bad words.
dude we get the dumb joke your trying to make. just stop
07:52 PM on 01/14/12
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
Only heard the Amazon sample of the song. Not sure what I think of it quite yet. I was a pretty big fan of their last album, so I'm excited for this one!
07:54 PM on 01/14/12
stonecoldfox
You can't afford to live like this
User Info.
Yeah, I can't put my finger on what it is that I don't like. It just seems like every song is still in the demo phases. Nothing feels fully fleshed out, and every song needs a little more (minus "Burn A Miracle," which I love).
How awesome would it be if the leaked version of this album turned out to be a bunch of demo versions...I know it's incredibly unlikely and just downright stupid wishful thinking but I just really want this album to be so much better than it is.
07:56 PM on 01/14/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
This song was good. I heard the leak and am ready to buy this album when it comes out. It is a very raw album for a mid-tempo album. At parts reminds me of some saves the day. The album itself was different yet familiar. I know the majority of the site will not love it but it is probably the best thing since IARB from the band and I can say that despite enjoying their whole discography.
07:57 PM on 01/14/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
How awesome would it be if the leaked version of this album turned out to be a bunch of demo versions...I know it's incredibly unlikely and just downright stupid wishful thinking but I just really want this album to be so much better than it is.
I would love for you to be right.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums