Username
Password

10:30 AM on 08/17/07 
User Info.
agloriousruin
salt & light in a world of darkness
Fort Mill, SC
Male - 30 Years Old
so i actually had this compilation on my funky fresh iPod as i took a walk today and there is definitely tons of talent here.

I want to discuss all of these songs:

The Glorious Ruin - This song is really good, I love the harmonies and the percussion! keep it up

Thanks so much! I appreciate all the great feedback from everybody.
Seriously, though, man, your song is quite awesome. I'd love to hear more.
10:34 AM on 08/17/07 
User Info.
ThisIsNotDan
MA
Male - 23 Years Old
good stuff on here. I like the A06, Handel's Drinking Problem, Little Drawings, TCvTC, Thom McCarthy, and Glorious Ruin song (I like this one especially because it reminds me of Counting Crows)
11:00 AM on 08/17/07 
User Info.
agloriousruin
salt & light in a world of darkness
Fort Mill, SC
Male - 30 Years Old
good stuff on here. I like the A06, Handel's Drinking Problem, Little Drawings, TCvTC, Thom McCarthy, and Glorious Ruin song (I like this one especially because it reminds me of Counting Crows)

Which is interesting because I've never really listened to the Counting Crows.
Thanks though, I appreciate being in such a distinguished group.
12:00 PM on 08/17/07 
User Info.
Boring Pop Song
youre gettin the big boot
Philly
Male - 27 Years Old
If my band ever stops sucking and starts playing real shows besides coffeehouses/Battle of the Bands, I would love to play a show with you. Otherwise I'll play one solo.

Your voice is so great, I love it. You've got so much emotion and although I know you're an excellent singer, it's so genuine too. A real person.

The line "Even God's got soul" is brilliant, too, as well as the entire lyricism in the bridge. Not that the whole song isn't great, those just stand out.

P.S. What instrument is that you're playing in the intro on "Amber Mae"? It isn't a marimba is it? I feel like it's a little too 'punchy' to be a marimba, but it's my best guess.

thank you, dude!!!! and yes, that definitely is a marimba. I'm no marimba player but I was fuckin around with it

Hahah, Thom I'm glad Belt gave you some advice. Once again, I really love your song

yeah, it definitely did! and thank you

Played this today for one of my friends, and she was dying to hear more of Thom's stuff. I didn't have anything else to play her, so instead she insisted on repeat for an hour.

oh man! that's awesome. thanks so much!

Thanks man! Glad you enjoy it

thank you, that means a shit load coming from you considering that your song was my favorite on the first comp and is possibly my favorite on this one as well.

I'm gonna try and get a band together and record some stuff. Just picture my song with some drums and a bouncy bassline and me probably yelling "yeehaw" 4-5 times.

Thanks man!

and yeah, get a band together and start recording I'd love to hear some yeehaws
12:02 PM on 08/17/07 
User Info.
Boring Pop Song
youre gettin the big boot
Philly
Male - 27 Years Old
Thanks so much! I appreciate all the great feedback from everybody.
Seriously, though, man, your song is quite awesome. I'd love to hear more.

thanks so much dude!

We should see Matt will bring A06 down to the Carolinas.

You're song is easily one of the best on this thing. So frickin talented. There are a few songs on here that I couldn't listen to all the way. Its not that it wasn't good, its just didn't appeal to my taste at all.

thank you man, you guys really got some talent!

Fuck man...that blew my fucking mind...jesus, I am just lost for words at how fantastic it is to hear something like that.

I try to really take time with lyrics, and am always pushing myself to move forward and improve myself as a lyricist.

I just love musicians like Elliott Smith and Pedro The Lion who know how to take simple chords and use them as the setting for far deeper stories and narratives that they lay out with their fucking great lyrics.

you're definitely on the right track, dude
12:05 PM on 08/17/07 
User Info.
kshtoinks12
Au Revoir Shoshana!
Amurica
Male - 24 Years Old
You couldn't pay me to download this.
12:28 PM on 08/17/07 
User Info.
snowtires
henry slinkman
newtown
Male - 32 Years Old
You couldn't pay me to download this.

i haven't downloaded it yet, because the majority of music i like is made by 40+ year old black people. and i don't see any of them posting on this site
07:31 PM on 08/17/07 
User Info.
FourteenFaster
New York City
Male - 29 Years Old
finally got it downloaded. I'm loving it. My favorites are

Cheesesteaks - absolutely brilliant, possibly my favorite song on the comp
Reach Out - flawless singing and guitar playing, this is the level of singing/songwriting I aspire to be at someday
Transparent Personality - awesome
Shakin' - catchy as shit.
Coasting Toward the Tide, Not The Ladder - melted my face off the first time I heard it, seriously intense.
Eurydice - I'm running out of words for awesome

Those are just the ones that jumped out at me on my first listen-through. I still have to give most of the other ones a full go, but overall I can't believe that music of this quality was produced by members of this forum. it's amazing. good work all around.

Finally got done listening to this whole thing. And it kicks ass. I love every second of it. Two thumbs up, in my opinion.

"Shakin'" by Fourteen Faster is ridiculously catchy, by the way.

so i actually had this compilation on my funky fresh iPod as i took a walk today and there is definitely tons of talent here.

I want to discuss all of these songs:

I have to say that matt rawlings, your song is bleeding with emotion, man. Seriously, that's what makes music real. You make your words and chords come to life rather than just letting them be words and chords. Thanks a lot for including your work and I'd love to hear whatever else you have to offer.

snowmobile is definitely pretty rockin electronics, keep it up dude! i love how it's still really catchy without any lyrics

Handel's Drinking Problem, your song is also very energetic and lively and i'm loving the electronics. Your voice is really good too, and I definitely think you should record and write some more I'd love to hear it.

The Chemist Vs. The Computer - While not particularly being in my vein of tastes, you definitely injected something into them. This song is really really fresh and delivers a new sound for a genre that is just flooded with the same stuff regurgitated a million billion times. I really think you guys have the potential to turn some people's heads.

Five Cent Wing - This is really good, just straight up rock. I really like the vocals, keep writing and recording! i love the line "as i underachieved to the best of my ability"

Fourteen Faster - This song is cool as hell, it's so ridiculously catchy. I love the percussion it's very unique and stylish.

The winter mission is really sweet, I feel an old school TBS vibe coming from it. It's full of energy and you guys know how to transition from loud to soft parts really smoothly.

I take out Lions - This guitar work is fucking sick, and this song is Rompin. This was definitely one of the tracks that really stood out to me.

A06 - I love your tunes, man. I love the 80s influence if I'm hearing that correctly. You've really got some potential. I'll have to read up on your story and stuff that you have posted online.

Silhouettes of Something Strange - This is a really good track, that voice is sick. I'd love to hear this stuff with a better recording. Keep it up.

Backseat Goodbye is so catchy is crazy, you have a really good voice and your style really keeps the vibes high.

Johnny Mainstream your song is really cool, I'd definitely like to hear you with a better recording.

This Cowalker song is pretty tight. I love the pretty chords you're using and that voice is awesome. I heard you guys broke up or something, that's unfortunate. But this song is definitely good and I loved the one on the last compilation.

The Glorius Ruin - This song is really good, I love the harmonies and the percussion! keep it up

Michael Herrera - Your song is some quality material. I love the electronics in there and your voice is really solid, especially when you're hitting those falsettos.

Living Chivalry is really cool. The vocals are really good, and so are the keys. I also love the ambience in the recording!

Brigid your song gives me some amazing advice for my everyday life. What's better than that?

Haha The Welcome Kit is pretty hilarious.

Thanks a lot guys! I haven't been on here in a few days 'cause I was away on vacation. It really means a lot that people are listening to this stuff, and I think Thom has expressed all of our appreciation more than anyone. So thank you for setting an example, Thom... and you already know how I feel about your voice. Buttery.
07:34 PM on 08/17/07 
User Info.
FourteenFaster
New York City
Male - 29 Years Old
Fourteen Faster - Shakin'

Poppy synths and perfectly executed drum loops are what the world needs all of the time, come rain or shine.
Sunny out? Then dance in the light and warmth along with this uplifting and endearingly melodic ditty.
Raining cats and cows? Well, sounds like you could use a slice of the summer that comes complete wtih a chorus that actually had me singing along before I had even finished my first listen of the song.

rofl. I love you Matt. Thank you. Lol... Rawlings for pres? I'll second that.
09:56 PM on 08/17/07 
User Info.
elemenohpe
Two pumps and a swirl.
Greenville, NC
Male - 29 Years Old
We should see Matt will bring A06 down to the Carolinas.

Matt, you need to come to Carolina in late Oct and play a few shows w/ The Winter Mission and the Chemist VS. the Computer... and possibly Five Cent Wing if Evan would get back to me about it...

It would be ballin' as shit.
09:58 PM on 08/17/07 
User Info.
vandalsandquinn
But we will ne'er be broken hearted
LI, New York
Female
rofl. I love you Matt. Thank you. Lol... Rawlings for pres? I'll second that.
Your song is really catchy, I like it. There's something about it that reminds me of Van Halen's 'Why Can't This Be Love' hahaha
02:44 PM on 08/19/07 
User Info.
mattybobviously
WE DID IT!
Essex, VT
Male - 22 Years Old
The Music of AP Forums Member Comp. Vol. 2: Officially helping males turn in their Vcard.
04:54 PM on 08/22/07 
User Info.
oldwirehands
billionsandbillions / Chris
chicago
Male - 28 Years Old
Verified
This didn't help me get laid at all.
02:53 PM on 08/29/07 
User Info.
jimboj917
Jim!
Cleveland, Ohio
Male - 28 Years Old
this isn't a crappy metal compilation like the last one i downloaded, is it? if so, i'll pass...
03:02 PM on 08/29/07 
User Info.
OveriseFan
is not Oversized...
New Jersey
Male
this isn't a crappy metal compilation like the last one i downloaded, is it? if so, i'll pass...

This is way more poppy/soft than the last one, which had some heavy bands, admittedly.

The last one was good, but this suits my(and presumably your) tastes more.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos