AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Playlist: Best of January 2012

Posted by - 12:38 PM on 01/31/12
We want to make sure you didn't miss any great music that came out last month, so we put together a playlist full of tunes from January that we liked - and hope you'll dig too. It's on Rdio and Spotify. Check it out and feel free to share. Also, if you think there's stuff we missed, let us know in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 61
12:39 PM on 01/31/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
12:42 PM on 01/31/12
imagination
/ignitetheknown
User Info.
So glad First Aid Kit made it on here.
12:48 PM on 01/31/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Most of the stuff I wanted to included wasn't available on Rdio. Lots of good stuff though.
12:50 PM on 01/31/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Anthony Green, Hit The Lights, and Craig Finn were my picks. Also happy to see Enter Shikari and John K Samson on it
01:02 PM on 01/31/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Troubled Coast EP. Band is gonna blow up this year
01:04 PM on 01/31/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Troubled Coast EP. Band is gonna blow up this year
This bro-punk sound isn't passed yet? Thought FYS killed it dead.
01:07 PM on 01/31/12
imagination
/ignitetheknown
User Info.
Anthony Green, Hit The Lights, and Craig Finn were my picks. Also happy to see Enter Shikari and John K Samson on it
just checked that one
dig it hard
01:13 PM on 01/31/12
Michael1002
Attack and Rescue Mikkelles
User Info.
Love Troubled Coast too, but what is bro-punk? Think these guys bring in their own sound with this EP. Love to see them release an album this year.
01:15 PM on 01/31/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
This bro-punk sound isn't passed yet? Thought FYS killed it dead.
I don't think they're bro punk at all. I only see them getting compared to bands like Touché/La Dispute
01:16 PM on 01/31/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I don't think they're bro punk at all. I only see them getting compared to bands like Touché/La Dispute
Unless I clicked the wrong bandcamp link ... it sounds like A Day to Remember needing a throat lozenge.

01:37 PM on 01/31/12
towrope
User Info.
They sound more like Pianos Become the Teeth
01:41 PM on 01/31/12
Michael1002
Attack and Rescue Mikkelles
User Info.
Unless I clicked the wrong bandcamp link ... it sounds like A Day to Remember needing a throat lozenge.

Think this is leaning toward the La Dispute/Toche Amore sound like Zack mentioned. I haven't heard their previous efforts, but heard this was a great leap forward. Hope their album will be a little bit more in that direction.
Back to the list:
Authority Zero is quite catchy and hate Spotify for not having Nada Surf, John K Samson and Craig Finn
01:42 PM on 01/31/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Think this is leaning toward the La Dispute/Toche Amore sound like Zack mentioned. I haven't heard their previous efforts, but heard this was a great leap forward. Hope their album will be a little bit more in that direction.
Back to the list:
Authority Zero is quite catchy and hate Spotify for not having Nada Surf, John K Samson and Craig Finn
Means I'll probably not like it. Haven't really loved anything in that vein since like 2003.
01:43 PM on 01/31/12
nickstetina
User Info.
Nice. Thanks for the playlist, makes it easy though I'm sure Rdio presented some limitations in selection. This is similar to the "Best of 2012 so far" thread, which made me want to make a thread at the end of February for everyone to share their favorites to prevent anything from slipping through the cracks.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos