Username
Password
Line-up Change News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Line-up Change
Inside AP.net

Spencer Pearson Leaves Decoder

Posted by: Jason Tate (02/01/12)
Spencer Pearson of Decoder has left the band.
From the PostIf your not happy with what ever it may be make sure you make the right choice i know i did by leaving and now i feel a million times better, everything happens for a reason.

Submitted by Ohaidere

Update: The band has released the following statement.
MessageWe recently decided to part ways with our vocalist, Spencer Pearson, due to recurring issues with drugs and alcohol that reinforced a lack of effort and poor performance on his behalf. It wasnít easy, but it was necessary. After many long talks to try and get him to clean up his act on and off stage it began to get too out of hand. As a band friendship is first and foremost, but you can only be a friend to someone with those problems for so long until you become apart of the problem by allowing it to continue. After an unprovoked attack by Spencer Pearson towards me that resulted in me getting 27 stitches he swore he would change his ways and it was irresponsible of us to believe him and not help him seek the care he needs. A few days later into the tour the same issues started up and we decided it would be best of he went home. Unfortunately our van ended up breaking down and we had to drop the rest of the tour. We are going to take the time to regroup and reinvent ourselves. When we return we wonít be the same Decoder you are familiar with. With all we have been through together since the formation of this band we know nothing will stop us and we have always remained positive and light-hearted even in the worst of situations. Iíve never known a group of people more positive then these 4 people I share my everyday with. Also, to fill everyone in, Anthony Sepe was a touring guitarist and wasnít on the album and he left to join another band and we love and support him and you should to because he is a great guy. As a band and as friends we are more excited than ever for our future and the future of this band. Expect changes and expect big things

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 82
03:02 PM on 02/01/12
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
Was he the good singer? If so this band is even worse than they were now. If not...well, who cares
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Ugh. He was my favorite part of this band.
DylanPPPP
Noooooooooooch
User Info.
Shame. He had a great voice and it fit perfectly with the band.
03:10 PM on 02/01/12
foleyfrosh14
User Info.
your
03:12 PM on 02/01/12
Ohaidere
User Info.
I'm going to miss his voice in this band, but I guess he's got a solo project in the works.
03:12 PM on 02/01/12
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
grammar nightmare. but this is a bummer.
03:16 PM on 02/01/12
low_rising
Registered Member
User Info.
wtf, why are the these "front men" leaving their bands. Their upcoming album was one of my most anticipated of the year, hopefully they won't quit and become one of rise's "release one album then fall apart" type bands.
03:16 PM on 02/01/12
aradiantsunrise
stuff
User Info.
Maybe he left the band to go back to school to fix those grammar errors.
03:17 PM on 02/01/12
brook183
@brooks_an
User Info.
Holy run-on.
03:17 PM on 02/01/12
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
wow.. this is the worst news iv heard in a wile from this webcite... this sucks.... he was the reason their album was gorgeous..
03:18 PM on 02/01/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
is that the whole post? link doesn't do anything for me.
03:20 PM on 02/01/12
Ohaidere
User Info.
wtf, why are the these "front men" leaving their bands. Their upcoming album was one of my most anticipated of the year, hopefully they won't quit and become one of rise's "release one album then fall apart" type bands.
I am thinking the same thing. I don't want them to end up like Of Machines did.

Although the loss of Spencer's voice is huge, I still think they can recover and push on with their music. Keith is still there and he's a good front man. If they can find someone to compliment him, no matter if it's a deeper voice like a Dustin Kensrue, Dallas Green or high pitch like Spencer's it doesn't matter. I just pray they don't fall apart.
03:21 PM on 02/01/12
Ohaidere
User Info.
is that the whole post? link doesn't do anything for me.
Yeah that's the whole post on him leaving. He went on to say in the comments that he doesn't know what they're up to now and wishes the best for them.
03:21 PM on 02/01/12
cwhit412
User Info.
Ah fuck this. There kills my anticipation for any future material
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles