Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
06:23 PM on 02/09/12
dokool
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Okay, so you're the closed-minded one. Good to know.

I've shot HEY-SMITH several times and their second album (FREE YOUR MIND) is a classic. They're a national treasure; you guys will love'm in the US.
08:01 PM on 02/09/12
dokool
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Song that's streaming sounds like Less Than Jake so much that I can't even tell it's not in English sometimes.

They do sing in (admittedly not so good) English in most (actually maybe all) of their tracks. I know this may come as a big shock to you, but not all Japanese bands sing in Japanese

There are plenty of close-minded folk here on absolutepunk, if you haven't noticed. You shouldn't be surprised.

I'm new here; my friend in the US linked me to the thread to tell me about this and I wanted to come on and tell you guys what a fantastic band HEY-SMITH are. Pray they do a US tour because they're one of the best live bands in the punk scene here right now.
11:14 PM on 02/09/12
dokool
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
haha i haven't even really noticed. only listened to the record about four times actually. i work for the label that's distroing the record.
It's actually kinda disappointing you guys didn't pick up FREE YOUR MIND as well but I assume that will come later? You should check out the music video for Endless Sorrow.

And hey, if you need a guy on the ground in Japan let me know - I shoot in mostly the punk/hardcore scene here (plus do lots of English supervision work) so I can name a dozen other bands as great as HS.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests