Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 103
06:54 AM on 02/10/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This was handled extremely well.
It's a shame, because Shay was the most interesting part of the band. However, as much hate as Carlisle receives, the guy is a hell of a frontman, and sure knows how to get kids behind him.
Wonder who they'll tab to replace him - it'll make or break the band.
06:56 AM on 02/10/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dallas Green didn't not leave or get kicked out due to drug issues..Had a different taste in music and formed City and Colour..get facts right before you imply something like that
Pretty sure everyone here knows Dallas Green didn't leave AOF due to drugs, including the poster you're referring to.

Also, this is just a personal pet peeve of mine, but I hate when non-active users (i.e. users without avatars, users with very few posts), come on and criticize people. It's especially bad when you're anonymous AND wrong.
06:59 AM on 02/10/12
xerickx24
Shots Fired
User Info.
gonna miss shays vocals, he killed it on both records. He gives product of a murder such umpht
07:04 AM on 02/10/12
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
He was the only redeemable quality of that band.
07:11 AM on 02/10/12
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
Except DGD got exponentially better after Jonny left. Unless you're referring to Kurt.

This is obviously not the place to discuss this, but I've heard this sentiment over and over and over again. I like Kurt, he seems like a very nice guy. But vocally, he isn't even in the same ballpark as Jonny Craig. He simply is not. This idea held by a small minority of people is a product of a strong dislike (certainly founded) of Craig's personality. But to assert that DGD got better after Craig left the band and Travis joined, is preposterous.
07:18 AM on 02/10/12
COREhorizon
Get Free
User Info.
He was the only redeemable quality of that band.(And they never even had any redeemable qualities)

Fixed
07:18 AM on 02/10/12
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
User Info.
They should break up cause Shayley was a big part of their sound.
07:20 AM on 02/10/12
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Get out of there Tino!!!
07:26 AM on 02/10/12
ChaseTx
This is obviously not the place to discuss this, but I've heard this sentiment over and over and over again. I like Kurt, he seems like a very nice guy. But vocally, he isn't even in the same ballpark as Jonny Craig. He simply is not. This idea held by a small minority of people is a product of a strong dislike (certainly founded) of Craig's personality. But to assert that DGD got better after Craig left the band and Travis joined, is preposterous.
Actually it's the more common consensus among actual music fans. Casual listeners usually are the ones to say Jonny is better. I'll concede that Jonny has more outright vocal skill, but he sings without much passion, which Kurt has in abundance. Who honestly thinks DBM 1 or 2 is better in any way than the s/t or Happiness? Kurt's emotional lyrics and delivery gave the band direction. Jonny's lack of lyrical skill and emotion renders him just another instrument, making those two albums a display of aimless (though talented) musical expression with little explicit meaning.

But, yeah, off-topic.
07:28 AM on 02/10/12
marsvoltamcr
Registered Member
User Info.
why do Risecore bands usually go through lineup changes so much? I have a hard time respecting these bands as artists when they have a different lineup every few months.
07:31 AM on 02/10/12
seanthethief
User Info.
not a fan of this band, but drugs suck. Who wants to get all FSU with me and go destroy some drug dealers?
07:32 AM on 02/10/12
Ohaidere
User Info.
When he gets healthy he should just reform Covette. Better off with being the only voice.

EDIT: As much as I really don't like Shayley (because of what hes been trying to do with my friend) I respect this decision to get healthy. It's a lot more admirable to admit a problem then to hide it and hurt many people.
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
Actually it's the more common consensus among actual music fans. Casual listeners usually are the ones to say Jonny is better. I'll concede that Jonny has more outright vocal skill, but he sings without much passion, which Kurt has in abundance. Who honestly thinks DBM 1 or 2 is better in any way than the s/t or Happiness? Kurt's emotional lyrics and delivery gave the band direction. Jonny's lack of lyrical skill and emotion renders him just another instrument, making those two albums a display of aimless (though talented) musical expression with little explicit meaning.

But, yeah, off-topic.
I strongly disagree with your evaluation of who DGD fans prefer at lead. There is a reason why DGD's third album bombed (and the group dismissed Travis then after) and the fourth album was a success. Although Craig does seem dispassionate at times (particularly on DTBM2), you can't possibly stand by that statement when listening to the first album and the EP. Lyrically, yes, Craig blows. But Travis isn't that much better. Consider this,

Quote:
Oh girl touch me; pop a little some of that bubbly
Don't you need me? And I need some of that body
Oh girl touch me; pop a little some of that bubbly
Don't you need me? And I need some of that body

Not exactly introspective, wouldn't you agree?

You can have the last word, because as you said, this isn't the place for this debate.
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Let's see where they go now. Shayley was a huge part of their band.
07:35 AM on 02/10/12
Ohaidere
User Info.

But, yeah, off-topic.
Wasn't the self-titled already written, lyrically, before Kurt got there? and I think DBM1 is the best album to date for DGD. It's all preference really, but I respect your opinion.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos