Password

Album Review
Finding Windemere - My Getaway Album Cover

Finding Windemere - My Getaway

Reviewed by
Finding Windemere - My Getaway
Record Label: Standby Records
Release Date: May 9, 2006
This review is a user submitted review from speakhandsforme. You can see all of speakhandsforme's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
03:01 AM on 09/02/07
TKTKrob
!
User Info.
in no way, shape, or form does this band deserve a 90% on this album...
06:50 AM on 09/02/07
punchkid
User Info.
these guys were one of the best "unknown" talents that I've seen / heard. The CD doesn't give their live show justice - listen to their demo on their myspace that Joey Sturgis did, its sooooo good. The CD / song writing / vocals is amazing minus the studio production. But you'll get over that once you catch on to this CD. Miss these guys <3
07:40 AM on 09/02/07
boykosaurus
---
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
interesting review...I'll check em out
11:08 AM on 09/02/07
speakhandsforme
no shame in impulse
User Info.
Yeah, but....the band you sing for is, well, god awful. Please don't think this is the only reason I find your opinion below the norm of credibility. How about we try to project an actual reinforced belief instead of simply posting an ignorant statement that contradicts a pretty thought-out review on my part.
01:15 PM on 09/02/07
danceXcore
User Info.

hate to break u the news bud.. but um ur absolutely fucking retarded. This cd is in my top 10 cds of all time. these guys are my friends and im a huge fan of what they did. and what they did was bring back real music to a scene of screaming, chugging fagget kids that just bought squire strat paks and call themselves metal.

f-dub was one of the best things to happen to the dayton scene and if given the right opportunities would have blown the eff up in the music scene in general.
12:38 AM on 09/03/07
TKTKrob
!
User Info.
Yeah, but....the band you sing for is, well, god awful. Please don't think this is the only reason I find your opinion below the norm of credibility. How about we try to project an actual reinforced belief instead of simply posting an ignorant statement that contradicts a pretty thought-out review on my part.
Honestly, that was completely unnecessary. I never said the band or album wasn't good. However, 90% is an incredibly high rating for an album that ranks well lower than other 90% or higher rated albums on AP. Also, my album nor band is being reviewed, therefore it is completely fair to say that your "opinion is below the norm of credibility" because there is no link between my band and the album being reviewed. There is a comment box feature on album reviews for a reason. If I want to give a one sentence comment in response to an album review, I shouldn't have to justify my band or myself in any way.
12:50 AM on 09/03/07
TKTKrob
!
User Info.
hate to break u the news bud.. but um ur absolutely fucking retarded. This cd is in my top 10 cds of all time. these guys are my friends and im a huge fan of what they did. and what they did was bring back real music to a scene of screaming, chugging fagget kids that just bought squire strat paks and call themselves metal.

f-dub was one of the best things to happen to the dayton scene and if given the right opportunities would have blown the eff up in the music scene in general.
Thanks for the news, bud, but I think it's "fucking retarded" to attack somebody because of their opinion on a certain album. Just because this CD ranks in "your top 10 cds of all time" doesn't justify a 90% rating on an album. Personally, I think this CD is a good album, which is why this is fucked up. My opinion is that this album is a decent album that would rank more around an 80% because the music is nothing revolutionary. It is not music that will change the industry or influence countless bands. It's well produced pop-rock that is easy on the ears and done well.

On another note, I agree that it is nice to hear some music that isn't cookie cutter scene hardcore. However, describing kids who play cookie cutter hardcore "screaming, chugging ******s" is fucking retarded. Your point would have made just as much sense and would've looked a hell of a lot more intelligent if you simply wrote "this band brought diversity to a scene filled of cliche hardcore".
10:53 AM on 09/03/07
speakhandsforme
no shame in impulse
User Info.
Honestly, that was completely unnecessary. I never said the band or album wasn't good. However, 90% is an incredibly high rating for an album that ranks well lower than other 90% or higher rated albums on AP. Also, my album nor band is being reviewed, therefore it is completely fair to say that your "opinion is below the norm of credibility" because there is no link between my band and the album being reviewed. There is a comment box feature on album reviews for a reason. If I want to give a one sentence comment in response to an album review, I shouldn't have to justify my band or myself in any way.
I am guessing you are the one responsible for the 0.25 ratings across the board? I hope you've realized that you being an asshole lends reason to other people to be assholes too. Don't get your panties in a bunch when some of them are better at it than you.
06:16 PM on 09/03/07
TKTKrob
!
User Info.
I am guessing you are the one responsible for the 0.25 ratings across the board? I hope you've realized that you being an asshole lends reason to other people to be assholes too. Don't get your panties in a bunch when some of them are better at it than you.
I didn't rate this album at all and you suck. I'm too lazy to argue with you, so take your profanity and go attack someone else's opinion.
09:15 PM on 09/09/07
theshareef
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's fuuuun, catchy and shit. The cheesy riffs would be pretty sweet live in a small venue. On the minus the vox sound like a cross between CIWWAF and those sort of pop-generic styled tenors. It'd definately be killer live, I have to admit, but I'm not sure it's not a 90% effort man.

Also, I've never heard the other dude's band but discrediting him because they suck is pretty silly. Roger Ebert is a man of class and taste but I bet he can't direct or act on the level of the people he critiques.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos