Username
Password
The Audition News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Audition
Inside AP.net

Tour Blog: Danny from The Audition

Posted by: Jason Tate (02/17/12)
Our friends from The Audition have checked in from the road.
Tour BlogAfter taking almost a year and a half off of touring, we decided to start anew, begin again, turn the page, start a new chapter. Which is why over the past year and a half, while working on our new EP for countless hours upon countless days and weeks, we decided to name this EP "Chapter II". We feel this is a fresh start for us after being tied down to things and people that we felt were on completely different pages than we had/have in regard to where we wanted our career to take us. This EP is more to me than just releasing another collection of songs to the world. Its more so about us taking the reigns of our future, of our own lives and taking it as far as we want it to go. These songs are a reflection of a "break-free" from everyone and everything that has ever held us back. I honestly couldn't be more insanely proud of these collection of songs and can't wait to share them with people on a nightly basis, whether it be from playing songs on tour or from someone on another continent driving around with their friends in their car, blaring these songs from their speakers and feeling the words and the music. I want the people that have followed us for years to feel and be a part of this fresh start with us, and for the new comers, welcome! It's going to be a wild ride, people!

And the wild ride started a few days ago in Cleveland, Ohio when we started tour with Every Avenue, We Are The In Crowd, Plug In Stereo and Simple As Surgery! We couldn't be more excited to start this new chapter with these bands! The first few shows have been outstanding and its amazing to see our fans and friends still coming out after all of these years and all of the time off we took to support us!

-Danny

Photo Blog

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 30.
12:55 PM on 02/17/12
George_mm
You bred raptors?
User Info.
Seems pretty honest and cool. Don't Be So Hard will always be my favorite song from them.
01:09 PM on 02/17/12
Sandie-Jenkins
Ignore the chiodos SN, this is old.
User Info.
Love this band.
01:41 PM on 02/17/12
supkayte
my name is trouble.
User Info.
saw them last night, absolutely flawlessssssss.
01:47 PM on 02/17/12
schenksta
Derp.
User Info.
Awesome band. I consider "Self-Titled Album" one of the more underrated albums out there.
02:32 PM on 02/17/12
hiya
User Info.
I love how sincere he is. so bummed I couldn't make it to their show last night.
02:44 PM on 02/17/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
Seems pretty honest and cool. Don't Be So Hard will always be my favorite song from them.
I CANT I CANT! I wonder what their setlist is like.
03:23 PM on 02/17/12
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
I CANT I CANT! I wonder what their setlist is like.

There's probably going to be a few more Champion songs now that they have their original bassist back. They're usually really good set list wis.
03:39 PM on 02/17/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Just listened to their first record last week, had been way too long. I remember when my friend tried out for them way back when, such a flashback.
03:47 PM on 02/17/12
Meeze
PropertyOfZack.com
User Info.
Consistently enjoyable pop music. Chapter 2 is going to be a fun chapter for The Audition.
04:06 PM on 02/17/12
volcomsk8rRoB
a work in progress
User Info.
hells yeah danny! i can't get enough of the new EP. ridiculously amazing!
i'm really look'n forward to seein you guys when you swing through here too & pick myself up a physical copy of Chapter II =D
you guys just never cease to amaze
04:10 PM on 02/17/12
sammyboy516
User Info.
I've always loved their singer's voice and I love how honest he was in that blog. I'll be sure to finally get around to making my way through their discography this week.
05:24 PM on 02/17/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I was kinda disappointed with the new EP. Glad they are back though.
05:41 PM on 02/17/12
jusscali
EMO REVIVAL IS FOR BITCHES
User Info.
Respect. New EP has its moments, for sure.
06:17 PM on 02/17/12
stubbie25
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Speaking of this EP, i'm still waiting for my copy of the All In Your Head EP they released on their webstore a couple of years ago. Anybody have this same problem, or ordered a copy and received it?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS