Username
Password
No Sleep Records News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 40 of 40.
11:39 AM on 02/21/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
haha, don't worry. I submitted this as soon as it went up yesterday night! I've been watching it repeatedly. Just get kind of choked up when I start thinking about this whole thing. It was nice to hear they left my shout-out in within the first 4 minutes

I'm still sort of confused at how Patrick has become known as the Culpa nut around here, although maybe it's a good thing I'm not known as the insane one anymore . I must have missed something because I haven't seen him active about Culpa on this site until after they announced their breakup. But then again, I post more in the forums themselves and don't post much in the News comments, such as in this thread, so I probably missed a lot of his activity.
Love him though and would easily cry w/ him for hours over Culpa. If he was a female, I would probably break up with my girlfriend for him.

It's been so nice to see people on this site develop such a love for this band, when years ago I would just bump my own threads 10x before I even got a comment. Seriously thankful for a lot of the friends (including you, Casey) I've made on this site for helping spread the word about them, and for the staff in helping me get an exclusive stream of SYR when it came out (I heart you Eda!).

I miss them. Band played a huge part in my life and has been a motivation for a lot of the things I do. Strange how music can do that to you, but I honestly felt like I lost a part of me when they announced their break up.

Lol I think it mainly ha to do with the fact that I'm friends with Thomas and jack and I talk about Felix a lot with them. To be fair, I didn't post anywhere other then the wonder years thread about anything until they broke up really. You're definitely a bigger fan and probably the biggest I know. Love the band a ton and listened to them right around junior year of high school in Rockford which was in between the release of Comittment and SYR. I just unfortunately either because of money or school shit couldn't get to a show like forever. It became a bit o a curse or me that whenever a show would happen, some shit would come up haha. Also, it'd be my honor to cry with you sometime over their music haha.
11:40 AM on 02/21/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Don't worry, Kevin. Everybody knows you're the genuine Culpa nut, and this Patrick guy is merely a pretender to the throne.

Hey man.... </3
11:46 AM on 02/21/12
tottivillarossi
these pretzels are makin me thirsty
User Info.
I'm just playyyying <3
12:08 PM on 02/21/12
kemichels
I drove through ghosts to get here.
User Info.
Lol I think it mainly ha to do with the fact that I'm friends with Thomas and jack and I talk about Felix a lot with them. To be fair, I didn't post anywhere other then the wonder years thread about anything until they broke up really. You're definitely a bigger fan and probably the biggest I know. Love the band a ton and listened to them right around junior year of high school in Rockford which was in between the release of Comittment and SYR. I just unfortunately either because of money or school shit couldn't get to a show like forever. It became a bit o a curse or me that whenever a show would happen, some shit would come up haha. Also, it'd be my honor to cry with you sometime over their music haha.

Haha i didnt mean it to come off like that. No jealousy over parading around and spreading the word about some incredible music ! :). Its nice to have someone on this site that adores them as much as i do, and to still spread the word even though they are gone. Thats awesome youve been following them for so long. Sucks you didnt see a show until their end, but still great you finally got to see them! Next time im near Chicago we need to grab a beer and reminisce. And cry, lol
12:17 PM on 02/21/12
Amory10
User Info.
I really enjoyed watching this. Glad I was able to make it to that final show.
Really gonna miss them.
01:36 PM on 02/21/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Haha cool <3
01:38 PM on 02/21/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Haha i didnt mean it to come off like that. No jealousy over parading around and spreading the word about some incredible music ! :). Its nice to have someone on this site that adores them as much as i do, and to still spread the word even though they are gone. Thats awesome youve been following them for so long. Sucks you didnt see a show until their end, but still great you finally got to see them! Next time im near Chicago we need to grab a beer and reminisce. And cry, lol
Hahaha...That sounds good but unfortunately I just moved to Florida in January to work at Paper + Plastick. Of course, right before Cut Teeth starts playing. Whatever.
01:41 PM on 02/21/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Also kinda related. Kevin, what'd you think of Sainthood? I know Evan and Jake didn't like them but their children so they don't really know anything!
02:24 PM on 02/21/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
So do we get to see Pat sobbing at their last show in the documentary?

I legitimately think I saw him in the crowd, in the only crowd shot of the video!

Yeah, I'm in the part with the camera panning at like the 2:38-2:40 mark. Almost didn't recognize myself without the beard but the beanie gave it away.

Edit: Yeah, I count 6 phaynes sightings, most of them coming in the last few minutes. Guess kemichels and sophgod beat me lol. God damn having tinnitus and having that prevent me from being in the front row for shows.
05:33 PM on 02/21/12
St. James St.
User Info.
Could not be more grateful that I got into this band at such a young age. Seeing them at the 8th Note in Milwaukee when I was a freshman in high school shaped my musical tastes forever in the best way. They are THE nicest guys and I wish them all the luck in the world.

Play numbers!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums