Username
Password

Album Review - Page 14
Displaying posts 195 - 210 of 230.
02:36 PM on 03/01/12
geebee889
Registered Goober
User Info.
Such a great album deserves a great review like this. I love it.
05:05 AM on 03/03/12
ParkAvenue
Death Before Decaf
User Info.
Loved the comparisons to Kanye. I can totally see this as fun.'s version of MBDTF.
10:42 PM on 03/03/12
BlinkAvAfan21
She calls it a mayonegg.
User Info.
Seriously I don't like that album as much as other people on this site. I mean Some Nights and its intro are the best songs I've heard this year, but the rest minus few songs it's far inferior to Aim and Ignite.
11:00 PM on 03/03/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
This album is disappointing... 5/10
half to agree
01:47 AM on 03/04/12
DeathOrGlory
I'm not fucked, not quite
User Info.
2.5 seems a bit harsh don't you think?
07:39 AM on 03/04/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
2.5 seems a bit harsh don't you think?
eh I guess. I would give it a 6-7 out of 10 to be fair. I actually think the album has its good moments and I am sure some view it as a good album but it was just a letdown for me
08:49 AM on 03/04/12
DeathOrGlory
I'm not fucked, not quite
User Info.
eh I guess. I would give it a 6-7 out of 10 to be fair. I actually think the album has its good moments and I am sure some view it as a good album but it was just a letdown for me
I was just messing with you because you said 'half to agree' when he said the album was 5/10 haha. Don't mind me. The cane already yanked me off the stage. Wakka wakka.
09:52 AM on 03/04/12
stonecoldfox
You can't afford to live like this
User Info.
Even though I wish Nate would come out with a ridiculous, over-the-top, theatrical album in the vein of the intro. That's the album I want them to make, and this is the album they clearly wanted to make...and that's fine, I love this album. If people don't like it, in my opinion they're missing out, I enjoy it and that's what matters to me.
09:17 PM on 03/06/12
newfoundmichael
@SirDaveyBoy
User Info.
No mention of Nate's darker lyrics? Good review, but I thought that was what separated this album from Aim & Ignite more than the music itself.
10:47 PM on 03/06/12
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
User Info.
Oh God, We Are Young might be my senior class song. The hipster in me is dying little by little...
09:17 PM on 03/09/12
Micklovin
User Info.
Finally got around to checking this band out. What an awesome album. Can already see it being one of my fav albums of the year. It Gets Better & Stars are the only tracks I don't like. But I reeeeeeally don't like them. The other 8 tracks are incredible. Love it.

I hadn't even heard We Are Young, then after hearing the album I heard it like 3 times on the radio the next day haha. #WhyIDontListenToRadio
03:53 PM on 03/13/12
navidson
User Info.
Not a bad album - Not a patch on Aim and Ignite though IMO. There doesnt really seem to be any light and shade within it, just constant fluorescent yellow. Considering they seem to have gone out of their way to craft an out-and-out pop album, they isn't anything on here as perfectly judged and playful as 'Walking the Dog'.

As an experiment in pop music by an esteemed indie vocalist, I'd actually rate this as less of a success than 'My Blood is Full of Airplanes' by The Cinema - That's a far superior record to me.
12:51 AM on 04/08/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Listened to it again after a good while of purposely not listening to it (first few times did not enjoy). I think it is better now than when I heard it at first but Stars is one of the worst songs I have ever heard that was meant to be taken seriously. It might be the worst song in this genre. Besides that some of the album is really addictive. It is not a great album by no means and hardly deserves all the praise it gets in comparison to what the band could do (and has done) but I guess it is worth picking up as long as the store I get it at is having a sale.
09:31 AM on 04/08/12
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
User Info.
Listened to it again after a good while of purposely not listening to it (first few times did not enjoy). I think it is better now than when I heard it at first but Stars is one of the worst songs I have ever heard that was meant to be taken seriously. It might be the worst song in this genre. Besides that some of the album is really addictive. It is not a great album by no means and hardly deserves all the praise it gets in comparison to what the band could do (and has done) but I guess it is worth picking up as long as the store I get it at is having a sale.
Haha I wouldn't really go that far, but I do think it has an awesome intro and then just becomes a boring, auto-tuned mess. Most disappointing song I've heard in a while, that's for sure
09:35 AM on 04/08/12
*crying stars*
... are you crazy?
User Info.
I like Stars.
Favorite is probably Out on the Town
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives