We spent a really long time figuring out what we wanted to name our band. After months of brainstorming for our perfect name, our manager came up with Famous Last Words, and we knew that that was the one.
2. How did this band get started?
I started this band when I was 15. We have gone through numerous members, and two name changes since we started, but we finally have a lineup now that works for us and we couldn't be happier.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
All of us come from different roots of music including, punk, metal, classic rock, post hardcore and more, so we are influenced by many different bands from different genres such as Rise Against, The Devil Wears Prada, Black Sabbath, Asking Alexandria and the list goes on.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Touring with The Used would be a real experience. They are one of the founders of our genre today and throw a hell of a show.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
On tour expect to eat a ton of pizza and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. It's cheap, easy, and fast. Gotta love it!
6. Why should people listen to your band?
If you want to hear some catchy ass vocal melodies, some brutal breakdowns, thrown together in a solid structure with powerful lyrics and a good beat, then you should probably go check out our music.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Kobe Bryant. Maybe if I had his talent and fame, I could use it without being a total douche.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I would have to thank my parents first of all for all the help and support They have given me and the band over the years. 2nd would have to be our managers at Outerloop Management and Nick at InVogue Records. 3rd would have to be all our friends and family and all the fans, old and new, who continue to support us. We would be nothing without all of you.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Music industry I feel is slowly straying away from actual art itself. As long as we can all remember why we started this business, I would be happy. The music industry should be about the music, and the fans.
10. Memorable tour experience?
There was a time when we were on Tour sleeping in our van, hadn't taken showers in days and we had no food or money. All we had to eat was peanut butter and squeezable jelly. No bread. But we did have beer, "liquid bread" so it was all good.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Absolutepunk.net is an awesome way to stay updated on today's bands. New bands, new music, new videos, reviews, and so much more.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
My favorite song to play live is "This Isn't Blackmail This Is War". That song has a lot of energy and a kick ass breakdown in the middle that gets my heart pumping everytime.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I've always wanted to go to Europe. I think that would be amazing being in such a different culture and setting. But if not that, anywhere I can chill on the beach and relax.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Ironically enough when I think of my childhood, I think of My Chemical Romance's album, Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge. That was such a life changing album for me and is what initially got me started playing music.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I would want to be able to fly. Three words: FUCK GAS PRICES!
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
I always warm up my vocals and stretch before I go on stage. Chug down a beer for some liquid confidence, then I'm ready to go.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
A lot of fans don't know I have a daughter. Having a family and touring is never easy. But she loves our music and loves me even more, so I'm happy.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Whenever I turn the radio on these days I usually hear a pop song with a constant club beat. It's catchy sure, but I could never see us on there. Maybe someday though!
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Love watching cartoons. Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, Futurama, American Dad. All good stuff.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I am exceptionally good at math, which most people wouldn't expect from me. But it definitely helps when it comes to the business aspects of the industry.