Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts.
12:10 AM on 03/03/12
NotEmo.JustMe
Compulsive Night Owl
User Info.
I want to punch in the face whoever would go up to him at one of his solo shows and tell him anything he did was crap. (Violence is never the answer, but that emotion gets invoked sometimes...)

I didn't get into FOB until 2005 after FUCT came out but when I heard 'Sugar' and 'Dance Dance' on the radio I was instantly hooked. Those were the only 2 FOB songs I had on my mp3 player for a while and I'd listen to them over and over and over and over again because I loved the way the songs made me feel. Once I got their entire album I locked myself in my room and read the lyrics with the first listen; I can still remember doing that to this day. For my birthday the next year my brother got me TTTYG and that was all I listened to for the longest time (Saturday is my favorite FOB song ever). When 'Infinity on High' came out I don't think any other CD came near my stereo for a solid two months and right before it came out was when I went to my first FOB show. Folie A Deux was and IS such a good album. I know they got a lot of hate for changing their style (sort of) but I loved it!

I love everything this band has ever done. When I got an M&G with them (albeit a very brief one that didn't allow anything but a signature) I was beside myself with insane joy. Seeing them perform was like a double dose of adrenaline and when they played 'Thriller' and said 'this one's for all the die hards' I was jumping around and singing as loud as I could because that song evokes such behavior from me (every time I listen to this song I think about that performance).

People who are coming down on Patrick or Fall Out Boy (in general) are just mad that the band they liked changed their style and got more popular. If they'd kept making TTTYG over and over again those same 'fans' would have gotten bored with them; you change as you grow and get older, it's no different in music.

I wish I could shake Patrick or give him a gargantuan hug just to let him know how much I appreciate all of his music. I haven't given 'Soul Punk' the amount of listens it deserves, but I have a crazy amount of respect for him because he played every single instrument on those tracks (if I remember correctly??). He is probably one of the most talented musicians to grace the music industry in a good long while. Everyone who tells him otherwise can go turn on the mainstream radio station and fill your head with crappy musical nonsense.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests