Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 26 posts
12:10 AM on 02/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
easy, killer. because i've defended him for his entire career from people who said that he was what he has now become.
He does not need you to defend him. He is an artist releasing music he feels is right. If you like it congratulations. If not well than sorry. Do I think Soul Punk is the greatest thing ever...no but I don't hate it nor do I think it is of any less value to Patrick Stump than any fall out boy album. Stop trying to act like he owes you something or he became something. He choose to explore new ventures of music and if that is not to your liking than so be it. Don't jump at the throat of an artist doing what he choose. Soul Punk is not a product of the mainstream but a product of a man who enjoys pop and wanted to show the world how its done. Patrick Stump is one of my favorite musicians. I love every fall out boy album and parts of Soul Punk. He could write a straight up hip hop or country record and I would still respect him even if I did not listen to the albums. A real artist owes nothing to anyone but him or herself.
12:22 AM on 02/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
great, and i think it's a piece of shit. you're really just dealing with semantics here. it pisses me off that he made a fucking terrible album. that's it. sorry if that makes you butthurt for him.
You may not like it and may be all butt hurt but that does not make him less of an artist. He did a solo project purposely separate from the Fall Out Boy name. It actually was rather successful and he worked hard on it. You call it a piece of shit and I say that nobody really cares. If it pisses you off that he did not make an album you like than you need to re-read this statement because you are a prime example of why a talented man like Patrick Stump wakes up depressed sometimes. You can dislike an album and still respect the artist. Not everything requires being a kid.
03:58 AM on 02/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
no, of course not. but i do speak frankly to my friends and in forums, where the whole point is to voice your opinion. i don't think what i said was unnecessary. that album is an embarrassment [IMO]. i have lost a lot of respect for him. it's great and wonderful that he does what he wants (although i think that's kind of expected and not a particularly admirable virtue, unlike others here), but the music that he "wants" to make is throwaway pop garbage. i don't know if i actually have any respect for him anymore if he truly thinks that the music he's making as a solo artist is praiseworthy and not throwaway pop garbage. i'm sure the nickelback guys think their songs are wonderful, but that doesn't mean that anyone here has any extra respect for them or holds back on their negativity, and i honestly would put soul punk in the same realm as nickelback.
You may call it pop garbage but you gotta accept some people like other music than you. One thing that is impressive is that he did every instrumental for that album. He even learned new instruments I hear. It is just not your piece of cake and that does not make it terrible. I don't like kanye west at all but I will say his last album was probably a good album for those who do like him. You think so narrow minded. You are allowed to dislike an album but to bluntly call something garbage and loose respect for the artist is stupid. There are people who enjoy more than just scene music.

Apparently I am about the same age as you so it is sad that people my age can feel so entitled. I would expect this from a young teenager and even more so children. You act as if he personally owes you something. You don't like it therefore it is terrible. I am not even a fan of Soul Punk and I can respect the man for doing what he wanted to do. How can you really be 20 years old and have the common sense of a 10 year old?
04:08 AM on 02/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Honestly whether or not Fall Out Boy returns or he continues his solo work I just hope he keeps making music as long as it makes him happy. There are definitely some songs on Soul Punk I can dig and why I am a big Fall Out Boy fan I agree with the statements they only got better. Take This To Your Grave may be one of the best Pop Punk albums but Folie a Duex is one of the best pop rock albums in the last decade hands down.
05:28 AM on 02/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
If someone told me they liked me better when I was fat I would knock them outside their head. Not liking his music is one thing despite how rude some of the fans he has mentioned were but to wish someone be fat is insane. Loosing weight is not an easy task so that is just something else this man excels at. As much as I think Folie could be my favorite album of all time (It literally is an album I can never grow old of) I think Patrick has his life more in check these days. If Fall Out Boy ever does make a reunion I hope he brings with him the confidence that lead to Soul Punk. It was not exactly my thing but to make a pop album like that stand out so much and all the effort he put into it. I would love to have a FOB album booming with that much confidence and the lyrical strengths of both Pete and Patrick. I bet the follow up to Folie could be near god damn perfect if they pushed the bar a little further up.
05:53 AM on 02/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
eWhat a shitty way to start my morning, hearing that the lead singer of my favorite band has gone through so much shit that he's considering leaving the music industry.

And I can't speak for other cities but the three times I saw Stump solo in Chicago it seemed like the crowds loved him, but that's just one audience member's view.

As much as it crushes me to say this, if the tradeoff was Patrick never sings another TTTYG song but he keeps making music for the next 20 years, I'd take it in a heartbeat.
I honestly love all their albums so as much as I would love to hear TTTYG songs I would be alright if they did not play them considering that was the trade off like you said. Hell I would go to a set of just Folie songs imo. I loved each record they released differently. They all came at a good time but also lasted very well. I did not like Infinity On High for a while after it came out but that grew on me quick. I can say without a shadow of a doubt Folie is my personal favorite. I can't believe people disrespected him and that album. I would do anything to see them live for any song of any album and people who have had the chance have had the audacity to act that way. Worst kinds of fans.
09:21 AM on 02/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I just hope if and when he decideds to get Fall Out Boy back together, it's because it's where his heart is, not just for cash.
No matter what I know his heart will be in it. He is a real artist but at the same time he has expressed a lot that he would love to get the band back together. He is waiting on Pete atm it seems. Pete really should at least consider it a bit more because Black Cards is not really going anywhere (no offense to him). It is a cool for him to explore a side project but I know if I had music talent I would continue writing awesome lyrics and meeting fans around the world. Money or not touring sounds fun. I hope one day they will miss enough to do it again.
09:37 AM on 02/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
holy shit that was pathetic.

LOL @ not wanting to be that emo guy while writing a long internet blog about his "woe is me" self pity and his feelings. Doesn't get more emo guy than that
He is a talented artist. Fuck the whole emo bullshit. I don't care if someone is freaking emo or whatever. The dude can sing and works very hard on music. This is not a depressing message because he conforms to some dumb stereotype. The man poured a lot of work, money, and talent into albums that ignorant fans wrote off because they were not the safety zone records. Folie a Duex was by far Fall Out Boy's best album and while I am not even that familiar with Soul Punk besides a few songs which I kinda like nobody deserves to be scrutinized for wanting to express themselves of welcome change. I mean if someone told you that they liked you better when you were fat would you like that. Would you want your entire life's work being critically compared to something you did as a kid. The man is talented and the ignorant part of Fall Out Boy's fanbase are a bunch of entitled kids.

This is one of the reasons I think Fall Out Boy sometimes gets a bad name. Some of their fans are just ignorant and stupid. That does not apply to everyone but the people will bash FOB without hearing them after seeing the hot topic scene shaping some of their fans.
09:43 AM on 02/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Let me go write a blog about how much you don't like my opinion and how insufficient my education is to your standards.

Oh wait, i'm not Patrick Stump. I don't give a fuck what anybody on the internet says about me.]
get cancer
09:55 AM on 02/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
People loved Taproot once. T.I. was once the most popular rapper in the world. Times change, kids (who are the majority of consumers) grow up.People don't have a responsibility to continue supporting something or someone forever just because it was popular once. Fall Out Boy had a pretty great run, he made millions of dollars, played sold out arenas, was able to travel the world, and got to experience a ton of things most never will because of it. Yes, it must be terrible getting mean letters and hecklers, but what he doesn't mention were the tons of girls willing to bang him and the ton of fan positivie letters and feedback that also comes with that same territory.

If he can't just be happy with his accomplishments and move on to the next phase of his, that sucks for him I guess, I'm sure as hell not going to feel sorry for him and don't think he should be out there begging for sympathy.

I'm sure Cuba Gooding Jr. thought he was going to be a major movie star forever when he won his Oscar, and is sad it didn't pan out that way, but he just working and not begging people who liked Jerry Maguire back in the day to feel sorry for him.
ok...but that does make it right for people to be dicks. FOB and maybe Patrick have already peaked as far as commercial success goes but the dude is young and talented. He is not going to just die off because his band is not on top of the world. The problem is that the band's own fans were acting this ignorant. It's easy to sit here and say he is rich and had his run from the computer but in reality he is a hard working artist trying to do his thing. FOB never asked to be famous and the burden of fame is that Patrick will never have that 2nd chance to start small or do something new without comparisons and angry old fans. If Fall Out Boy gets back together I would not care if their records sold well I would just wanna listen to them and go to shows. When Yellowcard got back together that's exactly what I and many others did.
09:59 AM on 02/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Still not going to blog about you saying such hateful and disgusting things.
What important shit have you done in your life to merit it though. You could die tomorrow and what would you have to make of it. I am in college myself and don't have much to say in terms of accomplishments but I don't act like a dick for the sake of being a dick. Patrick has the right post his opinion on these issues. He has made something of himself so good on him.
10:02 AM on 02/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Wow. Super fanboy right here, guys. Watch out!
I will agree I am a fan of the band. I may even agree to fan boy despite never actually seeing the band live. Say what you want about me but I would respect any artist who was really talented and had that kind of backlash for showing artistic freedom. If you wanna give me crap about calling out ignorant people then do so but its no skin off my back. You are winning no points or anything.
10:07 AM on 02/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
You told the dude to get cancer. "Come on, man!"
That was not my only reply... plenty of people have called him out. If am guilty of anything than it is feeding a troll. I mean its no different than a gif that says GTFO. Sorry I ruffled your feathers with a silly comment.
10:12 AM on 02/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
There's a slight difference between "GTFO" and "get cancer"...
mixing it up a bit lol.
10:14 AM on 02/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
You are the one who is fucked up saying "this" to such an idiotic comment.
Sorry I offended you so much Holly Hox. How can I ever repay you and your greatness.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos