Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 14 posts.
06:51 AM on 02/29/12
MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
User Info.
Regardless of my feelings for partick's solo stuff and FOB's output post-FUTCT, I totally see where he is coming from and its heartbreaking. And I still don't understand how FOB ever got classified as an emo band.
06:55 AM on 02/29/12
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
You've been in college for 8 years and you've never heard the word posthumous before? Public education at it's best I guess.
yeah that dude must be living under a rock under an even bigger rock if he hasn't seen that word used before, especially in the context of music
06:57 AM on 02/29/12
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
How do you know I'm not a law student or a med student? Way to take what was a complimentary comment and be a stereotypical ap.net thread douchebag.
but seriously, how have you never heard the word posthumous before? i knew it before i was in college. stop hanging around people who watch jersey shore
06:59 AM on 02/29/12
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
I've grown to really understand that FOB is one of the most tragically under-appreciated bands in the past ten years.

Pretty much everyone around me HATED them, and I just conformed to that mindset until I decided to ACTUALLY check out FUTCT and I fell in love. I just don't understand how people can pass the band off as a "bullshit pop-punk band". There are so many bands that deserve that, but not FOB. I will never understand why they received the hate they did. Maybe because the vulnerable nature of their music, and I'm a heart-on-my-sleeve type of person. I'm not sure.
i never understood the hate either. these are the same people that will turn around and say that the black eyed peas are "talented."
07:00 AM on 02/29/12
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
I didn't think Soul Punk was a bad record. Bummer to hear he didn't get far with it.

I'm still not sure why he doesn't follow Andy, Joe and Pete's lead and try starting a new project. I think the reason he took so much shit (undeservedly) was because he was doing a solo act instead of a new band, and I don't think Andy and Joe face anywhere near the same level of hate in TDT because they're playing in a band.

But, fuck it, they should just do an Arma Angelus reunion.

Completely agreed.
07:16 AM on 02/29/12
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
Folie a Deux is BY far the best Fall Out Boy record on all fucking levels. Infinity on High is great too. Reading this made me pissed off and sad for him.
ok there are way too many people saying this. i was going to refrain from making a comment but nothing beats TTYG and FUTCT. with that being said, im not clamoring for patrick to stop doing solo stuff. i don't like, so i just don't listen to it. when i want to listen to old school FOB, i listen to old school FOB. patrick can do what he wants and he's always good in my book.
07:22 AM on 02/29/12
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
im sorry but he's not the first artist to go through the 'haters' thing. get over it already.

he is too talented to not be making music
just b/c other people have gone through it doesn't make it easier to handle
07:28 AM on 02/29/12
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
I know i'm late for those who need it:

TL; DR -
I'm skinny and people liked me better fat.
My last two albums were panned by critics and fans so I'm taking a break from shows/releases.
I tried acting but I didn't like it which is okay because nobody wanted me for roles. Etc etc.

Edit: UGH, I just have to rant.

This entire thing is just a self loathing pity party.

Another thing...he says something along the lines that he blew his nest egg recording and booking shows...sounds like a personal problem and a lesson in finances. He could have recorded the same record quality wise for half the price in a studio with engineers and producers who are just as good but not as known. That would have been punk as fuck too, but like he says, he's just the singer from that emo band.

Don't worry Pat, you'll never be 17 again but you can sure write dejected blog posts like you are! I mean seriously if this was his attitude when FOB was just getting started they wouldn't have made it very far.

Nobody likes my band so i'll try acting or college or something I enjoy how poetically emo.
go fuck yourself
07:35 AM on 02/29/12
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
holy shit that was pathetic.

LOL @ not wanting to be that emo guy while writing a long internet blog about his "woe is me" self pity and his feelings. Doesn't get more emo guy than that
So I guess expressing your feelings is a crime? That is the crux of what is wrong with the music world and society in general. BTW nobody made you read the blog post, and you also completely missed the point of it. Congrats.
07:36 AM on 02/29/12
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
wait, i'm supposed to feel sympathy for him? really? i love patrick, but this is just insulting, especially when he has the ability, contacts, etc, etc, to do whatever the fuck he wants in the industry. your last album wasn't well received? make a new one! you're tired of fucking fob fans saying you suck? get better security. honestly. oh, i know! HE SHOULD TRY OUT FOR THE VOICE! lol.
Yeah you're a psychic and you totally know his situation. I guess you live in a fantasy world where the music industry isn't extremely fickle and fluctuating.
08:50 AM on 03/01/12
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
no, i live in the real world where my mom has cancer. compared to that, i'd sure as fuck like to be on patrick's end... making music, touring the world, posting pity blogs. such a hard life, especially the part where he says he can live comfortably for x amount of years without having to get a real job. not to mention the royalty checks he'll get till he dies from fob. yea, i. feel. so. much. for. him.
he focus wasn't on his financial difficulty, it was on people's perceptions of him, genius.
08:51 AM on 03/01/12
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
haircuts is what did it and MTV
image has nothing to do with sound
08:52 AM on 03/01/12
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
It's not a crime to express your feelings but seriously who says this:

"I have no interest (and evidently that sentiment is reciprocated) in performing music publicly any time soon"

and isn't just throwing a bitch fit and feeling sorry for themselves?

Also who says this:

"I still have access to enough money to live on in order to avoid bankruptcy for at least a few years as long as I stick to my budget"

and isn't just a huge douche. FIRST. WORLD. PROBLEM. BRO.
yeah but hes obviously feeling uncertain about the future beyond that. and you say first world problems as if you're not also in the first world
08:53 AM on 03/01/12
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
Should I write a self loathing, life hating, first world problems blog about how you just treated me?
wow find something else to say besides "first world problems"
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News