AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Fall Out Boy News - Page 22
Displaying posts 315 - 330 of 509.
08:44 AM on 02/29/12
BurymeWalkAway
User Info.
Let me go write a blog about how much you don't like my opinion and how insufficient my education is to your standards.

Oh wait, i'm not Patrick Stump. I don't give a fuck what anybody on the internet says about me.

I love when people like you have nothing better to do than troll on a message board....
08:45 AM on 02/29/12
ManicanParty49
Rob Carey Peterson
User Info.
Reading this really bummed me out. Fall Out Boy have been my favourite band since the TTTYG days and I still think Folie a Deux is their best record by far. I don't get why more people never grew with them like I did. I can only listen to TTTYG and FUCT because of the nostalgia nowadays, they were capable of writing much better songs and they did. Sucks to hear they actually got booed for it.

Also, Soul Punk had some really good songs. I still love "Allie" just to name one.
this.

Honestly, I think Folie is their best record. Wasn't much a fan of Soul Punk, but to each their own. I wouldn't boo someone for making a record I didn't enjoy. It baffles me that anyone would be so selfish and arrogant to treat another person like this. Patrick doesn't owe those people a damn thing, and no one should be made to feel like this.

/emorant
08:46 AM on 02/29/12
zachff
is Dalton Russell
User Info.
08:48 AM on 02/29/12
PigDestroyer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
He is a talented artist. Fuck the whole emo bullshit. I don't care if someone is freaking emo or whatever. The dude can sing and works very hard on music. This is not a depressing message because he conforms to some dumb stereotype. The man poured a lot of work, money, and talent into albums that ignorant fans wrote off because they were not the safety zone records. Folie a Duex was by far Fall Out Boy's best album and while I am not even that familiar with Soul Punk besides a few songs which I kinda like nobody deserves to be scrutinized for wanting to express themselves of welcome change. I mean if someone told you that they liked you better when you were fat would you like that. Would you want your entire life's work being critically compared to something you did as a kid. The man is talented and the ignorant part of Fall Out Boy's fanbase are a bunch of entitled kids.

This is one of the reasons I think Fall Out Boy sometimes gets a bad name. Some of their fans are just ignorant and stupid. That does not apply to everyone but the people will bash FOB without hearing them after seeing the hot topic scene shaping some of their fans.
People loved Taproot once. T.I. was once the most popular rapper in the world. Times change, kids (who are the majority of consumers) grow up.People don't have a responsibility to continue supporting something or someone forever just because it was popular once. Fall Out Boy had a pretty great run, he made millions of dollars, played sold out arenas, was able to travel the world, and got to experience a ton of things most never will because of it. Yes, it must be terrible getting mean letters and hecklers, but what he doesn't mention were the tons of girls willing to bang him and the ton of fan positivie letters and feedback that also comes with that same territory.

If he can't just be happy with his accomplishments and move on to the next phase of his, that sucks for him I guess, I'm sure as hell not going to feel sorry for him and don't think he should be out there begging for sympathy.

I'm sure Cuba Gooding Jr. thought he was going to be a major movie star forever when he won his Oscar, and is sad it didn't pan out that way, but he just working and not begging people who liked Jerry Maguire back in the day to feel sorry for him.
08:49 AM on 02/29/12
sethstaubs
User Info.
The thought of Patrick not making music upsets me...
08:49 AM on 02/29/12
waitrewindthat
also known as hobbes.
User Info.
Still not going to blog about you saying such hateful and disgusting things.
08:51 AM on 02/29/12
waitrewindthat
also known as hobbes.
User Info.
I love when people like you have nothing better to do than troll on a message board....

Oh I'm trolling now? But when I posted my opinion I was told to fuck off...so either way I can't win? I'm sure you never even read my posts a few pages back, you just wanted to get in on the shit talking since you know, you have nothing better to do.

Should I go start a tumblr to bitch about all the mean people on absolutepunk.net?

08:52 AM on 02/29/12
lidoscotty
Lido Beach / Scotty
User Info.
Class act, that guy. Fan forever.
08:52 AM on 02/29/12
waitrewindthat
also known as hobbes.
User Info.
People loved Taproot once. T.I. was once the most popular rapper in the world. Times change, kids (who are the majority of consumers) grow up.People don't have a responsibility to continue supporting something or someone forever just because it was popular once. Fall Out Boy had a pretty great run, he made millions of dollars, played sold out arenas, was able to travel the world, and got to experience a ton of things most never will because of it. Yes, it must be terrible getting mean letters and hecklers, but what he doesn't mention were the tons of girls willing to bang him and the ton of fan positivie letters and feedback that also comes with that same territory.

If he can't just be happy with his accomplishments and move on to the next phase of his, that sucks for him I guess, I'm sure as hell not going to feel sorry for him and don't think he should be out there begging for sympathy.

I'm sure Cuba Gooding Jr. thought he was going to be a major movie star forever when he won his Oscar, and is sad it didn't pan out that way, but he just working and not begging people who liked Jerry Maguire back in the day to feel sorry for him.
Can we be best friends?
08:53 AM on 02/29/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Emo as fuck.

(Sidenote: my phone doesn't try to auto-correct 'emo.' That's hilarious).
08:55 AM on 02/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.

ok...but that does make it right for people to be dicks. FOB and maybe Patrick have already peaked as far as commercial success goes but the dude is young and talented. He is not going to just die off because his band is not on top of the world. The problem is that the band's own fans were acting this ignorant. It's easy to sit here and say he is rich and had his run from the computer but in reality he is a hard working artist trying to do his thing. FOB never asked to be famous and the burden of fame is that Patrick will never have that 2nd chance to start small or do something new without comparisons and angry old fans. If Fall Out Boy gets back together I would not care if their records sold well I would just wanna listen to them and go to shows. When Yellowcard got back together that's exactly what I and many others did.
08:55 AM on 02/29/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.

Wow. Super fanboy right here, guys. Watch out!
08:58 AM on 02/29/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.

I absolutely agree with this.
08:58 AM on 02/29/12
xrider105
This is closure once and for all!
User Info.
Reading this really bummed me out. Fall Out Boy have been my favourite band since the TTTYG days and I still think Folie a Deux is their best record by far. I don't get why more people never grew with them like I did. I can only listen to TTTYG and FUCT because of the nostalgia nowadays, they were capable of writing much better songs and they did. Sucks to hear they actually got booed for it.

Also, Soul Punk had some really good songs. I still love "Allie" just to name one.

This so much. Folie a Deux was so good. I don't skip one track on that album. "What A Catch, Donnie" is one of my favorite songs ever. And oddly enough I was just listening to Soul Punk on Saturday.
08:59 AM on 02/29/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Still not going to blog about you saying such hateful and disgusting things.
What important shit have you done in your life to merit it though. You could die tomorrow and what would you have to make of it. I am in college myself and don't have much to say in terms of accomplishments but I don't act like a dick for the sake of being a dick. Patrick has the right post his opinion on these issues. He has made something of himself so good on him.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests