Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 109
10:46 AM on 03/06/12
ghelms88
Back by Popular Demand
User Info.
It sounds about the same as it did 2 months ago. I still enjoy listening to this album, even after having it for a couple months.

Pre-ordered it on vinyl.
10:47 AM on 03/06/12
Özgür Kurtoglu
-
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Anarchy has never sounded so safe and secure.
Nicely done.
10:51 AM on 03/06/12
SmallFrailBoy
User Info.
Would make a fantastic EP. I see things I love in here - and see some things I just end up skipping.
The love songs are fine... I guess. But it's the punk songs that I want them to rework. Say Anything is most powerful when they write angry songs mixed with humility ...Is A Real Boy was a funny record. They really lost that in subsequent releases... and it's a shame. I always thought that was Max's most identifiable gift as a songwriter.

Nowadays we just get this constant barrage of "If you don't respect me and my band and my wife, fuck you!"

Where'd the storytelling go?
10:55 AM on 03/06/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Just kind of seems dead on impact to me
10:56 AM on 03/06/12
rushour144
User Info.
As just a "casual" Say Anything listener (as someone else said on here earlier) I think this is pretty awesome. Yes, it doesn't have any super "up tempo" or odd breaks like other albums, but it is still a great album. I mean "Admit it Again" is one of the best songs I have heard from them in a long while.
It does tend to slack in the back half, but "The Stephen Hawking" redeems it!!!
10:58 AM on 03/06/12
Calvin Lauber
User Info.
Yeah. I like the first few songs, and the last song, and Overbiter is good. Other than that it just seems very bland to me when compared to all of his other works. Which sucks because I love SA. I know max still has it in him to write an awesome album.. maybe this one was just a slump. They need to turn up their amps and let his scream his lungs out and then they will be awesome again imo.
deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
This album isn't out yet? What the...? I already forgot about it, and it's not even out :( So yeah, it's disposable at best.
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
A partial letdown. Obviously, we all knew by the start that would have been unreal expecting a masterpiece like Is A Real Boy. But, in all honesty, I was expecting a great record, a great, solid, piece of music. I'm not sayin' that this is a bad record, because surely it contains a bunch of very good songs, but compared to their previous works, Anarchy is their weakest record. Their New Again.
11:04 AM on 03/06/12
Nexus Strife
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"Anarchy has never sounded so safe and secure."
Perfectly put. Not a fan of this record, much worse than anything they've done before. 4/10 or lower for me.
11:05 AM on 03/06/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Would make a fantastic EP. I see things I love in here - and see some things I just end up skipping.
I think I'd agree with that.
11:12 AM on 03/06/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
for one, this isn't the "real say anything album" he spoke at length about a year ago, at least in the terms he was saying. i know, who am I to say what's real or not, but it doesn't match the mans own criteria.

as for this being a violent anarchic punk rock record, that's laughable. anarchic punk records don't have love songs. i'm cool with ballads, it's just not very "fuck the man". it's like calling Titanic an action movie cause there's some violence in it, and a bunch of people die.

what SA needs to do is start paying attention, simple as that. they can still write riffs, there are some very very good ones on the album, they're just using them piss poorly. every instrument needs to be chiseled down into it's perfect place, every snare roll, rim shot, power slide, and fill. just as Is A Real Boy. that's one of the major things missing, that attention to detail.

also, as stated before, the storytelling, where is it? is this the same guy that wrote "Alive With The Glory Of Love"? Listen to the lyrics of that song, and compare it with the best lyrical song on this album. It's prime rib sitting next to a meatloaf.

you get those tight little creative moments that jerk and push and stop and then release them with a monster rock and roll hook covered in whip smart pseudo-poetry, it's unstoppable, and a big reason a lot of us are here talking about this band today.
11:14 AM on 03/06/12
Mr.Piano93
I hate my username.
User Info.
Weak.
11:19 AM on 03/06/12
littleredhouse
User Info.
loved the self titled and i remember people shitting on that, but this album seems to lack momentum, a lot of the songs are slow/mid-tempo which i wouldn't mind cause i enjoy slower say anything tracks (eloise and cemetery are great songs) but these songs just don't grab me
11:21 AM on 03/06/12
Mr Hox182
Are you a fan of delicious flavor?
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow this leaked quite awhile back anyway's not a fan at all of this record. Lacks effort and seems very uninspired. "Max" called this a punk recored? Think a lot of fans will be let down by this one sadly.

I'm confused... Are you saying his name isn't really Max?
11:23 AM on 03/06/12
coreysetfail
I Blue Myself.
User Info.
This. Times a thousand. I would have preferred this..

1. Burn A Miracle
2. Say Anything
3. Night's Song
4. Admit It Again
5. Peace Out
6. Overbiter
7. The Stephen Hawking

Or something like that. I feel a little let down just because Say Anything was my favorite band - but this release just felt lazy. Too many repetitive choruses. Way too many. There's some really good songs on the album, but there also feels like too much filler. Maybe it was rushed. I don't know. Definitely their weakest release - but I can still enjoy at least half of it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos