AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Exclusive News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Exclusive
Inside AP.net

ABSOLUTExclusive: Warped Tour Acoustic Stage...

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (03/06/12)
We are excited to announce that this summer's Warped Tour will feature a new stage/tent called The Acoustic Basement. As the name suggests, the stage will showcase acoustic performances from acts such as Anthony Raneri, Kristopher Roe, Vinnie Caruana, Transit, A Loss For Words, Into It. Over It., Koji, Brian Marquis and more. Hit the replies for a video announcement and additional details - including a chance to play your local date of the tour.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 117
07:57 PM on 03/06/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

DetailsThe Acoustic Basement is a brand new stage on this year's Vans Warped Tour and will feature leading and up-and-coming acoustic acts within the punk/indie/folk genres.

The setting will be a large tent/stage designed to have the look and feel of an intimate basement show, allowing the audience to get up close and personal with the artist, relax in the shade and get a break from the sun and the clamor of the crowd.

Artists featured on the Acoustic Basement stage this year include: Anthony Raneri of Bayside, Kristopher Roe of The Ataris (6/16-7/3), Vinnie Caruana of The Movielife/I Am the Avalanche (6/16-7/3), A Loss for Words, Transit, Into It. Over It. (6/16-7/7), Koji, Owen Plant (7/8-8/5), Brian Marquis, Tess Dunn (6/23), James Morris (6/27) and many more still to be announced.

Want your chance to play the Acoustic Basement stage on this summer's Vans Warped Tour? Enter the 16th annual Ernie Ball Battle of the Bands! 3 local acoustic artists will be chosen to play the stage each day. Visit battleofthebands.com for more details and to enter.

The tour kicks off on June 16th in Salt Lake City + pre-registration is happening RIGHT NOW for pre-sale tickets going on sale on March 30th. This will be your first crack at these specially priced, 3D commemorative tickets that include jump the line access and more. Limited number in each city and while supplies last. Register here.
08:01 PM on 03/06/12
uglystar03
User Info.
This sounds super cool!
DefendTheGenre
I sing songs and drink whiskey.
User Info.
Looks like I'm going to Warped Tour this year after all.
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
Pretty cool.
08:02 PM on 03/06/12
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Neat.
08:03 PM on 03/06/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
This is very cool
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
This is a fantastic idea. My only question is whether or not the artists playing this stage will be playing regular sets at each stop as well? Or are they just playing the acoustic stage the entire time they're on the tour?
cowlord
( \_(ツ)_/)
User Info.
Love this idea. Interested to see how well this does.
08:04 PM on 03/06/12
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
Id go just so I could see A Loss for Words twice in one day.
08:06 PM on 03/06/12
cwhit412
User Info.
This is a fantastic idea. My only question is whether or not the artists playing this stage will be playing regular sets at each stop as well? Or are they just playing the acoustic stage the entire time they're on the tour?
That's what my question is. If Transit isn't playing an electric set, I'll be extremely disappointed.
08:06 PM on 03/06/12
fenderstrat383
Kenneth Doolittle
User Info.
Anthony's playing with Bayside and his acoustic set, saw it in an interview he had, I know that much.
08:09 PM on 03/06/12
notetoself343
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
08:10 PM on 03/06/12
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
An acoustic Transit set is one of the first things attracting me to this tour.
08:10 PM on 03/06/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
It is my understanding that those bands who are the regular tour will be playing additional acoustic sets in the tent. Brian should be in the thread at some point to clear up any confusion.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests