AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Dropkick Murphys News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Dropkick Murphys
Inside AP.net

ABSOLUTExclusive: Dropkick Murphys Song Stream From...

Posted by: Jason Tate (03/07/12)
The Dropkick Murphys are releasing a new double CD next Tuesday called Going Out In Style: Fenway Park Bonus Edition, which features: their acclaimed Going Out In Style, plus a full CD of 18 live tracks from their performance at Boston's Fenway Park (hence the CD’s subtitle). Videos of this entire performance are also included with the package via a download card. Today we're bringing you a bad ass premiere of "Kiss Me, I’m Shitfaced" from the live Fenway Park performance. You can check that out on the band's AP.net profile or in the replies. Like it? Pre-order the album on Amazon.

But that's not all! We've also got a little contest for you. We want to give you a chance to win some awesome stuff.

One winner will get:
1) Autographed copy of the new CD: “Going Out In Style: Fenway Park Bonus Edition”
2) Autographed Dropkick Murphys “Going Out In Style” vinyl LP
3) Dropkick Murphys patch (skull and cross swords style)
4) Dropkick Murphys Green T-shirt (with Dropkicks logo & skeleton accordion style)
5) Dropkick Murphys sticker (beer logo style)

Four other winners will get an autographed copy of the new CD.

How do you win? Simple: Post in the replies why you love the band and deserve this bonus prize pack.

[button=http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/apmedia/15_Kiss%20Me%20I%27m%20Shitfaced.mp 3]Dropkick Murphys - "Kiss Me, I’m Shitfaced"[/button]

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 36
01:11 PM on 03/07/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
On March 13, Dropkick Murphys will release the Going Out In Style: Fenway Park Bonus Edition CD - an expanded version of the critically acclaimed Going Out In Style - on the band-owned Born & Bred Records (via ILG). The Fenway Park Bonus Edition includes the Live From Fenway bonus disc, recorded on September 8 and 9 in front of 20,000 Dropkick Murphys fans at the band's sold out headlining dates at Boston's legendary ballpark. The bonus edition includes a download of the filmed concert at Fenway Park as well as - for the first time - the complete story of Cornelius Larkin by the band’s friend and best-selling author Michael Patrick MacDonald (All Souls, Easter Rising). The Cornelius Larkin story is an expansion of MacDonald’s Cornelius Larkin obituary that appears in the Going Out In Style liner notes.

Track Listing for Live from Fenway

1) Hang ‘Em High
2) Sunday Hardcore Matinee
3) Deeds Not Words
4) Going Out In Style
5) The Irish Rover
6) Peg O' My Heart
7) Tessie
8) Cruel
9) Climbing A Chair To A Bed
10) Take ‘Em Down
11) Devil’s Brigade
12) Boys On The Docks
13) The Dirty Glass
14) The State Of Massachusetts
15) Kiss Me I'm Shitfaced
16) Time To Go
17) I'm Shipping Up To Boston
18) T.N.T. (cover)

Upcoming DKM Tour Dates:

3/01/12 - New Orleans, LA @ House Of Blues
3/03/12 - Pompano Beach, FL @ Pompano Beach Amphitheatre
3/04/12 - Orlando, FL @ House Of Blues
3/05/12 - Tampa, FL @ Ritz Ybor
3/06/12 - Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle
3/07/12 - Nashville, TN @ Marathon Music Works
3/09/12 - Atlantic City, NJ @ House Of Blues
3/10/12 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun
3/11/12 - Huntington, NY @ Paramount Theater
3/14/12 - Boston, MA @ House Of Blues
3/15/12 - Boston, MA @ House Of Blues
3/16/12 - Boston, MA @ House Of Blues
3/17/12 - Lowell, MA @ Tsongas Arena (matinee show with State Radio)
3/17/12 - Lowell, MA @ Tsongas Arena (evening show)
3/18/12 - Boston, MA @ Brighton Music Hall
3/24/12 - Washington, DC @ ShamrockFest ‘12
01:16 PM on 03/07/12
Brian vs Shark
AP's biggest Mike Kinsella Fanboy
User Info.
I have followed the DKM from my youth to adulthood. I play them every chance I get (at a bar, in the car, going to run...) They are also associated with so many of my memories with friends. Sitting at an Irish Pub watching the Red Sox win the World Series on TV and instantly hearing one of my favorite bands immediately after is a memory that will stick with me forever
01:18 PM on 03/07/12
Fonduecheddar85
Let's become Telapathic!
User Info.
I saw them at the House of Blues Boston last year for St. Patricks day and it was awesome!! I flew up there from Florida just to see them and experience Patty's day in Boston! I even went to their bar McGreevies! If that's not enough to get some free swag then how about that I am of irish heritage and rock an IRA bumper sticker?
01:32 PM on 03/07/12
Rated_R_67
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've seen the band twice already and am shipping up to Boston this year to see them play on St. Patrick's Day! I'll be traveling from Philadelphia to see the band play on their day of glory. I've followed the band since my days in high school and it has all lead up to seeing them up in Boston. I hope that winning this prize pack will make this even sweeter!
01:43 PM on 03/07/12
thisisadisaster
RICK FROM ALABAMA
User Info.
best song.
02:15 PM on 03/07/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Man I do not need to be reminded about dropkick after my failed plan for st pattys in Boston thus year. I was supposed to see them play at the HOB Saturday but plans fell through
02:41 PM on 03/07/12
Chuck!
Lost Forever // Lost Together
User Info.
At the bar, especially towards the end of a long night, I'll put on Kiss Me, I'm Shitfaced and sing along obnoxiously. That said, I'm regretfully unfamiliar with most of DKM's catalog. I'd be really happy to get a live CD that could serve as a broader introduction to the band.
03:03 PM on 03/07/12
ChaseTx
Dropkick Murphys are to me what Drive-Thru bands are to most of the users on this site. While most of my peers were going crazy for so many pop-punk bands, I was mainly into Epitaph bands. I remember being introduced to DKM from a Punk-o-Rama compilation and loving it. "The Gauntlet" was one of my favorite songs growing up. In short, DKM is a childhood treasure for me.
03:24 PM on 03/07/12
jjm1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dropkick Murphys are pretty awesome live, saw them in 2001 at Suffolk Downs Warped Tour (it was insane.) But i don't want any of that stuff. I do really want to see Frank Turner at Mohegan Sun but he's opening for Dropkick. Now if he were headlining i'd be there in a heartbeat but i'm not so sure about getting tickets when he's the opening act. So i guess what im saying is, can i have Dropkick tickets to see Frank Turner this Saturday?
03:35 PM on 03/07/12
swimhockey
The Times We Felt ALIVE
User Info.
The drop kick Murphy's rock. I'm shipping up to Boston is a staple song for any playlist, party, event, etc. Oh and does it help I'm from Boston? Boston FTW
03:48 PM on 03/07/12
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Because I'd rather hang out in my room and listen to a live performance than show up at one of their shows and deal with the bro-dudes, grandparents, and tweeners that are into them. Just kidding.

Actually, I don't want to win a copy of the CD but I think it's really cool that this is a contest! Band deserves far more love 'round these parts (and in general). They're more than just "that Irish punk band" in so many ways and for so many reasons.
03:48 PM on 03/07/12
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
I just love them!
03:52 PM on 03/07/12
bdonne07
User Info.
Growing up Irish Catholic in New England meant I was forced to go to church on Sundays, abstain from meat on Fridays during Lent, and (at the time) worst of all, listen to traditional Irish music anytime I was in the car with parents.

I can say with some confidence that I knew the traditional Irish songs better than many of the traditional American songs growing up (I think I knew the word "famine" before learning what it meant). I remember particularly hating the anthem, "A Nation Once Again", to the point where my parents would play it to hear me groan from the back seat of our silver Mazda minivan.

It wasn't until I discovered the music of DKM where I realized, "wait, Irish music...CAN be cool?". Once I heard the Murphy's renditions of songs like "Fields of Athenry" and "Black Velvet Band" I was hooked. It wasn't until a few years later that I found myself scrounging for the original traditional Irish tunes to compliment my modern versions. My iTunes collection was a tribute to modern renditions of classic Irish folk: a bastardized-punk-history-book of the originals I grew up with.

As DKM continues to gain in popularity, their reach extends past the fans in Boston, Greater Massachusetts, and New England. They've given me a sense of Irish pride, American pride, and punk rock pride.

Brendan
04:12 PM on 03/07/12
GlassyLight
King of Wrangling
User Info.
I've been listening to DKM since 1998. As a gangly red-haired kid in Iowa with an odd taste in music, it wasn't easy to win friends. After begging my parents for a solid 3 years to no avail to see the band, I got to see them on the 2003 Warped Tour. I drove 7 hours to see the band, and that would have been horrible had I not just met a friend with whom I bonded over DKM's Blackout. Dropkick Murphys gave me friends when I needed them the most, and every time I've seen them since, it's been like going to that first show again with hundreds upon hundreds of friends I'll never even meet.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests