Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts
11:35 AM on 03/08/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Apparently they're recording in LA...surprise, surprise. I'm hoping either John Feldmann or Matt Squire is behind this.
11:37 AM on 03/08/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Here's something that Rian mentioned on reddit before to give you an idea of what they're aiming for:

"I hear you man, and I'll even agree that the cohesivness of the record was lacking. The 'problem' lies in the fact that we jumped around to different producers, so even if songs were similar, sonically there was a difference. We won't be doing that this next record so that won't be the issue. You know Avron mixed Dirty Work right? Hell of a guy."

Just want to mention that this was in reply to yours truly. You're welcome...
02:15 PM on 03/08/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
What was the purpose of the Avron statement at the end? I really really really want him to record/produce this next album. Just curious as to why he mentioned him randomly.

That's in response to my question, I had mentioned something about the band working with Avron. He pointed out that he did work on DW, which I didn't know because I never bought the physical so I didn't get to read the liner notes.

Edit: also, I highly doubt he'll produce this record. Not impossible, just unlikely since he's working on Yellowcard's new album.
08:46 PM on 03/08/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Well one, thank you for suggesting Avron. I want them to let him produce for them so bad. And unfortunately I think youre right since hes busy and Alex really likes working with Green. But idk maybe Alex will finish writing with Green and then when Yellowcard is done take the songs to Neal to see what he thinks, then make some changes and record. Alex even said a couple weeks ago that they haven't picked a producer yet. But if they dont pick Neal and go with Green Ill be happy too
It would be really hard for them to pick a bad producer. In that same reddit thread with Rian, I pointed out that the band doesn't pick bad producers to work on their records, they just pick so damn many of them that the styles clash. They sure do know how to pick producers. Now if they can just stick with out, they'll be all set!
10:20 PM on 03/08/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Very true. And with everything Alex has said about the direction of the album, one producer, "back to being all time low with drums two guitars and bass", etc... Im already 100% sure itll be a great record. I just think with Neal's work with New Found Glory, Yellowcard, Fall Out Boy (Sticks And Stones, Ocean Avenue, From Under The Cork Tree) and all the songs he's helped write with those bands I think Alex and him would be a great combo and have a good chance to get them to the next level.

Im being extremely idealistic and am relying on this band to bring rock/pop punk back to radio and mainstream relevancy haha
Yeah, that would be a great team and no doubt they could make a great record. Neal Avron fucking makes gold...literally. But even still, I think this band has the creativity and talent to make a good record again. I'm not even on the "they should make PUOSU PT. 2" shit. I'd much rather have a record full of songs that sound like Guts, Weightless, Sick Little Games, Heroes, Do You Want Me, Painting Flowers, Actors type tracks.

As far as bringing pop punk/rock back to the the mainstream. It's going to take a lot more than just one band to do so. I think the only bands that are active that can bring the genre back to light is All Time Low, Yellowcard, and Blink-182. It's still going to take a hell of a lot more than those three bands and I'm not even worried about either one of them being played on radio because I'd hate to have to associate All Time Low or Yellowcard or Blink with shit like LMFAO or other radio shit.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos