Nerodrumpsycho
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
casey's gone MaAaAaAaD!!
07:35 PM on 09/20/07
Nerodrumpsycho
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i dunno i love casey, but i'm skeptical. i hope he works with a producer this time around. i think he could benefit. i think he's got some fantastic ideas, but i think he executes his ideas in a somewhat cheesy manner at times. also i was very dissappointed with the production quality on act II...particularly the mix.
08:01 PM on 09/20/07
Nerodrumpsycho
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

i'm trying to put my finger on what it is exactly that i find cheesy. I think it's the way he repeats particular motifs multiple times in the album. I think it's cool when you do that once, but i thought he over did it a little. His lyrics are kind of corny, but then again they work well with the whole ms. leading story. The mix being less than desireable is pretty self explanitory. There's parts on the album where i think he just said "oh that'll do," where a producer would have gone "casey, don't be lazy, just do it over" or the same thing to some of the other musicians.

Don't get me wrong...i'm a huge fan, but you asked me to elaborate, so i did
08:04 PM on 09/20/07
Nerodrumpsycho
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"It may seem over-ambitious, or ridiculous, or like many other things, and that's fine. This is simply what we do. Our purpose is music. It isn't to get wasted on tour. It isn't to sleep in every day until 2pm and play a show, then return to a bed. No one has to listen, but anyone can. I can't promise these records to make sense to everyone. What I can promise is that they will be honest all encompassing interpretations of these colors and frequencies from our collective point of view- and that these records will contain many enjoyable moments- as well as discomforting moments."

i don't think that paragraph was in the original news post. seems like casey's covered his bases.
08:14 PM on 09/20/07
Nerodrumpsycho
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i look up to this man, and we will see what happens. TREOS was amazing, and so is The Dear Hunter
why you all think Thrice patented the idea of a concept album is beyond me.

amen...thrice may very well PERFECT the idea though.

And correction- TREOS IS amazing.

i am sorry that i'm getting in on this discussion so late hahaha.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests