AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 20 posts.
02:06 PM on 03/20/12
Mishiesings
User Info.
This band had a ton of momentum and completely lost it all. I liked songs on Kingdoms, but no music like this really gets me anymore like it used. I'll listen, but I don't really expect to like what I hear. haha

It doesn't sound anything like Kingdoms. I can definitely promise you that.
02:06 PM on 03/20/12
Mishiesings
User Info.
I thought this band fell off the face of the Earth. Now I'm pissed that they're actually alive and well and releasing new "music". Terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE band.

You're mean dude =(
02:12 PM on 03/20/12
Mishiesings
User Info.
I am so excited for this album. I am still wondering if the side project Gilgamesh is ever going to happen.

I can confirm, that Gilgamesh is happening eventually. Shits rude.
02:21 PM on 03/20/12
Mishiesings
User Info.
Im postive the band has had it with this type of comment but it's about time. It's been a full year since it was supposed to be released without even a trailer/teaser. My expectations are high and I am pumped to purchase this ASAP.

Dude, I've been trying to push it out the door for a year and a half! How do you think I feel? No one can erase this feel good boner I have right now. Hope it doesn't dissapoint you!
02:24 PM on 03/20/12
Mishiesings
User Info.
You probably get shit like this all the time, but come back to The Attic in Dayton Ohio please. I was pretty impressed when you guys came by with Marilyn Is Dead

They're Palisades now! And awesome dudes. Support the hell out of them, and hang with them if you ever get a chance. We love The Attic! Its like a home away from home. Sucks we haven't been there in a while =/
02:29 PM on 03/20/12
Mishiesings
User Info.
Haha, I hope to have a boner when I hear it too. It has to be a stressful position you guys have been in. Trying to keep your cool while so many kids are annoyed/anxious for updates. Especially since it seemed to be put of you guys' control.

Its the nature of the beast man. Who knows, maybe the wait is good. We kinda figured we were writing shit one step in another direction than most bands in our genre at the time. And I can say with certainty they have deviated so far from what we are that this album definitely fulfills a unique roll in rock right now. Some might say different, but I think its pretty unique =)
02:30 PM on 03/20/12
Mishiesings
User Info.
So stoked. Is it still going to be a EP like I heard or full length?

EP more likely, because we'd be recording and producing it ourselves. Takes time you know? Jakes got a busy schedual and whatnot, and we're just starting to book tours again.
02:34 PM on 03/20/12
Mishiesings
User Info.

Awww don't be like that =)
02:48 PM on 03/20/12
Mishiesings
User Info.
what sort of release can we expect to see? kingdoms was my #2 album of 2009.

Whadya mean what sort of release?
02:51 PM on 03/20/12
Mishiesings
User Info.
Stoked, from what i heard this is pretty different from Kingdoms, i think it was described as more "punk rock".

More Pop Punk.
02:52 PM on 03/20/12
Mishiesings
User Info.
digital/cd/vinyl/packages/etc...

Haha oh, I honestly don't know yet. The label handles all those logistics. Probably wouldn't expect vinyl, but I'm sure we'll put together some cool packages for people.
03:00 PM on 03/20/12
Mishiesings
User Info.
Haha I mean it in a good way - I loved Kingdoms - been anticipating this one for awhile

Send me an email, Ill get you guys a preview copy.
03:04 PM on 03/20/12
Mishiesings
User Info.
I think I would have been a lot more excited for this if it had been released a year ago, or whatever. It's weird, because Kingdoms was definitely one of my most anticipated releases when it was released, and I loved that album a hell of a lot. I loved watching as a band I had been following for a while finally got to tour a full record and stuff.

Now, I'm just... not into that album as much. I still love Meg Ryan, and a couple others. I still have some really ugly green gum monster shirt of theirs. I remember I wanted the black one with BROADWAY written across it a bunch of times, but that was sold out for my show and so I just bought the green one instead to support the band. Good times.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised with this release. Maybe I'll love it!

Dude I'm so sorry you got stuck with that shirt haha. I was totally against that design.
03:05 PM on 03/20/12
Mishiesings
User Info.
Stoked, my 2009 self is doing backflips into candy filled swimming pools.

Come Back To The Future dude!
03:06 PM on 03/20/12
Mishiesings
User Info.
Sweet! This is one of the few bands in the genre who I still constantly listen to.
Also, very cool of Misha to come here and respond to everyone here.

Cool of you for listening to us!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums