AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Dropkick Murphys News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Dropkick Murphys
Inside AP.net

Al Barr from The Dropkick Murphys Apologizes For Using...

Posted by: Jason Tate (03/29/12)
In a recent ad for the Punk & Disorderly tour, Al Barr of The Dropkick Murphys used a homophobic slur. He has since apologized on facebook.
From the Blogal barr here - i just wanted to address the negative comment that i made. first off, i'd like to apologize for using the term that i did. by no means did i intend for it to cause any hurt or harm, i now fully realize how insensitive it was. having grown up within a very diverse punk scene, i have many gay friends. i would never want to hurt anyone's feelings with my comments. i did not mean anything by this and now understand it is a word that i should not have used and will not use in the future. please accept my sincere apologies. my band and i are any anything but homophobic and our 16 year track record proves that we stand up for human rights and fight against injustices towards all people. thanks for your time and support, and again, please accept my sincere apologies.

Submitted by harsh reality

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 60
10:52 AM on 03/29/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
Saw this on altpress yesterday. Unfortunate that he let that slip but I don't think he should be lambasted for it. It was a mistake.
10:54 AM on 03/29/12
saveferris
Fine, I tried
User Info.
Love Dropkick murphys but, I absolutely despise that word
10:58 AM on 03/29/12
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
User Info.
d'oh
11:01 AM on 03/29/12
nikster
User Info.
I love this band but that just ain't cool.
11:14 AM on 03/29/12
sirensongofra
User Info.
i feel like south park handled the concept of this word really well. he clearly wasnt trying to insult homosexuals
11:14 AM on 03/29/12
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
User Info.
i love that the submitter is called "Harsh Reality"
11:17 AM on 03/29/12
BusterBluth
@edgarallentoe
User Info.
i feel like south park handled the concept of this word really well. he clearly wasnt trying to insult homosexuals
yep. either way I respect him for apologizing.
11:21 AM on 03/29/12
TAI182
User Info.
I still don't understand why this is being made into such a big deal.
11:21 AM on 03/29/12
j-dogg_69
At Full Speed
User Info.
I wanted to say something along these lines but thought I might torn apart for it. A lot of homophobic slurs have lost their meaning to a lot of heterosexual people (I'll admit, myself included, it's just a generic word to me) but I would never use the word around any homosexual friends in case they found it offensive. Learned that the hard way...
11:25 AM on 03/29/12
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
YouTube's giving me some trouble - would someone mind giving an edited version of the word?
11:36 AM on 03/29/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
The use of the word in a negative connotation still insults many homosexuals, regardless of intent.
11:37 AM on 03/29/12
Goat01
No Retreat, No Regrets.
User Info.

this is the first thing I thought of.
11:39 AM on 03/29/12
avenge_the_dead
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think people need to stop being so damn sensitive. Clearly there was no insult to homosexuals.
11:45 AM on 03/29/12
steve187
nah
User Info.
it's nothing more than a general insult these days. just like asshole, dumbass, dickhead etc..people need to stop being overly sensitive and realize that people aren't being hateful or homophobic and anything having to do with being gay probably doesn't even enter their thought process. it's just a word, get over it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests